Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #121
zenkid

Hey everyone I wanted ask this, does anyone know of any good ideas or tutorials into making Judal wand? Any help would be great
zenkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #122
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Joined. ^_^
Awesome to see you with us! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
Honestly you should just get any short blue wig, add some long wefts and braid them. If you buy from a US seller it will probably be better quality than the taobao wig too.
Was thinking just that! Namely the wigs from here: http://www.animestuffstore.com/blue-c-5559.html or here: http://arda-wigs.com/products/jett (Midnight Blue) could work.. You would need to stitch in your own ponytail though!

For Pisti, here's a couple resources. Even though you'll find a bunch of tumblr and pixiv artwork, they've stayed pretty true to the original design. Be careful, as the front is wide open, so I'd suggest a bodysuit underneath with the middle cut out, just to keep yourself from falling out all over the place.
http://magi.wikia.com/wiki/Pisti
http://www.zerochan.net/1098900
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #123
ycysusan2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by color page one, but just by googling "Pisti Magi" it came up with lots of pictures of her and cosplays of her.
TT I feel like its lack in official color page.
Unread 12-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #124
chibi_flora

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycysusan2001 View Post
TT I feel like its lack in official color page.
It's not solely Pisti, but you can tell what her colors are in group pictures here and here.
Unread 12-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #125
Ilafatyu
That guy

Magi cosplayers? What sorcery is this?
...Alright, no more puns.

So I've been trying to figure out how to make Judal's wig without the ponytail weighing a million pounds. Any suggestions from you fine cosplayers?

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 02:14 AM   #126
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

I would suggest using foam core and wrapping them with wig fibres instead of having it be 100% wig fibres. It'd make it much lighter! If you've seen tutorials for odangos it's basically like that, but in a ponytail.

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #127
Electro-Rabu
Moe Moe Kyunstep

Wah - hello guys. ;u; I'm a really huge fan of Magi these days and I've decided that I'm gonna cosplay Judal for AnimeNEXT and Otakon too. I've already got the wig waiting for me at home but I'd just like some different opinions.

On the pants and the shirt - is there any preferred material that you think should be used? Cotton or velvet or anything like that?

I was going for the manga look so I wanted him to look basic black, but I'm not sure if I should use something special for the fabric. ;u;

Any help would be A+ thank you!
Otakon - Yoko Littner [Gurren Lagann] | Rohan Kishibe [Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable] | Hot Pants [Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run] | Dio Brando [Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders]
Electro-Rabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #128
heaven_firings

I really like Alibaba's Colosseum look. Like more than his original outfit, WAY MORE. So yeah, looks like that's what I'll eventually be doing...

Now to determine when to actually do this.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #129
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro-Rabu View Post
Wah - hello guys. ;u; I'm a really huge fan of Magi these days and I've decided that I'm gonna cosplay Judal for AnimeNEXT and Otakon too. I've already got the wig waiting for me at home but I'd just like some different opinions.

On the pants and the shirt - is there any preferred material that you think should be used? Cotton or velvet or anything like that?

I was going for the manga look so I wanted him to look basic black, but I'm not sure if I should use something special for the fabric. ;u;

Any help would be A+ thank you!
I'm cosplaying Morgiana to Otakon! Not sure if I'll cosplay her for AnimeNext or not. I would say cotton in my opinion.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #130
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆ KEITA View Post
I would suggest using foam core and wrapping them with wig fibres instead of having it be 100% wig fibres. It'd make it much lighter! If you've seen tutorials for odangos it's basically like that, but in a ponytail.
Just string 'em up in a line? That sounds like it'd work, thanks a ton.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #131
nikkiolie

I got my Judal costume done for a photo shoot a week ago. After that I touched up the wig a bit so it is less frizzy. Here is one shot. I have another in my profile.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...81381882_n.jpg

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #132
Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiolie View Post
I got my Judal costume done for a photo shoot a week ago. After that I touched up the wig a bit so it is less frizzy. Here is one shot. I have another in my profile.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...81381882_n.jpg
Great looking Judal!
What did you use to make his jewerly???? Looks really nice!
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #133
nikkiolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
Great looking Judal!
What did you use to make his jewerly???? Looks really nice!
Thank you so much :3

The necklace is just hollow pvc pipes that I got at Home Depot and I poured gold paint on the inside. The red gem is resin with food coloring in it. They have gem molds at a craft store near me. The bracelets are just plastic bangles taped together on the inside and pained gold. I got all 20 of them from a Halloween store online for about $7

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
Unread 12-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #134
Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiolie View Post
Thank you so much :3

The necklace is just hollow pvc pipes that I got at Home Depot and I poured gold paint on the inside. The red gem is resin with food coloring in it. They have gem molds at a craft store near me. The bracelets are just plastic bangles taped together on the inside and pained gold. I got all 20 of them from a Halloween store online for about $7
Oh wow! I am glad I asked! I used pvc pipes before, but I never thought of pouring gold paint on inside, thats why I scrapped the project I used them for because I couldn't get the paint look nice, lol. And they are flexible enough to get in and out of? Or you did some sort of closure on the back? And man - plastic bangles look great - also, taping them together is probably easier than glueing - its the little, simple things that make stuff work in the end. Thanks for sharing!
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #135
nikkiolie

They are a little flexible. I have a cloth with Velcro to close them in the back. The thinner the plastic is the easier it will be to bend. If it is too thick the Velcro may not hold it shut.

As for the bangles I just used gorilla tape on the inside and it worked really well. Very sturdy. Hot glue would never hold.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14