Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3121 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #61381
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Your arse has been restored?
Well its neighbour certainly has.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #61382
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
That was the part in Titanic that made me cry. Is that bad ?
Nope.
Nothing in Titanic made me cry.
I saw that movie when I was around 8-11 years old and I laughed the entire way through. I am shocked my parents didn't have me committed.

I'd say I was a 'weird child' but I am still weird and mostly a child so..

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that I've used up my quota for complaining about other people's posts until at least until the end of the year so I'm just going to default to cute animals and dick jokes.

Kitty what are you doing in there? Water isn't fun for kitties.
Quote:
Oh, and if we needed any more proof that marriage equality is a beautiful thing that benefits us all - here it is.
I totally thought this was going to be something really thoughtful and emotional. So I feel really bad that I just started laughing.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #61383
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Oh, and if we needed any more proof that marriage equality is a beautiful thing that benefits us all - here it is.
Do you know I read through the whole thing before I put it together? Pastor Tingler was a nice touch, too. Heh heh, touch.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
...I think that was many, many times more than I needed to know.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #61384
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that I've used up my quota for complaining about other people's posts until at least until the end of the year so I'm just going to default to cute animals and dick jokes.

I'm all for marriage equality, and it may be the office PC's monitor, but are those purple suits with yellow dress shirts? That color scheme usually results in being punched by Batman. EDIT: ALSO HOORAY, DICK JOKES!

Cat in bucket is cute, and reminds me of our new kitty's exploration of our shower. Pixel will learn that sticking her face in the shower will also result in her getting wet eventually.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #61385
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
EDIT:

...I think that was many, many times more than I needed to know.
You didn't need to know that I felt as if I were without my legs without my computer?

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #61386
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Your chair has been restored?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Nothing in Titanic made me cry.
I liked the part where the boat sank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I totally thought this was going to be something really thoughtful and emotional.
It is thoughtful and emotional. The modernization of a social institution corrects a civil rights injustice and furthers our opportunities for making dick jokes. I weep with joy. But seriously, I wish them all the happiness, to have and to *ahem* hold, from this day forward.

Quote:
Do you know I read through the whole thing before I put it together? Pastor Tingler was a nice touch, too. Heh heh, touch.
That's because you are a nice person who spends more time thinks about weddings than you do thinking about dick jokes. Nice pick-up on the pastor's name though. I hadn't even noticed! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I'm all for marriage equality, and it may be the office PC's monitor, but are those purple suits with yellow dress shirts? That color scheme usually results in being punched by Batman.
The suits look blue to me, but the ties and handkerchiefs look purple.

Quote:
Cat in bucket is cute, and reminds me of our new kitty's exploration of our shower. Pixel will learn that sticking her face in the shower will also result in her getting wet eventually.
Pics or it didn't happen.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #61387
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
I'm all for marriage equality, and it may be the office PC's monitor, but are those purple suits with yellow dress shirts? That color scheme usually results in being punched by Batman.
I believe they're gray suits with gold waistcoats and purple ties, but honestly if they'd been wearing purple suits I would have loved it 1,000 times more.

Quote:
You didn't need to know that I felt as if I were without my legs without my computer?
Legs. Right. LEGS. That's what you were talking about.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 12-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #61388
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
I liked the part where the boat sank.

It is thoughtful and emotional. The modernization of a social institution corrects a civil rights injustice and furthers our opportunities for making dick jokes. I weep with joy. But seriously, I wish them all the happiness, to have and to *ahem* hold, from this day forward.
During the end scene in which one half of the ship was turning vertically upwards and people where just falling from the deck I started laughing hysterically. For some reason it just looked really funny to me.

I was a horrible child.

You know we're grown ups when the topic of gay marriage involves dick jokes.

So another goon went out and wrote this list to other ladies telling them what to do and how to dress at conventions so they don't get raped.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #61389
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:

The suits look blue to me, but the ties and handkerchiefs look purple.

Pics or it didn't happen.
Quote:
I believe they're gray suits with gold waistcoats and purple ties, but honestly if they'd been wearing purple suits I would have loved it 1,000 times more.

Hag says Blue, PD said Grey, so they must be purple. That's how it goes right? Sure, why not.

Again, I'm at work, where the PC is 100% cat-photo (well at least my cat) free, and Facebook/Twitter access is block (pats iphone). If I knew how to actually attach images to posts it would be great. LEARN ME HOW COS COM.

Pixel is a great kitty though. A bit derpy, super curious and very playful. She's recently discovered that our laps are super comfty and is becoming a fan. She's also eaten zero action figures so far, which I'm a fan of.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 12-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #61390
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Nothing like trying to replace my shower head only to find out that the guys who fixed it a few months ago fucked it up and it needs to be fixed AGAIN.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #61391
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I am a day late in getting back to our Early Intervention coordinator with the evaluator I'd like for Little Dude. I actually haven't chosen one; I looked through several names that seemed promising, found websites for some but couldn't find reviews or other information for any of them, and basically was going to pick one based on whose website I liked best. One organization on the list is a place I actually worked for, and my mother knows someone high up in the business who could probably help us out. The thing is, they focus on children with neurological issues, and LD hasn't officially been diagnosed with anything. Cerebral palsy was mentioned, but I don't have the results from the EEG yet, and I'm not sure how I feel about selecting an evaluator that focuses on neurological developmental delays and disabilities when our child might not actually have one. He likely needs physical therapy for his walking, but maybe I should select an organization that's more general in its services.

I called the coordinator to see if I could ask her for some guidance, but no one picked up at the number she gave me and it's not letting me leave a message.

Crumbs. I really don't want this hanging over my head until after Christmas. Our window in which to set up and perform the evaluation is brief and I have too much to worry about this weekend without this on top of it.
Unread 12-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #61392
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I am sorry your having a tough time Penny, and it certainly doesn't sound like a pleasant thing to have hanging around your heads especially during the Holidays. Is Little Dude doing well? I hope everything gets sorted out soon and you guy's have a nice Holiday.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #61393
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Wishing the best for Little Dude. <3 And LD's awesome parents too.
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #61394
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I ordered the Marvel vs Capcom complete works artbook yesterday and signed up for the free month of super saver stuff through Amazon so I got free 2 day shipping. I got a text from them today that my package should arrive TODAY before 8pm. Sweet.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #61395
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I am a day late in getting back to our Early Intervention coordinator with the evaluator I'd like for Little Dude. I actually haven't chosen one; I looked through several names that seemed promising, found websites for some but couldn't find reviews or other information for any of them, and basically was going to pick one based on whose website I liked best. One organization on the list is a place I actually worked for, and my mother knows someone high up in the business who could probably help us out. The thing is, they focus on children with neurological issues, and LD hasn't officially been diagnosed with anything. Cerebral palsy was mentioned, but I don't have the results from the EEG yet, and I'm not sure how I feel about selecting an evaluator that focuses on neurological developmental delays and disabilities when our child might not actually have one. He likely needs physical therapy for his walking, but maybe I should select an organization that's more general in its services.

I called the coordinator to see if I could ask her for some guidance, but no one picked up at the number she gave me and it's not letting me leave a message.

Crumbs. I really don't want this hanging over my head until after Christmas. Our window in which to set up and perform the evaluation is brief and I have too much to worry about this weekend without this on top of it.
Yikes.

That being said, this is something you may want to discuss with some of the goons we'll be seeing tomorrow. As much as I shit on my sister-in-law, she may have some solid advice to give on that front. Failing that, Lauren and Brian seem like folk who are smarter than me/better at giving advice in regards to this sort of thing.

Also best of luck to you 2, Little dude, and I am PUMPED to see you both tomorrow