Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 265 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 12-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #56296
Sailor Moon
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
I'm not sure whether to Glomp my cousin when I see her tomorrow or yell at her for making me watch Sailor Moon. I'm finally getting the childhood I was depraved of and I can't stop watching!
It's like crack isn't it? XD I dk if this will help or not, but it gets better and better with each season you watch, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaKidd View Post
Eep! o><o thank you!

It's tempting for me as well, especially since I'm trying to lose a little weight and tone up--yay motivation! The next con I'm going to, Conbust at Smith, is great because it is focused around women in the anime/sci-fi/fantasy/nerdy communities, but also means that Yoko might not be well received. >< Perhaps it will be on my list for a later con.
You're welcome ^_^

Hey, that works, double motivation! Lol. Aww, why wouldn't Yoko be received well? I think that falls into the category, lol.

Quote:
Daily semi-amusing story:

So after my cousin Kelsey sat me down and had me watch Sailor Moon, it’s become a running gag with her and a few of my friends that whenever anyone says “Tuxedo Mask” around me, I hold fake roses in my teeth and strike a pose XD

My friend Su had me do it at lunch. It wasn’t until I was already clenching flowers in my teeth with my foot up on the table like an idiot that I noticed our school principal behind me with a complete expression of “I’m never walking by this table again, this is where the crazies sit.” XD

Said friend is making me come dressed as Tuxedo Mask when I go over to her house next week just so I can do this.
LOL that's great!

For the bold section ~ PICTURES or it didn't happen =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsuneheart View Post
lol, just wait until you get to the Sailor Stars arc of Sailor Moon. xD
My thoughts EXACTLY.

On another note ... My Eva costume is coming along nicely > I'm just sad about one thing ... her ridiculously designed top is totally unrealisitc ... freaking anime girls and not having nipples, what is this?! It's making it totally impossible for me to make my top like hers cuz of my freaking boobs, so I'm having to alter it quite a bit >_> I hope it still looks ok.

Upcoming Conventions

A-kon
Friday: Manga Sailor Moon Saturday: Eva (Record of Agarest War 2) Sunday: Pink Fujiko (Lupin III)

AnimeFEST
Friday: Eva (Record of Agarest War 2) Saturday: Manga Sailor Moon
Sunday: Nico Robin (One Piece) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

Dallas Comic-con Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sailor Moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #56297
riotousrhythm

My Irisviel wig came today, it's absolutely lovely x3 I've resisted the urge to prance about in public in it.
riotousrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #56298
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsuneheart View Post
lol, just wait until you get to the Sailor Stars arc of Sailor Moon. xD
I'm only on the first season (Zoisite is the character I'm referring to actually) But I have been warned in advance about the gender changey people XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
It's like crack isn't it? XD I dk if this will help or not, but it gets better and better with each season you watch, lol.

LOL that's great!

For the bold section ~ PICTURES or it didn't happen =P
Yes, it is like crack XD crack that is gonna drain my wallet and cause a massive shift of priorities in my cosplay list XD

And we've already planned to get pictures. Granted the only mask I have right now if green and feathery, but my friend and I agreed it's a stand-in for the time being XD
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 12-21-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #56299
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Bought some PVC pipe parts for my Colonial Marine shoulder lamp
Awarded the Cosplay.com Congressional Medal of Troll Smashing - because you, with copious amounts of sarcasm and sense, had viciously battled the troll known as Proud Asian since the beginnings of the thread created on Thursday, June 14th, 2012. While the troll known as Proud may not be truly smashed, many other trolls would surely have been felled by your wit!

Awarded by the user Reily96
C0rvu51nku8a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #56300
kitsuneheart

Quote:
I'm only on the first season (Zoisite is the character I'm referring to actually) But I have been warned in advance about the gender changey people XD

Yes, it is like crack XD crack that is gonna drain my wallet and cause a massive shift of priorities in my cosplay list XD

And we've already planned to get pictures. Granted the only mask I have right now if green and feathery, but my friend and I agreed it's a stand-in for the time being XD
You'll love the arc with Helios in it I think. That was my favorite actually. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up wanting to cosplay him as well. lol Best of all, the new Sailor Moon anime comes out in less then a year! Although they really better get it right; otherwise they're going to have a mass of very unhappy fans.

