Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 12-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
Raven-Sama
For The Horde!

Hello from British Columbia, Canada!

Hey everyone! My name is Raven (yes, it's my real name lol) ... I'm a 28 year old cosplayer from British Columbia, Canada! (I live on Vancouver Island) ... I have been cosplaying for about almost 10 years. I'm not the best cosplayer out there, but I do it because it's super fun!
Lately I've been quite into Hetalia Cosplay, and I cosplay as Canada and England. I've also done cosplay from Gundam Wing, Naruto, Reservoir Chronicle Tsubasa, and Gravitation (although some of those cosplays were rather mediocre so I have no pictures)
I think my most favourite costume thus far is my Pirate!England cosplay which was actually designed and made by my Best Friend, who is a very talented seamstress!
I have goals to cosplay from other series, and my dream cosplay is Lina Inverse from the Slayers. I also plan to do World of Warcraft Cosplay one day!
I've actually been a part of cosplay.com for a long time but only recently have I decided to give the forums a go!
It's nice to meet you all, and I hope that I'll perhaps be able to meet some new friends on here! ^__^
Cheers!
Raven-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Welcome to cosplay.com!
Ooh, that's nice, I've always loved England in a pirate outfit <3

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
Raven-Sama
For The Horde!

Thank you ^__^
I love Pirate!England too! (Obviously lol)
Unread 12-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

You absolutely made my night for two different reasons!! 1. GUNDAM WING! 2. LINA INVERSE!
=D My very first cosplay was Duo! I am actually in the middle of making another Duo cosplay for Sakura Con. And I also dream of cosplaying as Lina someday!

But yes, welcome to cosplay.com!! I can't wait to see what other cosplays you put together!

| edward elric [fullmetal alchemist] 0% | duo maxwell [gundam wing] 50% |
| barbara gordon: batgirl [new 52] 0% | chandra nalaar [magic the gathering] 10% |

| princess ariel's pink gown [the little mermaid] (planning) |
| sir alanna of pirate's swoop and olau [the song of the lioness series] (planning) |

"you should let yourself go over the edge every once in a while & enjoy your life"
-duo maxwell-
nevershutsupkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
Raven-Sama
For The Horde!

That's awesome! Gundam Wing is so under Appreciated these days! I have plans to cosplay from it again as well. Planning on cosplaying Heero and Lady Une again (those were the two I initially cosplayed). You're planning another Duo cosplay for Sakura Con? I'll have to look for you and get a picture!! *will be attending Sakura Con as well*
Lina is awesome! She's my all time favourite Anime Character!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!
Unread 12-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
aha-chan

Welcome to the forums! I just got here, myself ^-^
I agree with all who like pirate!England. Nomnomnom. I also cosplay Canada, eh?
aha-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Raven-Sama
For The Horde!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aha-chan View Post
Welcome to the forums! I just got here, myself ^-^
I agree with all who like pirate!England. Nomnomnom. I also cosplay Canada, eh?
Thank you! And hooray for being new as well! Welcome to you too! ^__^
Pirate!England is awesome! And yay! Another Canada Cosplayer! (Recently I cosplay England a lot more than Canada, but both Characters are my favourites ... they're also my OTP XD;; )
Unread 12-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

You'll be bringing Heero and Lady Une to Sakura Con?!!? Omg. We will TOTALLY get together and take pictures!! When I first cosplayed Duo, it was 2001 I think. The show had just aired on TV (here in the States, I dunno about Canada) and there were probably 20+ Duo's running amok! So, it has been so long since I have cosplayed as him and after rewatching the series a few weeks ago, I am BUMPED to bring him back from the death (haha. no pun intended). Once we get close to con time, we should exchange numbers or arrange to meet somewhere for photos!! *dance* I'm so excited for another GW cosplayer!!

| barbara gordon: batgirl [new 52] 0% | chandra nalaar [magic the gathering] 10% |

| sir alanna of pirate's swoop and olau [the song of the lioness series] (planning) |

"you should let yourself go over the edge every once in a while & enjoy your life"
-duo maxwell-
Unread 12-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
Raven-Sama
For The Horde!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevershutsupkat View Post
You'll be bringing Heero and Lady Une to Sakura Con?!!? Omg. We will TOTALLY get together and take pictures!! When I first cosplayed Duo, it was 2001 I think. The show had just aired on TV (here in the States, I dunno about Canada) and there were probably 20+ Duo's running amok! So, it has been so long since I have cosplayed as him and after rewatching the series a few weeks ago, I am BUMPED to bring him back from the death (haha. no pun intended). Once we get close to con time, we should exchange numbers or arrange to meet somewhere for photos!! *dance* I'm so excited for another GW cosplayer!!
I won't have Lady Une for Sakura Con, but I'll most likely be able to have Heero ready for it ... I'll most likely being doing his endless Waltz outfit because, well, since Sakura Con is on March, it'll probably still be a bit chilly to be running around in spandex shorts LOL
I think GW aired here around the same time actually, but I didn't actually get to cosplaying until 2003 ... because well, up until then I didn't even know much about Conventions. Lady Une was my first Cosplay at a Convention ever, but I haven't touched the costume since, and it needs some major revision before I wear it again XD... As for Heero though, I have most of that cosplay still ... just have to update a couple of small things and the it should be good to go. I'll definitely consider bring it to Sakura Con since it's a nice easy costume to pack and wear! (I'll be doing Hetalia cosplay for Sakura Con as well though )
And exchanging numbers or arranging to meet somewhere sounds awesome! It would be great to take some pics!
if you'd like to keep in touch on here, that would be awesome... but you can also find me on Skype (ravendunbar), AIM (RavenMDunbar) and Facebook(Raven Michelle Dunbar)
Unread 12-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #10
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Yes, it will be very cold to running around in spandex shorts! I am so excited now. Someday, I want to make Duo's EWs outfit as well. I sent you a friend request on FB. =) I will most definitely keep in touch with you!

-duo maxwell-
Unread 12-26-2012, 01:31 AM   #11
Raven-Sama
For The Horde!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevershutsupkat View Post
Yes, it will be very cold to running around in spandex shorts! I am so excited now. Someday, I want to make Duo's EWs outfit as well. I sent you a friend request on FB. =) I will most definitely keep in touch with you!
Awesome! I just got it!
I'm excited too! ^_^
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:05 AM   #12
sweetsorrow
Sweetsorrow

hi BC Vancouver

Hello my name is Jason Hinkley. I recently moved here from new york state to study.
I am 24 years and I have been cosplaying since i was 20. I have enjoy the conventions and the cosplayers here. I hope meet more people to hang out, talk anime, and cosplay.
sweetsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #13
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Welcome fellow Canadian!

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:54 AM   #14
xNagi
japanesenagi@deviantart

Hello fellow Hetalia and GW fan! ^_^

credit: got my avatar template here
xNagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
Raven-Sama
For The Horde!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsorrow View Post
Hello my name is Jason Hinkley. I recently moved here from new york state to study.
I am 24 years and I have been cosplaying since i was 20. I have enjoy the conventions and the cosplayers here. I hope meet more people to hang out, talk anime, and cosplay.
Hello! Nice too meet you! I live on Vancouver Island myself but I do attend the conventions in Vancouver. I'm sure we'll run into each other sometime!
I hope you're enjoying British Columbia so far!