Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 12-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
no ordinary rabbit

contacting the owner is the right way to start, with a statement such as "It has come to my attention that a photo on your website was used without my permission and I am requesting its removal." then if that does not happen, you contact the hosting company to complain and they'll take the site down. Looks like his site is hosted by Cloudfare

This happens a lot in another hobby I am involved in. here is another statement that has been done with success as it mentions the actual legal issues involved, however the person that stole the photos was trying to use them to make money, so not sure how that changes things:
"As the publisher of the material being infringed by your company, and the agent for the copyright owner, I have confirmed that you were not extended permission to use these photographs and as a result, your use of said photographs is in violation of International Copyright Law. Please remove these photographs from your site immediately or you will be invoiced for their use, we will effect the removal of these photographs from your website through your hosting company in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), and pursue legal action. "

good luck! I can't believe he repalced logos and photographer credits. that's low
AbsoluteApril is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #17
Sabrina901

I was browsing around EBay and found stolen pictures of my friend's cosplays. I immediately told her, and she had someone send a cease and desist letter threatening legal action.

Miku Hatsune-Append
Heisuke Toudou-Hakuouki
Sabrina901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #18
KuroNekoCosplay
Runnin' with wolves~

They're stealing cosplay images at http://www.gameguyz.com/pictures/cos...y-of-lupo.html (that's my stolen image with the watermark removed) If you look at other photos there's thousand of edited cosplay photos that have been stolen. I have sent the owner a takedown notice but I most likely won't get anywhere.
KuroNekoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #19
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

My wife found TWO sites using her Kitty Pryde to sell their costume.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #20
KuroNekoCosplay
Runnin' with wolves~

I don't understand why people have to do that. Though if they're using your image without paying you than you definitely have a case. I'd sue the pants off of them!
KuroNekoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote