Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #76
Riia
Rii-Chan

Just posted this in the Ikki forums too.

Would any one be interested in putting together a FF panel/photoshoot kinda thing. A place where all FF fans and cosplayers can just meet up and talk about FF and take pictures with the cosplayers and stuff like that.
There is always one at ever con I go to and was just wondering if this was going to happen this year at Ikki.
I wouldn't know how to go about starting or hosting a panel seeing as how I am kinda shy
>.>
Any help?

--------------------------------

Next Convention
San Japan 2014
Riia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #77
mechaboy07
mechaboy07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riia View Post
Just posted this in the Ikki forums too.

Would any one be interested in putting together a FF panel/photoshoot kinda thing. A place where all FF fans and cosplayers can just meet up and talk about FF and take pictures with the cosplayers and stuff like that.
There is always one at ever con I go to and was just wondering if this was going to happen this year at Ikki.
I wouldn't know how to go about starting or hosting a panel seeing as how I am kinda shy
>.>
Any help?
I'm sure many people will be interested. I'd recommend just making an event and posting it on facebook and ikkicon forum. But I would totally love to take pictures and do some video shooting with you guys
mechaboy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #78
Zaiten

It doesn't have to be anything official, though it would be easier to pick a spot with a map of the place. Perhaps keep it simple and say any and all Final Fantasy cosplayers meet up in the lobby area at whatever time on whichever day? Then find a suitable spot based on the weather and what's available.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #79
Riia
Rii-Chan

Well I would like the meeting to be shown on the scheduled so the FF cosplayers and fans who don't use the forums can see it on the scheduled and know about it too.

Next Convention
San Japan 2014
Unread 12-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #80
Zaiten

It might be a little too late for that, then again they don't have any type of schedule up yet, so I don't know. Guess I'm still used to the old way of doing things all unoffical.. all though it did lead to good times yelling across crowds to get people's attention.. "Hey, hey CLOUD. There's a photoshoot!"

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 12-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #81
mechaboy07
mechaboy07

Quote:
Well I would like the meeting to be shown on the scheduled so the FF cosplayers and fans who don't use the forums can see it on the scheduled and know about it too.
Zaiten is right...at this point I think the panel scheduling is closing. Right now is a good time to make the event and spread it on the forum and facebook. I have a friend who is really popular among the photo shoots/meet ups. If you make an event I'll forward it to her.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/xwhite...f_t=note_reply

You may not get a lot of responses on the forum's but a lot of the time word gets spread during the convention and a meet up becomes a lot bigger.
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #82
Zaiten

Someone said I'm right, quick, everyone, it's a sign of the end of the world!

Kidding aside, I'll make sure to spread the word when I get there. Debating on which cosplay I love more, I may be Aerith for two days. Everyone either loves her or hates her! =D

Progress wise, I'm getting there. Annoying parts like patterning are almost done. Today will be a sewing day for Marth's tunic and Aerith's jacket v2.0. Then all that's left are Aerith's dress and Marth's cape plus some accessories. I can't wait to have them done and to be down in Austin!

Also, this talk of photoshoots is reminding me, I'm not professional or anything even close... but I always bring my cute little camera! If anyone wants a picture, just ask. :3 I know I've come home from a con without a single picture to post of myself or I can't find any that where taken and I'm sad. So please abuse my camera!

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 12-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #83
Riia
Rii-Chan

LMAO!

Yeah, I just need to get over my shyness and talk to people to let them know about it.
And thanks Zaiten for spreading the word lol
I still don't know where this meet up would be though >.>

Next Convention
San Japan 2014
Unread 12-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #84
mechaboy07
mechaboy07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
Also, this talk of photoshoots is reminding me, I'm not professional or anything even close... but I always bring my cute little camera! If anyone wants a picture, just ask. :3 I know I've come home from a con without a single picture to post of myself or I can't find any that where taken and I'm sad. So please abuse my camera!
Other than taking photos at the meet ups at Ikkicon I'll be doing photoshoots if anyone wants to have a session with me. I'm not a pro or anything but I do love photography. So if you want to have solo pictures or pictures with a specific group of people, I'm all for taking them.
Unread 12-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #85
Viverra
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaboy07 View Post
Other than taking photos at the meet ups at Ikkicon I'll be doing photoshoots if anyone wants to have a session with me. I'm not a pro or anything but I do love photography. So if you want to have solo pictures or pictures with a specific group of people, I'm all for taking them.
I remember you from Afest (: We'll have a small Mass Effect group and you're welcome to join us for pictures. Hilarity will ensue.
Pyrrha - RWBY

Planned Cosplays
Gamora - Guardians of the Galaxy (with the fiancee as Star Lord)

Next Cons
Comicpalooza
A-kon
SDCC
Viverra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #86
Zaiten

Quote:
LMAO!

Yeah, I just need to get over my shyness and talk to people to let them know about it.
And thanks Zaiten for spreading the word lol
I still don't know where this meet up would be though >.>
How about the lobby, Saturday, at 3PM? We can then move from the lobby elsewhere and it gives us time Friday to find suitable locations?

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 12-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #87
mechaboy07
mechaboy07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viverra View Post
I remember you from Afest (: We'll have a small Mass Effect group and you're welcome to join us for pictures. Hilarity will ensue.
Sounds like fun. Just tell me the place and time and I'll try to make it.
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #88
Riia
Rii-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
How about the lobby, Saturday, at 3PM? We can then move from the lobby elsewhere and it gives us time Friday to find suitable locations?
That sounds perfect! Now just to make the event on facebook.
And Zaiten! Seeing as you are more out spoken then me and a fellow FF cosplayer. It would be awesome if you helped me host this event and spread the word around!?
=D

Next Convention
San Japan 2014
Unread 12-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #89
B.O.M.
Bank of Mom

My 19 you & I will be there. We're staying at the Radisson though. I hate it when hotels charge you a deposit or I'd have gotten our reservations at the con hotel.

Here's the info on the Kuro shoot:

All ages photoshoot/Tea party: Friday 2pm meet in the main lobby then we will move to location.

Fanservice shoot ages 14 and up: Friday 11pm meet in the main lobby.

Kayle (IntoxicatedPeng) - Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji), Yuki Onna (Nurarihyon no Mago), 8th Doctor (Doctor Who), Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater), Lucy (Fairy Tail) - Also attending Gallifrey One 25
Mara - Lulu (FFX), adult Nel (Bleach), Hagoromo Gitsune (Nurarihyon no Mago) WITH Baby Moogle, Trystan
Me - Mary Poppins, The Woman (Doctor Who, The End of Time), Sibylline Sisterhood (Doctor Who)

Photos
DA
Blog
B.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #90
Zaiten

Quote:
That sounds perfect! Now just to make the event on facebook.
And Zaiten! Seeing as you are more out spoken then me and a fellow FF cosplayer. It would be awesome if you helped me host this event and spread the word around!?
=D
I sure can! I'll give you my number later so we can easily find each other there and we can scout out some good photo locations and make a great meet up!

Speaking of Final Fantasy, Aerith is coming along nicely. The dress is almost done, sans buttons and a few hems, and all that will be left then is my v2.0 jacket. Super excited to see how much better it all looks from my old one years ago. Oh, I almost forgot about the bracelet/bangles. Haha, glad I reminded myself.

Proud Texas Cosplayer