Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #61
UmmS

I love to see everyone's costumes as well. Progress on Harpoon!Sherlock is going well. Harpoon is almost finished. Found a purple shirt (not the right color, but oh well) at Goodwill, so now I can do a purple shirt+suit Sherlock as well. And the piece de resistance, my very own John

Those who have taken your characters out to cons, were you recognized often? What kind of reception did you get? There is a BBC Sherlock panel at the Con I'm going to in a week and a half, so at least some people know/appreciate the show. I'm hoping for a little love at least.
UmmS is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #62
Mama Austria
AKA Charlemagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmS View Post
I love to see everyone's costumes as well. Progress on Harpoon!Sherlock is going well. Harpoon is almost finished. Found a purple shirt (not the right color, but oh well) at Goodwill, so now I can do a purple shirt+suit Sherlock as well. And the piece de resistance, my very own John

Those who have taken your characters out to cons, were you recognized often? What kind of reception did you get? There is a BBC Sherlock panel at the Con I'm going to in a week and a half, so at least some people know/appreciate the show. I'm hoping for a little love at least.
LOL Dat Jawn.

I was recognized a fair amount and hugged often, actually. I always acted a bit disgusted, but out of character, I would never deny a fellow fan a hug because that's just mean. XD The reception was highly positive and I enjoyed wearing it!

[b]Simon Blackquill - Ace Attorney (85%)
Chief Prosecutor Edgeworth - Ace Attorney (90%)
Tsunami - Tenchi Muyo! (100%)
Luke Skywalker 2.0 (A New Hope) - Star Wars (20%)
Mama Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #63
GlassCannon

I came in here to ogle all the Sherlock cosplays, even though I'm not working on one at the moment. You guys make my heart happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmS View Post
3. Fake blood - am going to consult with my theater friends to see what homemade blood works best, doesn't stain the skin and will last through a few days of con going
FWIW, I found that jello + unflavored gelatin works great as fake blood (my bloody cosplay here). It's thicker and darker looking than most packaged fake blood, and once dried it's completely solid, not sticky like corn syrup is, while still looking wet. I was able to walk around a con and pose with people for pictures, even use door handles and elevator buttons without leaving any fake blood behind. It comes off with a bit of soap and water (at least from skin, haven't tried to get it off of clothing), and doesn't stain the skin in any lasting way -- ie, I wore this costume less than 24 hours after washing the fake blood off, and there were no stains left on my arms or face by then. It can start to crack and peel after awhile, but only if you look up close, and that's the only downside I found.

Anyhow, if it's helpful at all, I wrote up my recipe for it here in the Tutorials section.
Samantha Winchester - Winchester Sisters (Supernatural genderswap) - 100%, adding props
Abaddon - As Time Goes By dress (Supernatural) - 90%
GlassCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #64
UmmS

First CON under my belt! Pictures in my profile of the Harpoon!Sherlock, but am still waiting for the picture of my purple shirt/hedgehog john sherlock. I'm going to take the harpoon home to my parents' house next weekend and have my dad help me make it more screen accurate. Ah, to have power tools. I never thought there would be a day I wish I had a power drill, but that day has come.

On my to buy list: http://www.villagehatshop.com/jaxon-...-hat-grey.html

I am contemplating a Not Our Division Lestrad cosplay for a con in September. Here's a wig I like, a bit longer, but I think a good color match.

http://www.ebonyline.com/fsc13884.html

Of course, who can tell what the color actually is unless they see it? I may visit actual wig shops in town so I can see it up close and personal.

Then just have to stalk Goodwill for an appropriate tshirt, find a fake donut and sturdy disposable coffee cup.
UmmS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:06 AM   #65
ThievingMagpie
Consulting Poofter

Weeelll, somehow I had not seen this thread! As my other two have had no luck, perhaps I'll cast a few lines out in these waters: There's got to be someone out there interested in some Moriarty - Moran cosplay. Any of that floating around, mmm?
ThievingMagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #66
Mama Austria
AKA Charlemagne

WELL I finally got the rest of the good photos of my Sherlock after...two months.

I post a few if anyone is interested? I don't want to be a bother.

Unread 08-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #67
ThievingMagpie
Consulting Poofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Austria View Post
WELL I finally got the rest of the good photos of my Sherlock after...two months.

I post a few if anyone is interested? I don't want to be a bother.
Ooh, yes please. <3
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #68
Mama Austria
AKA Charlemagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThievingMagpie View Post
Ooh, yes please. <3
<3 Thank you! I'll post two, since we only did two settings. Wouldn't want anyone to get bored!

Unread 08-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #69
ThievingMagpie
Consulting Poofter

Lovely! Well done, you~
Unread 09-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #70
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Just thought I'd drop by to post that I finally debuted all of my Kitty Riley cosplay (instead of just the top part that I wear for tumblr asks).

For some reason, she's so much fun to wear. I get to run up to all the Sherlocks and Johns and try to interview them and go "STRICTLY PLATONIC???". Quite fun, and most definitely infinitely more comfortable than any other cosplay (no binding, no heels, no spandex!).

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #71
patriciarakel

I would love to cosplay Molly in her Christmas dress. She's one of my favourite characters, for sure, and she just doesn't get the recognition she deserves (in AND out of universe). Plus, she looks so freakin' adorable in that whole scene. The only forseeable problem with cosplaying her would be the wig. Because of the hairline, I would probably need to get a lace-front, and those are generally out of my price range. Then there's styling her fantastic poof. It's pretty low on my cosplay plans, but it would be fun to do.
patriciarakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 03:29 AM   #72
Starfleet
All of space and time

This thread is beautiful.

A group of friends and I filmed a Sherlock/ Doctor Who crossover fan film and I got to play Sherlock. So I have a costume from that, though it was a rather quick pull-together.

I also have Molly Hooper and I'm working on Coat Irene and then I found a white dress that reminds me very much of hers.

My best friend does John sometimes(cool since we have a Sherlock-John dynamic in our friendship already), but mainly she does Moriarty. And a fantastic Moriarty at that. She has a couple different suits and she can even do the voice. We've had a lot of fun doing AU Molly and Jim scenarios.

In Progress
Fem!Bucky/Winter Soldier, Idris

Conventions
Ohayocon - January 2014
ColossalCon - June 2014
DashCon - July 2014
Starfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #73
haaku1234

Hi, popping in late to this party!
So...Coscom's wig's stopped selling the supershort in cool ash blonde. Any suggestions for John wigs at this point?
haaku1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #74
Identity-Crisis

I have such a long list of Sherlock cosplays, but I'd really like to do one of Mrs Hudson.
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #75
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Annnnnd, I have joined the Sherlocked. Great. Another Fandom to pine over. Anyway, aside from now needing a death frisbee, I have become obsessed with that wallpaper in the flat. It both garish and mezmerizing at the same time. Clearly, it needs to be in fabric form so that I may make something out of it.

Debating about going as kitty riley as hilarious fangirl for a casual cosplay. Or something along those lines just to have an excuse to buy a deerstalker hat.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote