Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Aki Persona 3

All I have done at the moment is the wig. I would just like a helpful critique. Now I know it's not perfect, but I kept it a little long to help cover up my hair. And please ignore my natural hair sticking out and the wig hook thingy. I just threw on the wig to take some pics. I'm thinking of getting some of that hair color spray to put on the natural hair that pokes out. Since my hair is dark I figure the white or silver will stick out well.

If any one has any tips to hide my natural hair would be great too! I am wearing a wig net, I always do. Thinking of bleaching it white. XD

Thanks!

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...3/CAM00473.jpg
(front)

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...3/CAM00475.jpg
(right)

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...3/CAM00476.jpg
(left)
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

That looks pretty good.
For hiding the hair, You cut that a bit short so it will be very hard, You can use a wig cap for starters, I would also suggest seeing if you can get the areas where you can see your hair to go more down back. Behind the ears, seems to be flowing back. You may not have a choice but to buy a new one and not cut it so short. It looks way too short. Trust me, I have had this problem a few times, I had to buy a new wig on that problem..You can also try to gel that part of your hair up so gravity doesn't become your enemy lol

It's pretty hard to explain over typing lol
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)

Last edited by Jei-Cos : 12-12-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
That looks pretty good.
For hiding the hair, You cut that a bit short so it will be very hard, You can use a wig cap for starters, I would also suggest seeing if you can get the areas where you can see your hair to go more down back. Behind the ears, seems to be flowing back. You may not have a choice but to buy a new one and not cut it so short. It looks way too short. Trust me, I have had this problem a few times, I had to buy a new wig on that problem..You can also try to gel that part of your hair up so gravity doesn't become your enemy lol

It's pretty hard to explain over typing lol
Funny thing is I didn't cut it that short but my natural hair is decently long now. I'm going to try geling the edges of my hair and maybe get the hair color in a can. So atleast if it pokes out it matches. XD It's okay, I almost just gave up and ordered a slightly long wig that covers my hair. lol
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Hmm. Do you use a wig cap? That may help as it doesn't look like you are wearing one..Get a nude colored one. It will make the dark hair color go away and look like skin under that part of the har..Honestly though, Yea I'd say get a new one that's lonfder..while wearing one that's longer, find out how long that area needs to be before cutting it. In face, when I said I had the same problem, THAT was the problem..I didn't see how long it needed to be to cover (my hair is only about 2 inches long now so I no longer have that problem until it finally gets long again..lol)

EDIT: Btw, the front looks really good though..It's only behind the ears..When you get your pic taken, chances are no one will see that area unless it's almost a profile view.
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Hmm. Do you use a wig cap? That may help as it doesn't look like you are wearing one..Get a nude colored one. It will make the dark hair color go away and look like skin under that part of the har..Honestly though, Yea I'd say get a new one that's lonfder..while wearing one that's longer, find out how long that area needs to be before cutting it. In face, when I said I had the same problem, THAT was the problem..I didn't see how long it needed to be to cover (my hair is only about 2 inches long now so I no longer have that problem until it finally gets long again..lol)

EDIT: Btw, the front looks really good though..It's only behind the ears..When you get your pic taken, chances are no one will see that area unless it's almost a profile view.
I wore a black one, I got a crap ton of them with the wigs I bought. Yeah, I got the bangs to a perfect length since he pretty much has none really. I tucked the hair behind his ears and it covers my hair, but it's the back that I have issues with but I barely trimmed any thing off the back.

But thanks. I nit picked at that wig for hours. T.T

I guess other then the fact at a certain angle you can see my hair under the wig...
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #6
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Hmm..That black cap may be hurting the cause more then helping..Get that nude colored one. I believe you can buy them just about any store..Like Walmart and such..Of course beauty supply stores like Sally's too..Anyway, they are only like $2 for a pack of 2..
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #7
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Hmm..That black cap may be hurting the cause more then helping..Get that nude colored one. I believe you can buy them just about any store..Like Walmart and such..Of course beauty supply stores like Sally's too..Anyway, they are only like $2 for a pack of 2..
That's fine, that's all I have on hand at the moment. I been needing to go to Sally's to buy a wig form because I had to use a roll of paper towel for one... Works surprisingly well. lol
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)