Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #136
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I went as Hatori Sohma from Fruits Basket to a convention in November, and at one point my friends and I went out for McDonald's. While there, this little girl came up to me and asked "Are you Dr. Doofinshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb?" I guess it was the lab coat. She was too cute to correct so I just said yes XD
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #137
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Went to an Ihop 40 minutes away from a con I went to this weekend, and friend of mine was dressed up as Ritsukafrom Loveless (young cat boy). A young girl that was probably under 2 years old kept looking over from across the restaurant and was saying cat/kitty to her parents. It was soooooooooo adorable ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #138
Asezuna

I was walking across the street in my Sode no Shirayuki cosplay when I hear quite a young voice yell "Hello, angel!" ^^ For I was the only one who could pass in her (?) opinion as an angel, I have little to no doubt that she was talking about me.
".... Not much of a threat, considering we're already in Hel."
Asezuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #139
IenzoRenaNipah

When I was in my Italy cosplay, my little sister (Who I forced into a Chibitalia cosplay) pulled my curl. And since Italy's curl is his.....'happy' zone, it was awkward.

VERY awkward.
IenzoRenaNipah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #140
Raven-Sama
For The Horde!

When I was at Anime Revolution in Vancouver, BC, My (now-ex) Girlfriend and I were cosplaying as Pirate!England and Pirate!Spain from Hetalia, and this little girl and her little brother came up to us and they were so excited to see Pirates! They asked their Dad if he would take pictures of them with us because we said we'd love to have our pictures with them. It was so cute, and the little boy just adored us and kept hugging us ... He was probably only about 3 years old, and the girl was maybe 5 or 6. It was so awesome.
After that we got stopped a few more times by Parents with their kids asking if it would be okay to take pictures with the Pirates. Of course, we happily obliged.
All of them were people that were not associated with the convention at all ... so I think that made it even more awesome.
Raven-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #141
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

When I lived at South Korea, my sister bought a Ranka Lee wig. Now, in case you guys don't watch Macross Frontier, Ranka has green hair. She was "testing" out the wig while we were visiting a pet store to buy some bird seeds when two kids with their mom passed by. The little boy said to his mom in Korean "Mom. Can people be born with green hair?"
Guo Jia [Dynasty Warrior 8]
Fem!Noiz [DRAMAtical Murder]

Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Military Akira [Togainu no Chi]

Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #142
violetlights
Pokemon Master

Gosh, these stories are so adorable!

I remember over the summer, at Otakon when I was cosplaying as a Team Rocket Grunt, my friend and I had walked a few blocks away from the convention to grab some lunch, and when we sat down outside there was this little boy (probably about six or seven) standing a few feet away, holding a Pikachu plushie and staring at me with these huge wide eyes. He kept looking back at us like he was expecting me to do something so I made a little grabby motion with my hands, and he started giggling and hugging his Pokemon really tight like he was afraid I'd take it. Cutest kid ever.
violetlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #143
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

I was walking around the mall the other day in full Jack Sparrow costume with another Jack Sparrow impersonator, and I actually found kids who were afraid of Jack Sparrow... it was really weird. They took one look at the other impersonator who was with me and started freaking out, it was the strangest reaction I've seen.

On a better note, I have also had kids get really excited and try to get their parents' attention when they see me. I walk by and the kids are all like "Mom look! It's a pirate! It's Jack Sparrow!" and of course I give them a little nod and do something like
to confirm to them that they were correct. lol It's interesting to see different reactions from kids

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #144
AnimeAndMusical

My Pikachu cosplay always gets interesting reactions from children (gee, I wonder why).

