Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 11-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #1201
Cascade

I just used the pine tree staff as is basically... but that fit the witch of he wilds...

But I like foam... of all kind... maybe carve styrofoam? It's easy but makes a mess, and then it looks better if covered so there's not little holes everywhere... I'll look for another way and bring it up if I find one.

On another note...
Yay! Heart Breaker and backstabber are done... besides the detail painting <3 (And ALL of my SD cards are hiding from me ._.)
Cascade is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #1202
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Eep, sorry... got a bit distracted with a bunch of other things going on and I haven't checked this thread in a while!

For the staff, have you thought about building on top of a piece of PVC pipe or a wooden dowel from a home improvement store? That'll give you the base structure, then you can papier mache or glue whatever you want onto it to give it a rougher look if needed.

I'm planning on making a staff for next year's Dragon*Con, and I'm probably going to go with a PVC pipe as my base. I'll need to make mine in pieces that can screw together, because I have to take it apart to fit into luggage for my flight. :P (I would post progress for the costume here once I get started, but it's from the Dragon Age comics instead of DA2, so not sure if it would go in this thread or not).

Cascade: Hopefully you can find one of your SD cards soon! I'd love to see the finished daggers.
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #1203
AbsoluteApril
no ordinary rabbit

hello forum. I'm going to start a Bethany Circle Mage Robe cosplay, a few people have done it and look fantastic. Having a terrible time finding the correct green fabric with gold stripes. I've seen others have sewn gold ribbon to make the stripes.. which I will do if I have to but if anyone knows where to find a fabric, I'd love some links! thank you
the robes: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120908234207/dragonage/images/d/de/DA2_Bethany's_Circle_Mage_Robes_-_companion_armor.jpg
AbsoluteApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #1204
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

If you have local fabric stores, I would check their holiday fabrics before they're completely gone. There might be a seasonal striped fabric in gold and green. (Just after Christmas is a great time to look if you're trying to find green, red, silver, or gold fabric.)

I did find some cotton on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Christmas-Gr...item518e40d127
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #1205
AbsoluteApril
no ordinary rabbit

yes I've been checking the joanns around here, found out about a local 'mom and pop' fabric store so will go there this weekend. thank you so much for the link! that is closer than the others I've found!
AbsoluteApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #1206
Cascade

Haha I almost forgot about this thread! I've hardly done anything more for Izzy... still avoiding her tunic though... Okay I'll set a goal for myself... I'll try to have Heart Breaker and Backstabber done by the end of the weekend. ^^

That ebay fabric does seem very fitting, a tad brighter green maybe but still fitting.
Cascade is offline   Reply With Quote