Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Doctor Who

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 11-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #2446
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Clockwork: Arda Wigs' Hansel would probably work really well. Just needs some trimming on the sides and back. Spanish Brown would probably be the best color. I've seriously considered buying it to replace mine, but I've decided to try to make mine work.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #2447
Arlette
Let it Go

Hey guys! Never posted here before, but this seems to be the place for sharing info and whatnot! I just recently put together a Rose costume for Halloween and I don't really feel like sharing it in my main gallery, but I'd love feedback so I thought I'd post here.

Basically, the jacket was the closest I could get on short notice and had fur on the hood which I removed. My hubby is Ten but we already know he's super inaccurate, since this was just for a Halloween party and his schedule has been crazy. XD We hope to put this together in the future and be more legit. Oh, and the K-9 "costume" for our dog was made the day of the party, too. XD

Does anyone have any wig suggestions for Ten that run a little bit bigger in the cap? My husband has a hard time with wigs because they're inevitably too small for him, and I know he would love one for future Doctor Who-ness.

Thanks in advance!

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #2448
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

When they get this wig in the Chestnut color again, it's your best bet for minimal styling and a good price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Short-Spikey...item336f822350

After much searching, it's what I used. Anyone who's doing Ten, though, will want to get a brown beard and cut sideburns from it.

This wig isn't HUGE in the cap. I'm not sure whether it would fit my husband who has an inordinately big head, but it's big on me if I don't tighten it.

But seriously, they've had it out of stock for about a month. I keep going back to check because I have a lot of people asking where I got my Ten wig.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #2449
Starfleet
All of space and time

Low on funds, but incredibly resourceful and very fond of Doctor Who. I've done River Song mostly, because of my mass of natural curls. But I have an Idris and an Amy Pond in the works, and I think I'd like to do a Fem Eleven at some point.

This is my very first time as River:
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...me-d4fys8m.jpg

One of the coolest shots, and a different version of her:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...me-d5a2mx0.jpg

It helps that my best friend makes a great 11th Doctor:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...me-d5bd747.jpg

In Progress
Fem!Bucky/Winter Soldier, Idris

Conventions
Ohayocon - January 2014
ColossalCon - June 2014
DashCon - July 2014
Starfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #2450
Purified Ace
Ace Pendragon

Hello. Don't think I've posted in awhile.
I once inquired about a tennant suit.

Well, I've obtained one. A magnoli, for under half price. And, quite frankly, it's fantastic. Easily the most comfortable suit I've worn.

If you'd like to check it out, try here: http://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/co...iled_his_10th/
I'll be putting an official page on Coscom soon, too.
Just wanted to thank you all for your assistance with figuring it out.

Also, just a question for ideas.
I'm being paid to impersonate the Doctor at a con for a scifi booth. We'll have a TARDIS, a K-9, and a Dalek. I'm wanting to have some extra little cannon gadgets to have maybe in my pockets or something, just laying out on display or something. Like the Timey Wimey detector, or the little adipose locator thing. Just, being rather untrained in the arts of making things, I'm at a loss to even atempt to start such projects. What ideas might you suggest?
Unread 12-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #2451
nekopein909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekka View Post
I'm just wondering if there are any DW cosplayers out there (I know there are, just not sure if they're on cosplay.com). 8D

I may cosplay the 4th at one point.
I cosplay as the 9th
nekopein909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #2452
nekopein909

Here's pic of 9th doctor cosplay
nekopein909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #2453
setting54

Oh no, this thread has been dead for over a month!

Anyone headed to Los Angeles in about two weeks for GallyOne?

Cosplays:
-Kitty Pryde (Ultimate)
-(secret)
-Kitty Pryde (Excalibur)
-Femme!Quicksilver (Days of Future Past)
-Scarlet Witch (Classic)
-Femme!Moriarty
setting54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #2454
mcmammajama

This is my first post on here!! Three out of four of my family went to D*C in Dr. Who costume this year. Hubby as the 10th, me as a clockwork robot and DD as a Dalek. She was a teeny tiny Amy underneath. She won a costume contest with the Dalek but the highlight for me was when we ran into John Barrowman in an elevator and he totally geeked out over her costume

Baby Amy with random fan (sorry lady, I forgot to crop you out!)

My robot wasn't perfect, but hey ho! that's what happens when you leave it a month before the con to start your whole family's costumes lol
mcmammajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #2455
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I just got my dad to take some test photos of me in my lolita genderbend of 10. I decided to see how my Ukyo wig worked with it as it was made for lolita. I'm still not sure if I should just use that one or get the typical wavy with pigtails style.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #2456
starsinthesky

This is my first year for cosplay and I'm doing a femme11! group for Doctor Who at SDCC.

I'm currently working on a costume for the 7th Doctor.
starsinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #2457
Purified Ace
Ace Pendragon

Looking good, everybody.

I finally managed to get my pics up of my Tennant cosplay shoot. There were only 5. I did think there were more, but such is life. There will be more very soon.
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #2458
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I'm in this contest with the Ten that I made, so if you get a chance to vote, please do. You can vote once a day.

http://bit.ly/VSK3HH

Here's the costume so you know why you're clicking.

Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #2459
SailorYuna

So I finally finished my fem!11 cosplay ^^ It was fine before but I now have a real bowtie, suspenders, and a fez
[Link]
I'd really love to do 10 as well, but I've yet to come across the right suit :/
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #2460
MinaUchiha2
Cosplay not in a can

Finished my TARDIS ballgown a little while ago but forgot to post it. Plus the first time I wore it I managed to leave my hat at home the first time I wore it... Silly me! But I wore it completed at Ichibancon and had a blast!
http://missmina2.deviantart.com/art/...RDIS-358469963

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MinaUchiha2 is offline   Reply With Quote