I was cosplaying at a small event, inside a gallery that is inside a park that's popular for its swimming pools, so the three bravest ones of us went outside by one of the pools to get our photos taken. While I was there a little kid in the pool said: "Hi Pikachu!" and later he and two others came and gave me a high five.
AnimeAndMusical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #145
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

I don't think I've ever ran into any kids that didn't know what were going on AT a convention, however right after Mini-con in 2005, a bunch of my friends and I decided to go to Applebee's (why we chose a restaurant like that, I dk XD) ... I actually have a picture of all of us at our table here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1118355/ ... and as we were leaving, I got stopped by like 5 little kids asking me for my autograph (I was dressed as Super Sailor Moon btw), and it was so cute, I dk if they thought I was the real thing or not, but this one little girl DEFINITELY did, she couldn't talk like at all, and she just kept staring at me smiling, and her mom eventually had to come over to talk to me cuz she couldn't XD

Then another time, I believe this was also at Mini-con, but in 2007, one of my friends had her shoe break in the middle of the con, so we went to Payless to get her a new pair, and we were all in One Piece cosplay, I was dressed as Nami, and out of no where I hear this kid go 'OMG IT'S NAMI' and I turn around to like this 8-year-old boy coming up to me, and I was like O_o you know who I am? And he was like 'YEAH! YOU'RE NAMI!' ... so I played along and was like, yeah, and look who I've got with me, and pointed down the isle everyone was on, and this little kid freaked, he got to see like 5 other One Piece characters acting like goofs and trying on shoes, probably made his day XDD

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #146
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweeneyTodd View Post
I was walking around the mall the other day in full Jack Sparrow costume with another Jack Sparrow impersonator, and I actually found kids who were afraid of Jack Sparrow... it was really weird. They took one look at the other impersonator who was with me and started freaking out, it was the strangest reaction I've seen.

On a better note, I have also had kids get really excited and try to get their parents' attention when they see me. I walk by and the kids are all like "Mom look! It's a pirate! It's Jack Sparrow!" and of course I give them a little nod and do something like
to confirm to them that they were correct. lol It's interesting to see different reactions from kids
I once saw a Jack Sparrow try to get a toddler to talk to him. He kept saying this like, "Hello, my pretty." Showing her a cursed coin and asking if she knew what it was. Meanwhile the mom holding the child was saying thinks like, "That's not the real Jack Sparrow. That's just someone dressed like him. Jack Sparrow is just a character; he's not real." At that last bit the child look at her Mom like the Mom was an idiot. The toddler never did talk but she kept smiling and giggling at Jack.
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #147
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Has anyone not seen this?http://www.today.com/moms/security-g...me-true-916096
Unread 12-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #148
EnvyIsMySin

At Connecticon this year, I was cosplaying as Miku (magnet version) and was with some friends. On the way up to the main section of the con, I heard a pair of kids near us squeal "Oh my god, she's Hatsune Miku!" It was two kids around 7 or 8, dressed up as the cutest L and Misa. If I remember correctly, their mom told me later that it was their first con.

Since we were on an escalator, I couldn't stop to talk to them, but I turned around and waved at them and they freaked out. Once we got up to the main floor I took a picture with them and talked to them for a bit, and they were the sweetest kids ever. It was the cutest thing<3
EnvyIsMySin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #149
setting54

Hm, I haven't had any kid moments at a con yet, as far as I remember, but, one year I went to volunteer to run booths and stuff at the local Halloween fair in my Fionna cosplay, and this one little boy looks me up and down, notices the sword in my backpack, and says, "What are you doing here? You've got to go fight the Ice Queen!" It was pretty funny!

Cosplays:
-Kitty Pryde (Ultimate)
-(secret)
-Kitty Pryde (Excalibur)
-Femme!Quicksilver (Days of Future Past)
-Scarlet Witch (Classic)
-Femme!Moriarty
setting54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #150
Bm-Atticus
Cumberpunch Cosplay!

I've got two. Once was from Fanime 2008 or 2009. One of the hotels connected to the convention had been booked for a large Indian wedding. I'll never forget this as long as I live. Part of the family walks outside past my friends and I. One was a very elderly Indian women, dressed very traditionally and next to her was a little boy about six or seven. As they passed we heard the tail end of their conversation.

"...Aaaand that's why people are dressed like Pokemon."

That was all we heard as they passed and to this day it still makes us laugh.

The second was fairly recent. Halloween at Disneyland. My sister and I went as Link and Dark Link. We took the hotel bus to get there and a family was already sitting there in their costumes, the children staring at us with wide eyes. And then I hear it.

"That's Link, because he's green, and that's Shadow Link, because he's black and has red eyes."

And once we got inside the part we had a couple of parents asking if they could take photos with their kids. It was cute and I don't think I'll ever get tired of getting those reactions from kids.
Bm-Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote