Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 4.62 average.
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #631
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

I don't like spicy foods, but if ground pepper just added heat, I'd be able to cope. But no, it changes the actual flavour of the food to something I dislike on a very deep level. I have the same problem with wasabi - I'd rather eat "spicy ___" sushi than anything with even a tiny dab of wasabi on it.

Unread 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #632
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I put loads of pepper on everything. All kinds of pepper. And hot sauce. I have a variety of hot sauces for different foods and different moods.
I also love pepper. But 99% of pretty much all food not made by me has way too much salt for my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
If I could put crushed red peppers on everything, I would!
So what's stopping you? You're a grown-ass man. Do what you want!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #633
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
But no, it changes the actual flavour of the food to something I dislike on a very deep level. I have the same problem with wasabi - I'd rather eat "spicy ___" sushi than anything with even a tiny dab of wasabi on it.
Yeah, I get you --- I have a similar problem with texture (Less than taste). I have a high problem with cream soups over regular ones due to the texture.

Or yogurt with small fruit pieces (Like strawberry) in it, it makes me gag trying to eat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
So what's stopping you? You're a grown-ass man. Do what you want!
It doesn't work out will types of food

But you're right, nothing is stopping me!
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #634
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
I also love pepper. But 99% of pretty much all food not made by me has way too much salt for my taste.
Then remind me not to cook for you, because I always overdo it on the salt.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #635
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
It doesn't work out will types of food

But you're right, nothing is stopping me!
About the only thing I can think of that I wouldn't put pepper of some variety on is dairy. Well, except cheese. Pepper on ice cream sounds odd. I've had chocolate with chiles and it was really good.

Quote:
Then remind me not to cook for you, because I always overdo it on the salt.
Well, your bread was delicious! Salt is something that you get acclimated to so the more you use the less you taste it and vice versa. I stopped using a salt shaker routinely ages and ages ago and went seriously low-salt about 5 years ago so even a little salt seems really salty to me.

-----

Here's an unpopular opinion (and a pre-emptive first strike now that we are talking about food). Just because one dislikes a particular food, does not mean that is it gross, disgusting, vomit inducing or whatever other hyperbolic term people love to use. People who insist on saying things like that just sound immature and narrow-minded.

Last edited by The Hag : 12-12-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #636
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
About the only thing I can think of that I wouldn't put pepper of some variety on is dairy. Well, except cheese. Pepper on ice cream sounds odd. I've had chocolate with chiles and it was really good.

Well, your bread was delicious! Salt is something that you get acclimated to so the more you use the less you taste it and vice versa. I stopped using a salt shaker routinely ages and ages ago and went seriously low-salt about 5 years ago so event little salt seems really salty to me.

-----

Here's an unpopular opinion (and a pre-emptive first strike now that we are talking about food). Just because one dislikes a particular food, does not mean that is it gross, disgusting, vomit inducing or whatever other hyperbolic term people love to use. People who insist on saying things like that just sound immature and narrow-minded.
I've had chocolate ice cream with chile peppers in it, does that count as pepper ice cream? It doesn't actually strike me as one of the weirdest things you can put in ice cream... there are probably some things you can combine with black pepper that would be really good as a frozen dairy treat.

Really I should just stop adding salt to food. I know it's not healthy. There's just something so satisfying about turning that salt mill, though!
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #637
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I saw a recipe on foodnetwork for some kind of fruit and pepper sorbet. I think it was mango.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #638
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I've had chocolate ice cream with chile peppers in it.
That does sound good. I stand corrected. So yeah, now I'm thinking that you can put pepper on anything. If, you know, you like pepper. Kildread, you should go for it.....
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #639
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
You just shot down the entire SnorgTees franchise(?).

Like Black Milk, I don't think their stuff is very good --- the women who wear the stuff look amazing though.

Don't care about the men.
I have the belief that not every joke, mildly amusing or otherwise, that has ever been put on the internet can be successfully put on a t shirt. So yeah not a fan of SnorgTees, one quick look and it was everything I expected, shit zombie jokes, shit bacon jokes, shit science jokes.

I do quite like some of Black milk. I think their Star Wars stuff is awesome.

I don't know what you mean by men though, they don't... do men's clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #640
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
I don't know what you mean by men though, they don't... do men's clothes.
Yeah, they don't.

I've found out it doesn't prevent men from wearing the stuff
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #641
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Meggings for all!

What I really don't understand are those drop-crotch pants, though. I find that look extremely confusing.
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #642
sam vimes
A real live wire

Where in the blue fuck is my onesie?

Quote:
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #643
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Mom jeans, high-waisted pants, and suspenders are freaking dapper and need to make a comeback.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #644
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

I'd like to see more support for kilts. Not in the winter, obviously.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #645
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I had to wear one for four years in high school...it wasn't that awesome. (I also kept wondering why an ENGLISH Catholic school had a SCOTTISH tartan. The dress Gordon to be specific)
Also, it was hilarious when a male and very-Celtic schoolmate of mine wore one instead of dress pants. Everyone thought it was awesome, and HE GOT AWAY WITH IT because it was both uniform AND ethnic dress. XD until bitchy-as-fuck vice principal went on her daily NO INDIVIDUALITY ALLOWED, TAKE EVERYTHING OFF rampage (seriously, she'd yell at you for having a single freaking button undone, or being IN THE MIDDLE OF GOING TO YOUR LOCKER to change your shoes in the middle of winter).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote