So I'm planning on making an ebony armor set (from Skyrim), and I have a ton of questions, most not really regarding the construction and materials for it, but a few conflicts I might have:
First, I'm planning on making props other than the ebony armor itself, and one of the ideas I've been toying with is making the Umbra sword. I'm not a huge fan on any of the ebony weapons, except for the bow, and maybe the mace, so I thought Umbra, a sword I loved in both Morrowind and Oblivion. I've also thought about excluding the shield in favor of dual wielding. I'm not sure if I'm going to want to put all that work into a shield that is going to be hard to carry around. I'm also planning on making an ebony bow + quiver, those two are must haves, more important than the weapon/shield in my opinion (I have a year to make all this). So with all that background info...
1. Would it be a terrible idea to go about making an ebony armor set but not have the weapons to complete it?
2. Should I go dual wield and make another weapon, or go with the ebony shield?
3. If I go for the shield and not dual wielding, where will I put it? I'm having a quiver + bow on top of it, so my back may or may not be completely used up.
4. If I go dual wield, my first sword will be Umbra, will any other sword look horrible with it? Should I just drop the Umbra idea all together? Or maybe make both a Morrowind version of Umbra + an Oblivion version?
5. Any ideas on the boots? I can post a link to a picture of them, I've got some pretty good screenshots lined up for all the things I'll be using, but I'm mostly concerned about the bottom of the boots, maybe wear sandals, and work with that as my base/bottom to build the boots?
For the ebony armor, I'm planning on using foam, and have done extensive research, and that's the method I want to use. I'll probably do the same for the weapons, thought the bow and the quiver might be excluded from that. I have a basic idea on the materials needed, but not where I'll get them, I'm kind of lazy so I'd rather order it all online, but I'm not sure if that's entirely possible, but I'll be researching more and more in the passing days.
Thanks for your time, sorry for the wall of text, and comments, ideas, or feedback is greatly appreciated, hope to be keeping you updated on this huge project of mine