Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 12-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
peacelovepandas

Central PA Group or Photoshoot? I know you're out there!

Hey guys! It feels like there aren't a whole lot of Pennsylvania cosplayers. So, heres my questions.

What cons do you guys go to?

Who do you cosplay?

Anyone willing to for a group for a con or organize a photoshoot in your down time?

I personally go to Otakon, and I am planning on going to Katsucon and Zenkaikon this year. I a wllingnt put together groups and photoshoots, definately. I cosplay MLP, Gumi, Pandora Hearts, Jack frost from Rise of the Guardians, and Black Butler, and I am open to others too.

Anyone Else?

Unread 12-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
kendraduck09

I saw "Central PA" and immediately am thinking YES! You're right about there not being many Pennsylvania cosplayers, especially in my area. I'm also planning on going to Zenkaikon, but I'd love to go to Otakon. Zenkaikon's going to be my first convention, so I'm definitely excited for it.

I don't have many cosplays yet, but the number is starting to increase. As of right now I cosplay Xion from Kingdom Hearts, Hungary from Hetalia, and I'm planning Grell Sutcliff from Black Butler. I've never been in a group before, but I'm open to just meeting new people in general.
Maou Sadao - Demon Form (The Devil is a Part Timer!)

Planned cosplays:
Touka Kirishima (Tokyo Ghoul)
Kageyama Tobio (Haikyuu!!)
BE!Koujaku (DRAMAtical Murder)

~ Tumblr ~ Cosplay Facebook ~ List of Cosplays ~

kendraduck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

Can't get much more dead center PA than Penn State and there's an entire Penn State Anime Organization (yes, with cosplayers) that runs it's own convention, Setsucon.
Unread 12-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
peacelovepandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendraduck09 View Post
I saw "Central PA" and immediately am thinking YES! You're right about there not being many Pennsylvania cosplayers, especially in my area. I'm also planning on going to Zenkaikon, but I'd love to go to Otakon. Zenkaikon's going to be my first convention, so I'm definitely excited for it.

I don't have many cosplays yet, but the number is starting to increase. As of right now I cosplay Xion from Kingdom Hearts, Hungary from Hetalia, and I'm planning Grell Sutcliff from Black Butler. I've never been in a group before, but I'm open to just meeting new people in general.
One of my best friends is a Sora cosplayer. Otakon was my first con; There is about 7 of us from Cumberland and Perry counties that go every year ^^ Feel free to join, there aren't many of us!
Unread 12-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
peacelovepandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligoddess View Post
Can't get much more dead center PA than Penn State and there's an entire Penn State Anime Organization (yes, with cosplayers) that runs it's own convention, Setsucon.
I've heard of Setsucon! But unfortunately, I am a little bit farther south, ad I don't have people who want to join me, so I am not planning on going.
Unread 12-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
ReiliaCosplays

I'm a proud PA cosplayer! ^_^

Hello,

I love to cosplay AND I live in PA! I go to Tekkoshocon, ColossalCon, EAE, and MatsuriCon. I'm planning on going to Setsucon this January!

My current cosplays that I have ready are: Franziska von Karma, America, Romano and Juvia! I also have a Saber cosplay, but the wig is messed up, so I need to fix that! ^_^"
ReiliaCosplays is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 04:00 AM   #7
peacelovepandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiliaCosplays View Post
Hello,

I love to cosplay AND I live in PA! I go to Tekkoshocon, ColossalCon, EAE, and MatsuriCon. I'm planning on going to Setsucon this January!

My current cosplays that I have ready are: Franziska von Karma, America, Romano and Juvia! I also have a Saber cosplay, but the wig is messed up, so I need to fix that! ^_^"
Wheres Tekkoshocon? If you don't mind me asking ^^ I don' think I have heard of that one.
Unread 12-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
ChatNoir
Lubim Ta

I'm technically in Western PA, but I'll be going to Setsucon in State College and also Tekkoshocon in Pittsburgh. ^^

Rose Tyler - Doctor Who
River Song - Doctor Who
Kaylee Frye - Firefly
Fem!Sam - Supernatural
Sam Winchester - Supernatural
Fem!Sherlock - BBC Sherlock
Fem!Newt Geiszler - Pacific Rim
ChatNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!

I'm from NEPA, def will be at Katsucon, would love to do more photoshoots outside of cons, I recently purchased a Nikon d5100 and some lenses to get more pics of my(and friends coarse!) cosplays!

I'd be interested!!!!

Also throwing out there that I'll have Xerxes Break from PH (so excited for thi!) ^_^

Last edited by Lostdreamz : 12-23-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #10
peacelovepandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreamz View Post
I'm from NEPA, def will be at Katsucon, would love to do more photoshoots outside of cons, I recently purchased a Nikon d5100 and some lenses to get more pics of my(and friends coarse!) cosplays!

I'd be interested!!!!

Also throwing out there that I'll have Xerxes Break from PH (so excited for thi!) ^_^
I freaking love Break. But i am much too short to cosplay him! So I am doing Will of the Abyss and Alie instead ^^

This year will hopefully be my first year at Katsucon, as long as my mother agrees to drive me down! (Since I ca'nt right now)
Unread 12-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #11
peacelovepandas

Quote:

I'd be interested!!!!

I freaking love Break. But i am much too short to cosplay him! So I am doing Will of the Abyss and Alie instead ^^

This year will hopefully be my first year at Katsucon, as long as my mother agrees to drive me down! (Since I ca'nt right now)
Unread 12-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelovepandas View Post

Asdfg yay for more Pandora Hearts!!! I'm not very tall I'm normally 5'6", with my shoes maybe 5'7"??i love him so, he's def alot like like Fai imo XD
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 04:33 AM   #13
peacelovepandas

Quote:
Asdfg yay for more Pandora Hearts!!! I'm not very tall I'm normally 5'6", with my shoes maybe 5'7"??i love him so, he's def alot like like Fai imo XD
In my 3 inch heels that I use for many of my cosplays, I stand around 5'3" >_<
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #14
scoobysnack
Nightwing's Secret Lover

Hey guys!
I'm Rachel. I live in Pittsburgh, but go to boarding school in North Carolina.

I go to Kurikiiro, Tekkoshocon (not this year cause of school), Stellarcon (NC), Steel City Con, and Zenkaikon.

I cosplay Bane, Robin, Black Widow, Merida, and Black Canary.

I am so willing to do photoshoots and plan out group outfits. My friend is flying in for Zenkaikon and we have two sets of cosplays. Batman and Robin (or Bane, I do either one) and Robin and Raven (from Teen Titans). We are open to other cosplays as well. I can talk to her about have a ROTG group for one of the days for Zenkaikon.

Cosplay Page: facebook/RachieCosplay

"Never,ever let anyone tell you what you can and can't do. The sky's the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now. Let's dance."
~Tom Hiddleson
scoobysnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #15
scoobysnack
Nightwing's Secret Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendraduck09 View Post

I haven't cosplayed her for a while if I find the outfit I can cosplay as Olette if you guys want to do a KH group. I would like to warn you the cosplay isn't that good, it's one of my firsts.

Cosplay Page: facebook/RachieCosplay

"Never,ever let anyone tell you what you can and can't do. The sky's the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now. Let's dance."
~Tom Hiddleson
scoobysnack is offline   Reply With Quote