Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 214 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #6601
Zaiten

Loved the input, guys! Thanks! Hopefully one day I'll narrow down my ideas.. ( or just make a few characters, knowing me. )

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #6602
Diegator
User of Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
Loved the input, guys! Thanks! Hopefully one day I'll narrow down my ideas.. ( or just make a few characters, knowing me. )
I had the same problem so I made mine modular, with the intention of swapping out a few parts to make other senshis.
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #6603
Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegator View Post
I had the same problem so I made mine modular, with the intention of swapping out a few parts to make other senshi.
This. I realized right away that of I made all the parts of the costume interchangeable that I could make all three versions of Mercury at the cost of only a bit more fabric and a little extra for the star and white boots.

It is, admittedly, annoying and time consuming to put it all together for wearing that way, but for the ability to do any version off one base costume it is totally worth it. I have not taken advantage of this to do another senshi myself, but if I ever did, it will also be a snap.
Mr. Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #6604
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Er mah gosh. I forgot about this thread entirely. I never got to show all of you my finished Eternal Moon cosplay :0

I wore it to my convention happily, a lot of people couldn't stop petting my wings. Lucky me also got to see Ranma there and had a nice long chat!

I'm going to re-wear it next year, need to tweak a few things. I also entered in the masquerade as a performance, my friend who was doing Myu Pluto didn't show up in time so I did the dance to L'amour D'amour Moonlight. I'm not going to link a video, I look frightened on stage and embarrassed :x

So here's a piccie:

It's not perfect, but it was fun wearing it! My friend, Carla was cosplaying as anime Eternal Sailor Moon so we went around the con together, we got loads of photos!

-------------

I'm currently working on anime-version Super Sailor Moon. I recently bought a Kaleidoscope which cost me a lot of money :x
I've already got the leotard done, as well as one glove - drafted out the pattern for the skirt. Just waiting for my cotton fabric to arrive <3
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #6605
Lydialulu
lydialulu

@ x-steffi-x
your eternal moon looks fantastic!! it's incredibly impressive and looks so well made! awesome job DD

I just started my first sailor scout cosplay, jupiter! (loved her since I was young) Only started sewing yesterday so I got the front bow done (and of course it's lopsidded) and that's about it xD Still have a lot left to go!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3327029/

Margaery Tyrell (intro dress)

Elsa (Frozen) ?

Lydialulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #6606
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

I am having such troubles with Princess Serenitys bow!!

I cant seem to get that effect with the main ribbon!
I have tried the tutorial I found on here but it just doesn't work no matter what I do D=
HELP T_T

http://serapii-kisu.net/reserves/manga/ps/ps_015.jpg

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #6607
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydialulu View Post
@ x-steffi-x
your eternal moon looks fantastic!! it's incredibly impressive and looks so well made! awesome job DD

I just started my first sailor scout cosplay, jupiter! (loved her since I was young) Only started sewing yesterday so I got the front bow done (and of course it's lopsidded) and that's about it xD Still have a lot left to go!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3327029/
Thank you! <3

Your bow doesn't look lopsided at all, in fact it's fantastic. I like the fabric, it looks so crisp and exactly the right colour. You'd make a cute Jupiter :3

Unread 12-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #6608
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

Steffi: Wonderful job! <3 It came together so so so wonderfully!

Lydia: Good luck with your costume! The bow looks really nice and crisp!!
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #6609
Prissi

Guys... I caved and bought trim for my ESM Myu Moon. >_______>;; Or should I say, I caved and asked for it as a Christmas present.
There are so many things I wanna fix (like the collar) and I hadn't even done 100% on it yet.
Unread 12-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #6610
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I did some work on my Super Sailor Moon costume this week. I found it to be surprising easy. xD
All that's left is the bow the collars and the broaches and another belt. The wig is also only half done. xD

It turned out a lot shorter than I wanted it.. xD
Thoughts?
Unread 12-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #6611
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post
Guys... I caved and bought trim for my ESM Myu Moon. >_______>;; Or should I say, I caved and asked for it as a Christmas present.
There are so many things I wanna fix (like the collar) and I hadn't even done 100% on it yet.
Good for you! Mine needs fixing up, may think about making my skirt tiers a tad bit shorter and putting in thicker horsehair braid.. May need to fix up my collar by making it stand up better..

Also, I may sound like a pain in the backside for saying so, but are you still selling your wig, I need a blondish-yellowish one for my Super Sailor Moon. If not, not to worry, I have a back-up plan.

Unread 12-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #6612
Prissi

ichigo: looking great!!

Steffi: Sorry, I sold it already (it may have been for the best, because shipping turned out to be no joke, $32, to Canada) I want to fix the collar on mine too... I'm like debating if the interfacing i used was way too thick, and I'm really undecided on how I like the shape of them >_<

little things in my way right now -- I can't find thin clear plastic headbands, working with the super light clay I bought is hard for making the feathers on the headband... I haven't summoned the courage to work on my new wig (I'm going to follow Envel's tutorial to make it smaller to fit on my head)

Last edited by Prissi : 12-22-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Unread 12-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #6613
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post
ichigo: looking great!!

Steffi: Sorry, I sold it already (it may have been for the best, because shipping turned out to be no joke, $32, to Canada) I want to fix the collar on mine too... I'm like debating if the interfacing i used was way too thick, and I'm really undecided on how I like the shape of them >_<

little things in my way right now -- I can't find thin clear plastic headbands, working with the super light clay I bought is hard for making the feathers on the headband... I haven't summoned the courage to work on my new wig (I'm going to follow Envel's tutorial to make it smaller to fit on my head)
Ah that's okay!<3

I've got a spare clear headband somewhere I used for Myu Moon, it's not thin, but it's not majorely thick either.

Unread 12-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #6614
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

My cousins have forced me to watch Sailor Moon for the first time this week, and I absolutely love it. I want to cosplay Neptune eventually and some of the villains as well (weirdly enough, character I was drawn to right away to cosplay was Zoisite XD)
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #6615
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Welcome aboard! This is great timing actually for you to be introduced, there's a new anime coming in the summer of 2013! I look forward to seeing your cosplay(s)!

The sewing bug has bitten me again, as I'm refitting S Saturn (only need to make a new, better hiproll and reinforce the shoulder wings) more and more I'm itching to make a whole new leotard for Super Saturn. I have enough purple and burgundy sateen left over to make the altered glove bands, collar, choker, and back bow (everything else is obviously interchangeable), and the only pattern altering required for the leotard would be making the Super form sleeves, but I seriously do not have enough cons to wear everything to. XD

I'm also growing more and more grateful for Sakuracon's kimono dressing room. I've at least furiously practiced dressing in Hotaru's furisode enough that I'm happy with how clean and crisp it's coming out, but even with an obi tying aid called a biyosugata, getting the obi on is just too exhausting with my terrible health. I'll probably end up going to that booth and asking for assistance, I have all the necessary materials (the obi itself, obi makura, obi ita, obi age, fancy furisode obijime, and a bunch of temporary ties), just not enough skill and strength. XD I am otherwise very excited to finally wear it and get decent photos. Yay for combining hobbies!
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote