Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 876 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #56341
SJM

OMG! I wish I could make my own costumes! Would have saved me 250$. Oh well! To late now.
SJM is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #56342
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
You're welcome ^_^

And you know, if you have your credit card/debit card/bank account linked up to your paypal, if you only have $50 in your paypal account, and you buy something that is $55, it'll take the $50 out of paypal, then take the rest out of your bank account/off your card, and it's instant, so you don't have to wait.
my boyfriend said the same; usually I'll just use my Visa card, actually, but since I made two big purchases and had the money saved in paypal already, no point not using it. I just didn't see early enough that they'd raises prices by five bucks and I sure don't want a measly $ charge on my card to collect interest over several months while I pay off the other couple hundred I owe.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 12:56 AM   #56343
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
That sounds like it was a great moment for you two haha!
Lol, it sure was fun ^.^ Not going to lie, my 2 friends totally made that Saturday night the most memorable moment I have EVER had at a con! I'm lucky to have such good friends that I can drag on stage with me

On a related note, the con is called Anime Apocalypse. When I youtube search the con, I would say about 40% or so of the videos from the convention are videos of us doing Gangnam Style on the stage, or practicing around the convention XD Even had people ask us on Saturday if we were going to do Gangnam Style again, as well as people around the con talking about us. I wanted to leave an impression on the first year of Anime Apocalypse, and it seems like we did!

Learned from somebody that supposedly we were sort of all over Tumblr too during the weekend. Lol, not quite sure how Tumblr works exactly though XD

Last edited by dx7879 : 12-25-2012 at 08:16 PM.
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #56344
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I think Anime Apocalypse gave me the most epic photo as Lucy yet. I didn't even realize the photo came out so epic until someone posted it on my Facebook.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2rmw8ba.jpg
Credit belongs to photographer.

Anime Apocalypse was really an epic first year convention. I had such a blast and I think I'll be going back next year.

For now, my attention shall focus on Kaname Chidori and getting her pieces correct for Anime Midwest.

Also, I hate watching my brother play Borderlands because I am now itching to do a Tiny Tina cosplay. -.-
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #56345
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I got the Detective Conan movie that Gin is in for Christmas! I'm really excited to watch it again now since I might be cosplaying him in February! ^_^
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #56346
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Sooooo.....for Christmas my little sister bought me the game FF XIII-2 now I wanna cosplay as Lightning and have her as Serah xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 15%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 40%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #56347
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Sooo very happy because I got better boots for Syaoran for Christmas! They also work well for other characters too~
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #56348
Kokoro Hane
Mangaka on a mission~

So I used the sewing machine for the first time. Not as scary as I thought XD

Soon, I will be making cosplays from scratch <3
Meiko [default] (Vocaloid)
Hajime (Hamatora) {debuted at; Anime Conji 2014}
Tomoyo Daidouji [summer uniform] (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Xiaoyu [school uniform] (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)

Currently in the works!
Keichii Maebara [casual, genderbent] (Higurashi)
Shinji Ikari [school uniform, genderbent] (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Kokoro Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #56349
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Sweet! My Mom got me a gift certificate for the local fabric store. I'm gonna go buy fabric for Hijikata and Slade. ^^ Then my stepdad said he's going to give me more money because he broke my 70$ bottle of perfume and I used my birthday money to replace it so more money for fabric!~ yay.

Yesterday, my Slade zentai suit and Barnaby wig came in the mail. XD Now to wait for everything else, hopefully sometime this week. ^^

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #56350
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Woohoo! $50 for fabricland will finish the last stuff I need for Twilight Sparkle and Quorra, and probably cover most or all my fabric for my winged elf. And Mom and her boyfriend said even if it's a belated present they'll get me at least some of the turkey feathers I need for the wings.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 12-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #56351
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
my boyfriend said the same; usually I'll just use my Visa card, actually, but since I made two big purchases and had the money saved in paypal already, no point not using it. I just didn't see early enough that they'd raises prices by five bucks and I sure don't want a measly $ charge on my card to collect interest over several months while I pay off the other couple hundred I owe.
Well do you have a regular debit card? Or your bank account? Cuz that way it's just paid and not something you have to 'pay back' ... but it's up to you, just trying to help ^^;;

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: Chii (Chobits) Saturday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Sunday: Nico Robin (One Piece) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #56352
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Well do you have a regular debit card? Or your bank account? Cuz that way it's just paid and not something you have to 'pay back' ... but it's up to you, just trying to help ^^;;
yeah, I've got a debit card obviously, but since I set up my visa card with my paypal, the extra transfer thing's pretty well unneeded. But AN's 15,000 weekend pre-reg tickets have certainly never sold out in a mere week, so I just have to wait an extra week.
Unread 12-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #56353
Reily96
Zelda Obsessed

Yay, I can get in on Wigmas~ Got $95 today. I can buy my wig... as well as the rest of the stuff I'll need for Derpy, and I'll still have leftover~

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #56354
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Sister got here cosplay and wig for RankaX33 All i have to do is finish Sheryl and we can do our cosplay together. Also got my princess of the crystal wig. Really love itXD

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #56355
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Finally got my vacuum pieces in the mail for Luigi's Poltergust. I may be able to finish it tonight if I don't get lazy.
Was completely lazy. Should be working on something now, as the con is in about a week and a half, but...food coma.

Next con: Yaoi Con (Burlingham, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote