Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 12-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Wolf&Needles

Rise of the Guardians

Calling all Guardians!
Just wondering if there will be any ROTG cosplayers this year. I will be cosplaying Tooth and I bet there will be a couple of Jack Frosts so maybe a photoshoot or meetup could be arranged. I'd love to know if anybody is interested.

Don't forget to brush,
Tooth
Wolf&Needles is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
joystersm

I'm working my hardest to get a Jack Frost cosplay finished (couldn't resist;; ) I'd love a photoshoot!
joystersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
Banane
Samletbird

I will be wearing Pitch all day Saturday. Come find me. >;]
Banane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
StaciaStarburst

I'll be cosplaying Jack Frost, and my friend will be my female counterpart. c: Hoping for a good photoshoot. c:

Current Projects: Jack Frost
Upcoming Events: Katsucon, Youmacon
Have Attended:Otakon[x2], Katsucon, & AnimeNEXT
StaciaStarburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
Wolf&Needles

Hello everyone. I'm glad to see some people are interested in a photo-shoot, so I was thinking we could have it on Saturday. Sadly, a lot of the photo-shoots happen in the afternoon, so if we wanted the gazebo it would have to be early (like around 11 am). On the other hand if we have it in the afternoon, it would have to be in an unpopulated place because everywhere else will be crowded.

Let me know on feedback.

Tooth
Unread 12-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
Banane
Samletbird

I am cool with the photoshoot being wherever, there's just no guarantee I'll be ready by 11. XD I tend to take a while to get into cosplay.
Unread 12-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Wolf&Needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banane View Post
I am cool with the photoshoot being wherever, there's just no guarantee I'll be ready by 11. XD I tend to take a while to get into cosplay.
Yea, now that I think about it 11 is a little early. It will probaly take me a while to get into Tooth anyway. So I guess we'll have to keep thinking about a time.
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
StaciaStarburst

Anytime saturday is fine, but what if we did an evening shoot since everything is lit up? Someone with a nice camera could probably make the lighting work to our advantage.
Mayhaps?

Current Projects: Jack Frost
Upcoming Events: Katsucon, Youmacon
Have Attended:Otakon[x2], Katsucon, & AnimeNEXT
StaciaStarburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #9
Wolf&Needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaciaStarburst View Post
Anytime saturday is fine, but what if we did an evening shoot since everything is lit up? Someone with a nice camera could probably make the lighting work to our advantage.
Mayhaps?
That sounds cool, I like that idea. If we did an evening shoot, what time should it be, around 6 or later? (I can't remember when they turn the lights on). Maybe I can talk to my friend and see if she will be our photographer.
Unread 12-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
joystersm

What about a late afternoon photoshoot? Then there would possibly be the sunset but we don't have to worry about anyone having a nice camera that will take nice photos in low light situations. I don't have a problem with an evening shoot but I know that my camera would be practically useless without daylight.
Unread 12-24-2012, 03:07 AM   #11
Wolf&Needles

Hello Everyone,
So I spoke to my friend and this is what she replied:
"They turn on the lights at like 6 or 6:30, when it gets dark. Natural sunlight works best, tho, even with a fancy camera like mine. If you are planning to do it outside, then it would probs be best in the afternoon hours as opposed to the evening, assuming that it will be cold. Sunset-ish time would be good for an outside shoot, or even for inside. Gazebo is pretty, but always so crowded. Therefore, I would suggest having it by the fountain, or in the "jungle" area, which would be better for a smaller/more private shoot. A good place outside would be right out the door where there's all that weird foliage, or at the pier by the harbor. I have no clue which would be best in terms of having a background characteristic of the movie cuz i haven't seen it."

Thus, with that said I guess I have a few quetions to ask: Indoor or Outdoor and Late afternoon or Eveing? Once we figure those two things out we can decide on a location. (Oh yea btw, HAPPY HOLIDAYS XD)

Last edited by Wolf&Needles : 12-25-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Unread 12-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #12
Deathberry15

I won't be cosplaying from ROTG but I really really hope I don't have anything going on at the time of this shoot. Best of luck to you guys working on those cosplays, can't wait to see the finished results!
Deathberry15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #13
Banane
Samletbird

I am pretty flexible so I don't really have a preference as to when or where, though later in the afternoon when the shadows are really long outside would be cool.
Unread 12-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #14
Wolf&Needles

What if we have it in the late afternoon (perhaps 5, or 6ish) outside near the foilage for a while (so Pitch can have his shadows and Jack can use the snow, if it does snow) and then maybe move inside to the fountain area for some other shots. (just a suggestion )
Unread 12-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
joystersm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf&Needles View Post
What if we have it in the late afternoon (perhaps 5, or 6ish) outside near the foilage for a while (so Pitch can have his shadows and Jack can use the snow, if it does snow) and then maybe move inside to the fountain area for some other shots. (just a suggestion )
Sounds good to me!