Speaking of which, I really hope they release some SM'13 images soon. I'm dying to finish my Princess Serenity dress but, I really want to see if they change any of the details first. Just in case I want to do that before one of her older dresses. I have everything done except adding a layer to her skirt and the bodice detailing. =/
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #56301
touchmon
Make All The Things!

So I-con got postponed. T_T Dang it. I was so looking forward to that con. I had plans for it! I was going to have a Magi group! Very sad right now. Now I have to rearrange my cosplay schedule for the rest of the cons I'm going to for next year.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #56302
bana

I really want to sell my Madoka cosplay seeing as I don't like wearing a cutesy type costume. :c
Unread 12-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #56303
ThievingMagpie
Consulting Poofter

When you're hunting for cosplay partners/groups online, pretty much all roads lead back here. But getting views and replies on your thread is like pulling teeth. I KNOW there are more cosplayers than that floating around.
ThievingMagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #56304
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

My friend and I have agreed that yes, Sailor Moon is like crack. It's highly addictive, dominates your life, messes with your feelings and steals all your money (in the form of OMGMUSTCOSPLAY.) Ergo, Sailor Moon is crack.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #56305
Sailor Moon
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
...Yes, it is like crack XD crack that is gonna drain my wallet and cause a massive shift of priorities in my cosplay list XD

You're preaching to the choir here, to date, I've spent over $5k on all of my Sailor Moon stuff, not including my 15+ Sailor Moon costumes XD And of course, I always put my SM costumes first, but I've FINALLY finished them all, so I can start focusing on other costumes XD

Can't wait to see the pics =P

Upcoming Conventions

A-kon
Friday: Manga Sailor Moon Saturday: Eva (Record of Agarest War 2) Sunday: Pink Fujiko (Lupin III)

AnimeFEST

Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

Unread 12-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #56306
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

i had one of those moments where you randomly buy a piece of clothing and then you discover it could work for a new cosplay.
Unread 12-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #56307
Sailor Moon
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
i had one of those moments where you randomly buy a piece of clothing and then you discover it could work for a new cosplay.
I love when that happens XD

Upcoming Conventions

A-kon

AnimeFEST

Unread 12-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #56308
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
I love when that happens XD
SECONDED!!

Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #56309
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ow, my fingers are fucking killing me from eight hours of handstitching heavy pleather. K, time to buy a teflon foot. But my Quorra armour is actually looking somewhat decent. Though I highly doubt I'll get a workmanship award on the torso armour.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #56310
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

So I got my Ririchiyo wig the other day and while it's pretty much perfect..it's a tangle monster. Now it isn't actually detangling it that's making me consider postponing the costume. It's the fact that EVERY TIME when I am almost done detangling it, whatever is supporting it to stay where I can detangle it (since the back weighs it down a lot) gives out, the wig falls on me, and any work I had done is erased and essentially doubled since it tangles A TON when it falls.
What setups do you guys use to prevent this? ;.; Because what I have to do since I have nowhere it could hang up is put it on something like a desk and just use something to weigh down the front of the wig head it's on. I know I could check it every now and then and adjust it, but it still does it.
Also, since I'm in love with her design, I'd love to do Rikka from Chunibyo if I do postpone Ririchiyo..it's seeming more like the logical thing to do since I don't know anyone else in the area that's cosplaying Inu x Boku soon. OTL I just don't know what to do since I love Ririchiyo's character so much. I'm considering trying it on to see if tangling is REALLY OBVIOUS and if not, just brush out what I can and leaving it tangled in places until I come up with a better solution.
It's time for my pre-holiday stressing, guys.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote