Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 12-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

My first lolita outfit! What do you think?

For many years I've been wanting to get into lolita, but intimidated by other lolis and what defines lolita. What to wear and what not to wear. I did a lot of research over the years and finally went for it. One of my friends I met at my work is into lolita so she sold me a set for dirt cheap, a blouse, skirt, and socks. I'd say it's more kuro but if I added a colorful wig and colorful accessories I could make it egl easy. Just ignore my shoes, I wanted to put some shoes on but I didn't have any lolita friendly shoes. I just ordered a few basic loli items, shoes and a petti. And for a cheap 2 layer petti it gives me huge poof! Any way, I know it's not all that wow, but any advice to make it pop or any thing would be great.

PS, I'm ordering a super adorable red bodyline dress. I just need to buy some shoes and stockings or socks for it. Not finding much of what I want online. I wanted either white stockings with cute patterns or just white knee high socks with lace on the top.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...20121111_2.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...20121111_1.jpg

Had more pics but no idea where they went. Sorry for the blurry pics. @.@
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
sailormoonfan14

I think you definitely have a start :> TBH i think your skirt could use more poof, but i'm very much a sweet lolita so that is probably why. I suggest you maybe tuck in your blouse farther, and move the skirt up a bit, because with the blouse puffing out like it seems to it looks a bit frumpy.

I think you could maybe add some more accessories in, some bracelets, rings and a necklace, or a pair of wristcuffs to spice up the outfit. Also, it'd probably help to tailor the sleeves on the blouse a bit to sit higher on the arms, but it's nothing major

Overall you definitely have a good start, i think with a bit of tweaking this could be a good basic Kuro loli outfit :>
sailormoonfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailormoonfan14 View Post
I think you definitely have a start :> TBH i think your skirt could use more poof, but i'm very much a sweet lolita so that is probably why. I suggest you maybe tuck in your blouse farther, and move the skirt up a bit, because with the blouse puffing out like it seems to it looks a bit frumpy.

I think you could maybe add some more accessories in, some bracelets, rings and a necklace, or a pair of wristcuffs to spice up the outfit. Also, it'd probably help to tailor the sleeves on the blouse a bit to sit higher on the arms, but it's nothing major

Overall you definitely have a good start, i think with a bit of tweaking this could be a good basic Kuro loli outfit :>
I had an issue with the blouse, I didn't tuck it in in the pics but I tucked it in after to see how it would look. Although I have to admit on it's own that skirt had a lot of poof. I did buy a cheap petti, and 2 layers and it gave it huge poof!

I'm not as huge into sweet or kawaii lolita when I first started liking it. I like bright colors, but thing with sweet when I look for sweet items, dresses, skirts whatever, is it'll be a bright color and have annoyingly "loud" prints. So I can never tend to find much that I like. I don't mind more "tame" patterns like polka dots or flowery prints.

I plan to do a little shopping from bodyline so I'll probably check out their jewelry, they do definitely have a lot of selection. Thanks!
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 12-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
chibi-kirin

Aww!! You look so cute!! ^-^
chibi-kirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi-kirin View Post
Aww!! You look so cute!! ^-^
Thanks. ^_^
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 12-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I wanted t oget into Lolita too as Victorian era stuff is my favourite but being a MtF transgender I thought it might be pressing my luck so I went with Alice Madness Returns. However I finally said you know what I am going to attempt it and my first Lolita outfit that is not steampunk is the one in my picture. I know I need work of course but I think its pretty good. I still need to get a few more pieces for it like maybe some custom made pink shoes

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice MacLeod View Post
I wanted t oget into Lolita too as Victorian era stuff is my favourite but being a MtF transgender I thought it might be pressing my luck so I went with Alice Madness Returns. However I finally said you know what I am going to attempt it and my first Lolita outfit that is not steampunk is the one in my picture. I know I need work of course but I think its pretty good. I still need to get a few more pieces for it like maybe some custom made pink shoes
It doesn't look too bad. There's a good Chinese taobao seller that does custom shoes, you could get some custom made there. I'm thinking of ordering from them because they are moderately priced. It wouldn't be so expensive with shipping added on, but might as well since you'll pay 40 or more for name brand loli shoes.

I love Victorian and the French Aristocrat style of clothing. I should get some thing made like that. ;_;
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 12-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #8
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I am actually of nobility and when my family line is sorted out I will hold a legal Lady title and my brother will be Lord Peter the Third, 18th Lord of Assynt and Ardvreck lol. I thought the long gowns and such was the only thing I could ever pull off. I have a really nice long blue aristocrat dress from Milanoo. I have heard many people complain about that company but I have yet to ever have a problem with them. I think I will get shoes made from cosplaysky. They have a lot of really nice shoes and all can be custom made. I have a pink bag, parasol, head piece and some other items on order as well. In fact this head piece was a bow that belongs on the front of the dress but was removable so I took an old head piece, slid off its bow and slid that one on. Otherwise I would not have a head piece and as far as I understand a head piece is very important for the look. I also have a crinoline and bloomers on as I thought was proper but I am really not sure. I think I need a proper blouse for underneath though. It also has long removable sleeves too

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote