Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #4861
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicè- View Post
Maybe unpopular opinion:

I understand why everyone's upset about that school shooting that just happened. But I wish people would stop focusing on how much of a 'dick' the guy was.

Seriously, he was mentally ill. There was something very VERY wrong with him. Something that no one caught or cared about. He had a mental breakdown and snapped. What upsets me is that his breakdown was compleatly preventable had he gotten the help he needed.

You can feel for the victims and pray for their families exc, but I wish people would focus a little bit on bring attention to mental illness. This would be a perfect time to try and combat the stigma against things like depression and bring to light the fact that things like this ARE treatable, school shootings ARE preventable, and no one should ever feel backed into a corner enough that they shoot a school full of children.

/A tad sleep deprived, so if you could make sense of this then you're fantastic.
^exactly the media likes to put a sigma on everything

Unread 12-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #4862
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Thank you amazon for approving my credit application. However, I'd love to know my limit so I can know if I can buy myself a Christmas gift...
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #4863
SeriousTyro

Making chicken dip and the recipe calls for Old Bay seasoning. Couldn't find it at VONS/Safeway >=|. Decided to make my own version of Old Bay, combining two recipes with whatever ingredients I had.
SeriousTyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #4864
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Lately, I've been tempted to cosplay Jane Porter. So I decided to get the movie, Tarzan. For some odd reason Disney has released it on blu-ray in many countries in Europe but not in the US. What the hell, Disney!

Tokyo in Tulsa: Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - fem!Haru Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!France (Hetalia)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #4865
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
I'm sure it all adds up in the end.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #4866
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Dealing with a stomach virus/flu for the past week is a such a pain in the ass. LITERALLY!

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 02:56 AM   #4867
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

I was really, really hoping for a birthday party (and I do not mean going to the bar during the hockey game because some people declined and ended up showing up anyway [just for the hockey game last year]). I've never had one and pointed this out. I've been to them and I've seen many of them having been a hostess and a server and it always saddened me because I've never experienced it. I told my friends about my birthday early November and requested a birthday party. I thought it was a reasonable request.

I thought that when Zach said that he gave my birthday list away meant that they were planning a birthday party. And I THOUGHT that it was suspicious that everyone had something to do or was going out of town. But no. It didn't eve have to be exactly on my birthday, but my birthday was conveniently on a Saturday. For the past almost two years I have planned most of everyone's birthdays. I have given gifts when I am able to or text or message and so on. On holidays such at 4th of July or Cinco de Mayo and what have you, we usually have cook outs in which I send out the invites for and sometimes prepare food for and am usually grill master for. On anime nights, once in a while I'd make a group dinner or at least provide snacks, mix drinks and so on. Let's also not forget the hours I've spent making/working on and fixing their cosplays.

Yeah well, only for it to bite me back in the ass and show that not many of the people whom I consider good friends really give a fuck. I even sent out a mass text and ASKED my own friends about a birthday party. Seriously, even my friend Beth (who is in Japan for the JET program) had suggested it to our friends. She said that our friends were pretty unreliable and lazy and I knew this but I never expected them to be this thoughtless and careless.

Out of our immediate friends, Phil and P gifted me and spent the first few moments of my birthday with me (and Bree bought my movie ticket ahead of time). Phil even joined my boyfriend and me for dinner and provided me with an awesomely delicious cake in which I gave a huge slice to our server (so I did in fact enjoy some parts of the day and can't be thankful enough for them). Whereas the others (except Randy) didn't even bother to text me or post on my facebook page saying happy birthday. One of them even told me before hand that my birthday was too close to the holidays. NO IT'S NOT. It's in the middle of December, usually during finals week (in which case my immediate friends are no longer in college), and a good week before most people start taking off work or heading out of town for the holidays. He even suggested that we'd throw a party in January. I'm sorry but no. That's way after my birthday and Zach's birthday is in January. It's his day (and everyone else has their birthdays to follow relatively soon). Mine passed. I gave everyone a heads up way ahead of time. !@#$ you. It's not like I wanted to go to the bar or have some giant celebration at a restaurant. I would've been fine with a gathering of what I though were good friends with a few movies and stuff at home.

I'm not saying I expect kindness to be returned every time I do something nice, most of the time I do do it because I am a nice person, but this is where I draw the line. I'm sorry if it doesn't seem to show some times and I know that I can be a bitch but this is one of the reasons why. For the past 25 years, my birthday never fails to show me who my true friends are. I gets my hopes up and cry every year. And, even with what I've written, I cannot even begin to describe how terribly hurt I've felt. It meant a lot to me.

Last edited by Mykaios : 12-16-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 02:58 AM   #4868
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
not really

i lived in new milford and newtown as a kid.

he was just quiet, but when he did talk, he was a realnice kid

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #4869
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

So I made this plushie for someone who commissioned me, I finish it and send it to be picked up at a mutual friends house. Mutual friend tells me he changed his mind and doesn't want it. I wasted time and money and resources making it. Fuck everything.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #4870
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Uploading some Youtube videos, and damn is my internet uploading slowly There's no way I'll finish today, but I have about 20 videos, and only 3 will get done today. Doesn't help that the videos are HD either...
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #4871
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

-unimportant- Apparently I am an intimidating writer. Where are the other 'advanced' writers?

-important- We're now in the process of preparing to move. On top of that, the power went out, burned up the panel to the house, and PG+E will do nothing about it. Thankfully the generator grandpa loaned us still runs the well. Thankfully our friend doesn't mind us chilling at her house to get school work done for days at a time. Thankfully we still have food and gas.

While I'm incredibly glad that we're preparing for this, I just hope we'll have a place to land. I won't go into personal details about the situation, but it's not simple, and I'm just hoping we'll be able to pull through.
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #4872
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Yea, more internet fails :/ Streaming something, and it is just soooooo laggy like at times. I think I need new internet or something
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #4873
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
I agree with this. Personally, I've never understood the extremist perspective of thinking guns should be completely banned (save for cops and things of the like). If laws were made against guns, or to make it extremely hard to get them, who would follow that law? The law-abiding citizens of course, who wouldn't be the ones posing a threat. The criminals are the ones that disregard law and would find a way to get their hands on a gun, or some weapon of the like.
Well I dunno it seems to work pretty well in the UK and lots of other countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuSpark View Post
It bothers me that ignorant people are using the tragedy in Connecticut to push political agendas. Gun control is NOT the solution, simply because guns are not the problem. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. ANYTHING can be used as a weapon and if its not guns, it's something else. Recently, a similar situation happened in Asia,where gun control is in effect, and the weapon of choice was a knife. ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is a weapon.
Yes anything is a weapon but it is easier to kill people with a gun rather than a knife.

I'm not trying to push any bullshit agenda here, I'm not using a tragedy as a flag for for my own beliefs. It's your country you do what you want to do. But be sensible, guns are at least part of the issue.

Also I hate the way these sort of disasters are always so over publicized, the media saturation of these events often leads to copy cats. I really hope nothing else happens.

http://youtu.be/PezlFNTGWv4?t=1m40s
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.

Last edited by fullbleed : 12-17-2012 at 10:25 AM.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #4874
sam vimes
A real live wire

The knife rampage in China happened several hours before the shooting in Newtown, Fullbleed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #4875
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
The knife rampage in China happened several hours before the shooting in Newtown, Fullbleed.
Shit, thanks.
Quote:
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote