Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 11-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #31
MsSei42

Mlp

I'll be cosplaying human Rainbow Dash but i don't know which day yet i'll be wearing it though >>
MsSei42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #32
TamsinAndShale
Est 1993

No longer planning on Twilight Sparkle, still doing PP Fluttershy and CH Rainbow Dash. And if there are multiple photoshoots, as there were this past year, I'll be wearing Cadence and my same friend will be wearing Shining Armour.

Or, who knows, some exciting new character from season 3 : D
Unread 11-08-2012, 03:23 AM   #33
Rei-Azalia

Change of plans!

I am going to attempt to go as discord for one of the days. I'll probably have an inside out umbrella.
Rei-Azalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #34
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?

Changes are made to first post. Let me know if anything is wrong.

Regarding photoshoots, I'll definately be happy to run one, my problem is that I was only orginally intending to where Discord one day, Sunday. I guess I can always just switch to him for the photoshoot, then switch back as needed.

Any suggestions for photoshoot stuff? Place, format, how many, and so?
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
Roxas-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #35
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hooray! Twilight Sparkle's ears have been stitched to the base wig. MAN was it a pain getting them even/matching shape and angle. Or close enough to. Hopefully putting in the pink and purple streaks is easier. I'm not entirely sure how I'll keep them hidden when they kind of come right up to the top, and aren't layered under more hair.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #36
sweet_kat22
Graphic Designer

Im considering Princess Cadence for part of saturday or friday not sure. If not I have lots of other pony ideas.

Atomic Lollipop
Unsure of costume plans

Fan Expo
Harley Quinn (maybe with a Joker)
sweet_kat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #37
Shannynn

I've seen many tutorials on how to make a horn (most show how to make it out of clay), but how do you turn the horn into something you can wear?

Headband?

Elastic strap?

And are there any tutorials for the larger wings that the alicorns (Celestia, Luna, Cadence) have?

Yeah, this post is completely relevant to this thread, as I'm thinking of doing Luna next year for AN.
Shannynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #38
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannynn View Post
I've seen many tutorials on how to make a horn (most show how to make it out of clay), but how do you turn the horn into something you can wear?

Headband?

Elastic strap?

And are there any tutorials for the larger wings that the alicorns (Celestia, Luna, Cadence) have?

Yeah, this post is completely relevant to this thread, as I'm thinking of doing Luna next year for AN.
I haven't confirmed it to work just yet, but I'm keeping my Twilight Sparkle horn on with wire- my horn's going to be hollow inside, have a wire support with four ends underneath running up to the tip, and the support will be stuck through the mesh of my wig and curved to sit on my head. I'm getting it done this week, so I'll say if it worked as planned or not (I didn't want a headband/strap on mine, and since my horn'll be made with clay and cardboard a clip wouldn't have worked. I also wanted it to be removable for washing and brushing the wig)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #39
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Woohoo! Twilight Sparkle wig is done! I couldn't get the chunky streaks in right, though, so it's more spread-out with the blue. Grrr. I'll post pics when I can take them in sunlight tomorrow- my room does NOT allow for remotely passable pictures after dark.
Unread 12-29-2012, 02:46 AM   #40
TamsinAndShale
Est 1993

I do events on Sunday, so a Friday and Saturday shoot would be ideal. If needed, my friend and I could help run at least one of the shoots. Location... probably somewhere grassy for an MLP setting.

Also, y'all can just call me Tamsin. It's easier XD.
Unread 12-29-2012, 03:31 AM   #41
Hideto Koudansh

If I can make time for it, I'm going as human Derpy.
Hideto Koudansh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #42
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I vote for Saturday or Sunday- Friday I may have another photoshoot, and though I'm hoping to be in the masquerade Saturday with a different cosplay I was going to wear Twilight in the daytime anyway. And Sunday I was already planning on Twilight Sparkle.
Unread 01-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #43
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Aw, I wish I was cosplaying MLP this year. I've always wanted to cosplay Sweetie Belle...

Anyway, I'll try to stop by the shoot to grab some quick pics! Have fun~

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #44
sweet_kat22
Graphic Designer

Last year they had MLP photoshoots every day (at certain times) I hope they do
that again this year, I didn't get to wear my pony costume last year

Atomic Lollipop
Unsure of costume plans

Fan Expo
Harley Quinn (maybe with a Joker)
sweet_kat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #45
Rei-Azalia

For sure coming as humanized Discord and my boyfriend is now going as Iron Will! (he was going to originally do Sombra but had to cut it because of budgeting. he's flying in from California and this will be his first con, so we're keeping costume spending to a minimum.)

I WAS JUST INFORMED: my friend is going as queen chrysalis.

Villain trio.
Be prepared for a big ol' storm of chaos, my little ponies.

Last edited by Rei-Azalia : 01-10-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Rei-Azalia is offline   Reply With Quote