Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 12-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #91
Yami Sasha
Random Negotiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HareyuNanami View Post
Personally; Security again.
no joke. Thought it would be better. Nope security was not as bad as last year but still.
I felt cattle penned. What happened is they put us in the North Building BUT forbid us from LEAVING the north building (even to go to the skywalk!)
So we were still cattle penned and forbidden to leave that building. Yet the other 2 conventions on the south building were walking through the north building all the time.
And weren't told to leave.
Okay as much as I hate Hobbystar, I for once I have to say that this is not true as far as i'm aware as everyone I knew left and entered as we pleased. Heck I left for two photoshoots even.

Also I would not call this a cattlepen as we had a whole floor this year AND freedom to move around as everyone I knew did.

I'm not calling you a liar or anything but it might have just been one bad egg amongst security there that might have done that cause all the rest were pretty chill as i'm aware.

Unread 12-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #92
Yami Sasha
Random Negotiator

Anyways so here is my review:

I came with my group of Persona 3 cosplayers with myself as Minato was first off happy that we had the whole floor this year and that it was in the north building. So cattle problem from last year already solved. It was the same place where DTAC 2010 was so that was nice.

The dealers room was rather nice and big this time and again size of DTAC 2010's again. What I was amazed by is dealers had both rare and old stuff which made my poor empty wallet cry lol. Only bad thing was when someone was rushing through the crowd with a carrion and ramped right past me (almost lost my balance I believe) So the cramped small dealers room from last year was solved.

The security... was indeed better. The only thing was their repeated asking for stamps which I understand I guess though a bit excesive. I didn't see or experience any problems to myself or anyone I knew. The funny thing was that my friend did Gangnam style where someone goes under his leg and the security came up wondering what it was till we explained it to him (funny he is sooo out of the loop)

Overall, this was rather well done this time around, I still don't like how they instantly started telling us to get out once it hit 5 :P but overall, Hobbystar seems to be fixing their act since MTAC. Just keep it up you moneyhogs XD
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #93
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Sasha View Post
Okay as much as I hate Hobbystar, I for once I have to say that this is not true as far as i'm aware as everyone I knew left and entered as we pleased. Heck I left for two photoshoots even.

Also I would not call this a cattlepen as we had a whole floor this year AND freedom to move around as everyone I knew did.

I'm not calling you a liar or anything but it might have just been one bad egg amongst security there that might have done that cause all the rest were pretty chill as i'm aware.
I was told on multiple occasions to either move or get back to the north building when heading to the sky walk.
I was followed by this one security guard the whole time until we went through the doors of the sky walk.
It happened again with a few of my friends at the end of the day. And it seems to be only this particular security guard. I am not saying ALL; I am just saying this one guy.

I understand you are not saying I am not a liar but I wasn't aloud the freedom and neither were my friends. We were even yelled at for sitting down on one of the couches on the walk to get back to the north building. Which is why I felt like we were being cattle penned again.
It was constant being yelled at by this one security guard all day which is what got frustrating. Because we were in costume. The others NOT in costume were not told to go back to their sides of the building which got my frustrated.

All and all even with no sleep that day I had fun seeing people I haven't seen since March~

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube

Last edited by HareyuNanami : 12-11-2012 at 06:19 PM.
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #94
Yami Sasha
Random Negotiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HareyuNanami View Post
I was told on multiple occasions to either move or get back to the north building when heading to the sky walk.
I was followed by this one security guard the whole time until we went through the doors of the sky walk.
It happened again with a few of my friends at the end of the day. And it seems to be only this particular security guard. I am not saying ALL; I am just saying this one guy.

I understand you are not saying I am not a liar but I wasn't aloud the freedom and neither were my friends. We were even yelled at for sitting down on one of the couches on the walk to get back to the north building. Which is why I felt like we were being cattle penned again.
It was constant being yelled at by this one security guard all day which is what got frustrating. Because we were in costume. The others NOT in costume were not told to go back to their sides of the building which got my frustrated.

All and all even with no sleep that day I had fun seeing people I haven't seen since March~
So indeed it was one security guard. We really should try to report some of these guys (do they wear nametags?) so we clear all the bad eggs from the rest of the okay staff :P
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #95
Kisshu-Cutie
Prince of cuteness!>3

Hi~ I was the Sasha from Seikon no Qwaser! {The person people kept thinking was a kid with a blondish white wig and the red 'scar' on his face. I also had a scythe when my friend didn't take it.. lol}
Honestly.. I didn't really have much of a problem with the con this time, the staff were rather nice to me and my friend, the con goes were incredibly fun and since i knew a few of the venders I got to have a few interesting conversations.
Though we were pretty much just in the hall way and where the doors to get in were it seemed more like that was due to the fact there was construction going on down the end of the hall and not once was I told I wasn't able to go up the escalator. Sure one time the woman that was there asked where me and my friend was going but she seemed more worried we were having a bad time and leaving instead of forcing us to stay.
I'm not really sure why people found it annoying that the staff kept asking to check your stamps, you have to realize DTAC is a business and the staff are there to make sure DTAC makes its money. The staff can't remember every single person who were at the con and got a stamp. Lol.

HELLO

Anime North 2012

Alucard/Girlycard from Hellsing {85.5%}

Riku/ Kurix Nobody from Kingdom Hearts 80%

Train HeartNet from Black Cat
Kisshu-Cutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #96
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

I actually spent the whole time manning my plushie table..so I can't really comment on the con as a whole. I got to walk around the dealers room for 5 minutes at 4:30, it seemed larger than last year. It didn't seem cattle-pen-ish.

Honestly, I feel a little hurt when people called this con "if you wanna pay $10 to sit around" as I volunteered my time to organize/run the workshop -- anyways, if you made a Kawaii Christmas tree I hope you had fun!!
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #97
musicalcats
Mars Fire Ignite

I had fun at the con, but I didn't like the fact that they were rushing to get us out. >_< Got a Bleach poster & Pocky. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokulen22 View Post
I actually spent the whole time manning my plushie table..so I can't really comment on the con as a whole. I got to walk around the dealers room for 5 minutes at 4:30, it seemed larger than last year. It didn't seem cattle-pen-ish.

Honestly, I feel a little hurt when people called this con "if you wanna pay $10 to sit around" as I volunteered my time to organize/run the workshop -- anyways, if you made a Kawaii Christmas tree I hope you had fun!!
I like making the Totoro plush, but I think if I wasn't rushing it because my boyfriend kept coming over it might have looked better :P, lol. My friend gave me her Christmas tree. I want to hang it on my tree.
Tellu (Sailor Moon) (Sunday)
My cosplay page:
musicalcats is offline   Reply With Quote