Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 12-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
Jamboree Jess

Has anyone experienced problems with Bodyline AIR shipping?

I recently made a purchase with Bodyline (a dress,shoes, and socks). It was my first purchase with them, and I made the mistake of using "AIR" shipping, trying to save myself some money. I made my purchase on November 23rd. (That is when they accepted my payment) And I got shipping confirmation on November 28th. The tracking says "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" on December 1st. USPS tracking has said "Origin post is preparing shipment" for going on 3 weeks now. It has been 29 days since my package shipped. I am more than a little worried, at this point. I thought that it had been shipped early enough to avoid the holiday rush. I only have a few more days in which I can make a dispute with Paypal, I would be devastated if I never got my order, and was out over $100. I finally got in contact with bodyline and they said:

Hello
You can wait sometime.
You package is delayed by post office for Christmas season.
Thank you

Has anyone else experienced anything this ridiculous? I'm not sure what to do, I've never had anything take this long to get to me.
I live in Wisconsin (about an hour and a half from Chicago)

anyone else have airmail horror stories?? Or at least more experience than me? :P
Jamboree Jess is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
improvised

I would contact them asap (like, TODAY) asking about your order. If they don't respond within 24 hrs, open a paypal dispute. Chances are good you will get your money back if they don't respond in a timely and favorable manner.
Good luck! I haven't ordered from these people, personally, but I had an order from China go wrong, and PP was very good in getting my money back.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamboree Jess View Post
I recently made a purchase with Bodyline (a dress,shoes, and socks). It was my first purchase with them, and I made the mistake of using "AIR" shipping, trying to save myself some money. I made my purchase on November 23rd. (That is when they accepted my payment) And I got shipping confirmation on November 28th. The tracking says "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" on December 1st. USPS tracking has said "Origin post is preparing shipment" for going on 3 weeks now. It has been 29 days since my package shipped. I am more than a little worried, at this point. I thought that it had been shipped early enough to avoid the holiday rush. I only have a few more days in which I can make a dispute with Paypal, I would be devastated if I never got my order, and was out over $100. I finally got in contact with bodyline and they said:

Hello
You can wait sometime.
You package is delayed by post office for Christmas season.
Thank you

Has anyone else experienced anything this ridiculous? I'm not sure what to do, I've never had anything take this long to get to me.
I live in Wisconsin (about an hour and a half from Chicago)

anyone else have airmail horror stories?? Or at least more experience than me? :P
I had the same issue, I just got my bodyline package today and I ordered it early in november, the last activity I had was when the tracking said it left Tokyo on Nov 13th, I thought it was early enough to get here before Xmas as well but I literally got my package today on Dec 31st. I tried to track it, but it doesn't track beyond Japan, all you can do is wait, I'd wait for 2 months because I counted from Nov 13th to Dec 31st and it was 48 days including weekends. Unfortunately air shipping is just very slow and I suppose takes a month to a month and a half, it's sad because all the things I ordered online from China took less then 2 weeks with standard shipping. The only thing I can say I pay for the more expensive shipping. I want to order more things from bodyline but I don't want to wait a month and a freaking half. That's ridiculous when things from China take 2 weeks or less!

But yeah, if you don't get your package by 2 months I'd try calling or emailing bodyline and asking who you can contact to find your package.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Oh, and honestly, that would make sense it got stuck in the Christmas rush. Like I said I ordered a tad earlier then you did in Nov and I still got my package after Christmas. I would just wait, Bodyline has a good reputation but the air shipping just sucks.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

I ordered a package at the end of November and it arrived about three days ago. The tracking didn't update after leaving Japan and said nothing for weeks. It was finally updated to "Delivered" after I got it, but nothing else. I think it was really just the holiday rush or something else along those lines.
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #6
ladysuki1289

When I order from Bodyline, I always do fast shipping. Yes, it's good to save money, but I don't want to wait two months for anything, lol.

Plus if something is wrong with it, I'll know immediately instead of waiting nearly three months and then having to wait MORE when you have to send it back. Not that I've sent anything back but, if I had to, I'd rather know soon rather than later. I'm sure you'll get your stuff, it'll just a while.
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #7
Alicornia
Magical Girl

Sick with worry D;

Hello~!

I unfortunately had to wait until December 12th to order from Bodyline, so I DEFINITELY wasn't getting it in time for Christmas. xD My friend and I combined our orders because she doesn't have a Paypal account. I opted for AIR because my friend and I are cheap, and I was afraid that with the CAN/US exchange rate, adding the EMS rate would go over my credit card limit of $500 CAN (I forgot that Paypal takes the money directly from your debit account... *facepalm*).

Anyways, before I start listing all the lovely stuff we ordered... We placed the order on the 12th, tracking activity started on the 19th, and it was supposedly dispatched on the 21st. It is now the 19th of January, and I haven't heard from it yet. <<;; I was hoping customs wouldn't be so brutal now that it is long past Christmas... And so I started to fear that my package was simply lost. It's making me feel physically ill... If it was just MY stuff, I would probably learn to just deal with it and not order from Bodyline again (even though my previous three orders were fine - though I had DHL for the first two). However, since my friend's MOTHER'S money is also involved (her mother paid for her share as part of her Christmas present), I feel really responsible and squeamish about it.

BASICALLY - I'm asking how long is TOO long? When should I start panicking and communicating with USPS and *shudder* Bodyline itself? And as a Canadian resident, does this further complicate things? (stupid Canadian post)

[/rant]

Thank you for any responses...
Alicornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #8
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

I think the worse I had with bodyline was waiting two months for a dress (I also live in Canada).
Unread 01-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #9
Alicornia
Magical Girl

Ah! To my great relief, two packages showed up on Monday, and the last today. Trust it to happen right after I start panicking. xD Oh Bodyline, you sneak. Anyways, it's all cleared up now. xD
Unread 01-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #10
Headphone Actor
Local KagePro loser

So it's normal to have no update once it leaves Japan? Mine tracking hasn't been updated since 14/1/13.... I'm getting nervous.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
Headphone Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 07:29 PM   #11
Alicornia
Magical Girl

Yes, that is how AIR works. I presume you mean the 13th of January 2014 and not the 14th of January 2013, because THAT would be a looong wait. @_@ I ordered mine in mid December and they just arrived this past week, so don't panic yet. xD
Unread 01-27-2014, 12:42 AM   #12
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I'm having a different problem. I've been trying to place an order with AIR shipping but when I get to the final confirmation page it changes to EMS. I just e-mailed them about it.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #13
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I'm having a different problem. I've been trying to place an order with AIR shipping but when I get to the final confirmation page it changes to EMS. I just e-mailed them about it.
My guess would be that it's too heavy to ship with AIR shipping, and it can only be shipped EMS.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 02:47 AM   #14
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThakYuki View Post
My guess would be that it's too heavy to ship with AIR shipping, and it can only be shipped EMS.
I doubt it, I've ordered rocking horse shoes and had it ship through AIR. I was only ordering a maid cosplay which would weigh less. I did get a response saying "it is display problem.
it have no problem in real." Well, I guess I'll try next week as AIR only ships out on Tuesdays and it's too late to have it sent out this week.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #15
redsheep

I've ordered from them with AIR before and it took the usual 2 weeks, but this order has been stuck at "Dispatch from outward office of exchange." for a little under a week now. I don't know if it's gonna' be a problem or if it's just because it's a bigger order.

Bodyline is just weird.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote