Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #61
Cole

I am sorry to ask this again, but has there been any word on panels yet? Has anyone who submitted a panel form gotten any response?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #62
MutantCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
lol well I think we have Silent Beato and Elder (suit) Beato... I'm not 100% sure as my Beato has been talking about it with the other Beato, but they are both being Beato XP... we also have Endless Sorcerer Battler, Maria and I'm undecided, i could do normal Battler, try to get together B.Battler or I could do Lambdadelta...
Never too many Beatos! Ahaha.wav! >.> <.< But yeah, any other costume is too intricate to make on my school schedule,budget and expertise right now. Plus I like the idea of cosplaying the woman who started it all. XD
MutantCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #63
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I am sorry to ask this again, but has there been any word on panels yet? Has anyone who submitted a panel form gotten any response?
I have heard nothing back from them...they E-mailed me about a plushie workshop over a month ago then ziipppooo reply back. Perhaps, I'm use to dealing with larger cons now that I get peeved with unprofessional-ism like this..but it just turned me right off wanting to do it.
Unread 12-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #64
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantCanuck View Post
Never too many Beatos! Ahaha.wav! >.> <.< But yeah, any other costume is too intricate to make on my school schedule,budget and expertise right now. Plus I like the idea of cosplaying the woman who started it all. XD
Indeed! You're welcome to join us at any point in the day, and during the panel if we get a response soon... I just sent them a more detailed email that a friend of mine came up with (she can't make it but she runs lots of things like this at other cons, so she knows how to word it and will help us plan even if she can't come!) if we dont get a panel, or even if we do, we'll probably have a photoshoot with some of the run around photogs at the con for sure!
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #65
MutantCanuck

Quote:
Indeed! You're welcome to join us at any point in the day, and during the panel if we get a response soon... I just sent them a more detailed email that a friend of mine came up with (she can't make it but she runs lots of things like this at other cons, so she knows how to word it and will help us plan even if she can't come!) if we dont get a panel, or even if we do, we'll probably have a photoshoot with some of the run around photogs at the con for sure!
Only thing I'm worrying about is the wig. Her hair is serious business. Why are all the costumes so detailed besides Biche's? Ahhhhhh. >.<
Unread 12-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #66
MutantCanuck

Thinking of switching to Lion, if I can get someone to make it instead. Ai yah.
Unread 12-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #67
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantCanuck View Post
Thinking of switching to Lion, if I can get someone to make it instead. Ai yah.
Lion is cool too! I haven't read as far as some of my friends (I'm on the first volume of manga and I watched the anime) but I know Lion is pretty cool!
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #68
MutantCanuck

Quote:
Lion is cool too! I haven't read as far as some of my friends (I'm on the first volume of manga and I watched the anime) but I know Lion is pretty cool!
I know the whole plot, though going through each VN will obviously deepen it. I'm being naughty and starting with 7. XD And my friend is going to make it for me. She's in New Hampshire, but everything is still awesome. She gets paid, I get awesome cosplay. I have to get the wig though. XD
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #69
Dart:Dense Boy
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

Just an update for panelists. I'm very sorry - we're had some issues with our panelist coordinator this year.

You should be hearing back from me by the end of the weekend - again I'm very, very sorry about the delay in responses as it means the world to us to have the kind of panelists we have at Con-G. Thank you for your patience.

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!
Dart:Dense Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #70
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ought to have the non-lit portions of Quorra done by the end of next week, and Twilight Sparkle almost done by the end of next week.
I do have a question involving the masquerade, though- since I plan on competing with Quorra, to show off the lights in full for a few moments I'd want the stage lights cut/dimmed as low as possible during. Is that possible with the stage's setup? Also, I may need my boyfriend to help me out with the switches, battery replacement, etc. while in the green room (not 100%, it'll depend how long my batteries last and where my switches end up). He's not competing, though, so he'd be something more like a handler, but not needed on or exiting the stage. Is that allowed?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #71
Ivy Sun

thank you everyone for listing all your cosplays it has inspired to go work on mine!
@MDA I have some one that can fill the last spot if you dont have any one yet. I will fb you too.

Infinite Pocket Cosplay (previously known as Mad_sew)
"Your costume is my passion!"
mad_sew@hotmail.com

2014 Con line up
Feb- Con G
May- Anime North
Ivy Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #72
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

I hate to repeat but: which pokemon version will be used in the tournament?

Also a question about panels. I have read some of the suggestions and if there is room I could volunteer to do a skill (knitting, crochet, etc etc) if there is time available? I know that you need to email on the site. Are times given to you or assigned?

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain

Last edited by SuperBee : 12-29-2012 at 09:54 AM.
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #73
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
I hate to repeat but: which pokemon version will be used in the tournament?

Also a question about panels. I have read some of the suggestions and if there is room I could volunteer to do a skill (knitting, crochet, etc etc) if there is time available? I know that you need to email on the site. Are times given to you or assigned?
Sorry I had to check with the people running the pokemon tourney
5th generation game: that is, Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 or White 2

To suggest a panel - just use the email form on the website

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #74
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart:Dense Boy View Post
Sorry I had to check with the people running the pokemon tourney
5th generation game: that is, Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 or White 2

To suggest a panel - just use the email form on the website
Thank you for getting back! That means I need to put away Paper Mario and get Pokemon 2 (starting out fresh might be a good choice).

I did suggest a panel - even offered to run it That is if anyone made sense of my jot-notes...

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #75
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

Okay so I think i've gotten back to everyone who emailed us (with the exception of the past few days, still have a few of those to do). If anyone hasn't heard back from us, please resubmit your panel idea - I'm concerned our site is eating forms again.

Again thanks for everyone's patience in regards to this matter!!!

Also looking forward to Jan to release some of our guests *evil grin*