Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Fullmetal Alchemist

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #151
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Majik View Post
I've really got to thank AndSewingisHalftheBattle for providing a lot of the base information for this cosplay. I wanted to thank you guys in person at Ohayocon and was waiting around when you guys were doing your photoshoot Saturday night. I actually waited like half and hour and left for 5 minutes and came back to find you guys had finished and were gone =/
Thanks; I'm glad you found the info useful. I'm so sorry we missed you at Ohayo! We'll be at ACEN next, so maybe we'll see you there?

Your tutorial looks great! I'll include a link to it in the first post in this thread, so others can find the patterns more easily. Thanks for drawing them up so nicely. If you don't mind, I'll also post a link to your tutorial from our own website (AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com).

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides

Last edited by AVAAntares : 02-15-2011 at 01:03 PM.
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #152
blackcat523
Rum is always the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAAntares View Post

I know blackcat used some kind of plumbing hardware for hers. I used pewter foil on ours, but since it's soft it didn't hold up well over time.
Found a copper plumbing tee (smallest they had, think it was 1/4" from Home depot. I then covered it in metallic tape that was left over from a project my dad was doing, don't know what it was called). Though my new uniform will have something a bit different now that I'm more skilled at finding oddball pieces, (thank you steampunk).

I then hot glued all the cords into it. My shoulder Empulet does have a button hole so the cord was removable from the jacket for cleaning.

2012 planned conventions: ACEN 2012
Others- Bristol Renaissance Faire- Kennosha WI, weekends Jul. 7 thru Labor day weekend

~ Even the professionals had to start out as beginners at one point~

~ooo seam ripper, I shall call him shiny and he shall be my friend~
blackcat523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 05:07 AM   #153
Panda Majik

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAAntares View Post
Thanks; I'm glad you found the info useful. I'm so sorry we missed you at Ohayo! We'll be at ACEN next, so maybe we'll see you there?

Your tutorial looks great! I'll include a link to it in the first post in this thread, so others can find the patterns more easily. Thanks for drawing them up so nicely. If you don't mind, I'll also post a link to your tutorial from our own website (AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com).
Oh I almost forgot about this thread. I certainly don't mind you posting it; in fact I'm just glad that more people will be able to find the information they need. I know I personally had some trouble finding a lot of good information on how exactly to make everything so if I can help someone else with that process then I'll be happy.

Btw the pattern I made is scaled 1:1. That means if you print it out (it'll take quite a few sheets of paper and you'll have to tape stuff together) you should have a pattern that matches the dimensions stated.

I don't think I'll be able to make it to ACen but I should be at Colossalcon, not sure if you guys are going?
Panda Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #154
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Majik View Post
I don't think I'll be able to make it to ACen but I should be at Colossalcon, not sure if you guys are going?
We're hoping to. Still trying to sort out schedules for the rest of the year, but that's a definite possibility.

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #155
Panda Majik

Hopefully I can have time to work on something for Colossalcon. It's tough to get in time for other stuff with how much work is involved with med school right now but luckily I have the next week off for spring break. Hope we can actually meet in person at Colossalcon (I've only been to Ohayocon and Colossalcon so far and not sure if I have time to be going to more).
Panda Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #156
Narnian
Secret Ninja Princess

Is the butcape knee-length or just below? Also about how wide in the panel between the two butcape flaps in the front?
Natsu (SCV)/Christa (AoT)/Tsubaki (SE)

~Con Plans~
Sakura-con 2014/Fanime 2014

Cosplay reference photos. Please do not hotlink.
Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #157
Ironhill

From what I can tell, the butt cape length should be about halfway between the tops of your boots and your knee. Also, the opening seems to be along the midline of your leg.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #158
iXeres
Travelling Boobward.

I am so grateful that resources like this exist, because otherwise I would be lost.

... Now, if anyone has a tutorial for the fur-lined 'Briggs' jacket from Brotherhood... I'll be your BFF. Honestly, I figure I could just modify the long-jacket design I used for my old Dr. Horrible labcoat, since it is pretty similar in design...

Regardless! Thanks for this, I'm going to take a shot at this. If I fail, expect a listing to show up in the commissions marketplace. >.>
Unread 05-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #159
ystarburst

Does anyone have the pattern from animeinsights previously downloaded? I used it for my Riza Jacket, but I've since gotten a new computer and no longer have the pattern. The website is down, and I'm not able to re-download it. Anyone wanna send it to me? Please?

Past Conventions
Otakon 2010
Katsucon 2010
MagFest8
Sakura Matsuri
Otakon 2009
Anime USA 2009
Anime USA 2008
ystarburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #160
Touva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ystarburst View Post
Does anyone have the pattern from animeinsights previously downloaded? I used it for my Riza Jacket, but I've since gotten a new computer and no longer have the pattern. The website is down, and I'm not able to re-download it. Anyone wanna send it to me? Please?
http://animeinsightsarchive.wordpres...stang-cosplay/

Try this link. I don't think the one on ASIHTB is working anymore because the guy moved it to an archive. If that doesn't work PM me and I'll send it to you. :3
Touva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #161
tkdhurricane

Hey,

I'm planning to make a Riza cosplay (I have a little less than a year) but I don't want to cut my hair into bangs. I have the right color for her hair, but I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get clip-in bangs. I'd prefer physical stores, if possible.

Thanks!
tkdhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote