Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-30-2012, 01:36 AM   #5011
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I believe it's American Eagle who requires their employees to have a particular look from weight to personal style and employees are hired or fired depending on literally how attractive they are. One woman I spoke with online some time ago was discussing how she was hired in as the heaviest employee at her store and after losing a significant amount of weight from surgery she was praised for dropping a drastic amount of weight in a very short time. When she naturally put the weight back on from returning to her regular diet the store fired her for being fat.
You reminded me of this:
Woman denied job because she couldn't fit into uniform

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #5012
belligerent
Viking Metal

I only wear makeup when I'm pretending to be a man. I am glad I don't work at American Eagle because that would be awkward, probably.

Let me briefly vent about how annoying it is to be in a car accident that was not your fault and to have your car in the shop for over a month and for you, a fitness nut who works out 5-7 days a week, to have to go to months of therapy for a fucked up back and neck, the time period during which you are also forbidden from lifting anything heavy or running.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #5013
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Did anyone read the fucking tags at the top? Obesity? Obesity discrimination? DUDE THIS GIRL IS FAR FROM OBESE...
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #5014
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
It is such a fucking good game.

I've bought a yellow & white baseball jacket and i'm looking at rubber animal masks. I'm thinking unicorn. Then a bit a of blood, a baseball bat, a shotgun...
I totally forgot to add the legit "rant" part which is:

I can't find any god damn animal masks that isn't that damn horse one you see on the internet everywhere. You know what I'm talking about.

DAMN.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #5015
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I totally forgot to add the legit "rant" part which is:

I can't find any god damn animal masks that isn't that damn horse one you see on the internet everywhere. You know what I'm talking about.

DAMN.
I just typed rubber animal mask into ebay and found loads. Decent ones that aren't horse heads are a bit pricey.

EDIT: GOOD LORD WHAT IS THAT!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Childrens-...em3f1f e3a27c
What is that?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.

Last edited by fullbleed : 12-30-2012 at 12:42 PM.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #5016
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Did anyone read the fucking tags at the top? Obesity? Obesity discrimination? DUDE THIS GIRL IS FAR FROM OBESE...
I know! She was denied a job because she's not a fucking twig? How fair is that?

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook

Last edited by PrincessKaori87 : 12-30-2012 at 01:57 PM.
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #5017
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
I know! She was denied a job because she's not a fucking twig? How fair is that?
It isn't. That's the point.

Even if she was fat it still would not be okay.

There isn't enough sever space on CosCom for me to even begin to touch on this subject.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #5018
Amanita

One reason why I want to avoid corporate workplaces is sexist dress codes- Women have to wear makeup, but men are allowed to get away with having skin like saddle leather. Screw that, it's a sexist expectation. (I have nothing against women who like to wear makeup, but it should be a choice, dammit)

Other places require skirts for women, again, I refuse. A skirt long enough to cover my legs and still be considered a "professional" style would most likely be bad for mobility- tight and constraining. I'm guessing voluminous, loose skirts would be frowned on in such conservative, old fashioned environments. And as for shorter skirts, why the hell should I be obliged to show my legs to anyone if I don't want to? That, and shorter skirts require pantyhose, I HATE pantyhose!
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #5019
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
One reason why I want to avoid corporate workplaces is sexist dress codes- Women have to wear makeup, but men are allowed to get away with having skin like saddle leather. Screw that, it's a sexist expectation. (I have nothing against women who like to wear makeup, but it should be a choice, dammit)

Other places require skirts for women, again, I refuse. A skirt long enough to cover my legs and still be considered a "professional" style would most likely be bad for mobility- tight and constraining. I'm guessing voluminous, loose skirts would be frowned on in such conservative, old fashioned environments. And as for shorter skirts, why the hell should I be obliged to show my legs to anyone if I don't want to? That, and shorter skirts require pantyhose, I HATE pantyhose!
Agreed. XD I could not work somewhere that required me to wear a skirt unless it was literally the only job I could get. I only wear skirts/dresses for cosplay and choir concerts, though I find them very uncomfortable and too revealing for my taste in clothes. ^^; Especially considering that most of the skirts one could find for my age group only go down to the mid-thigh. o^o I don't see why woman can't wear dress slacks if they have a formal job. It's not like I have anything against uniforms with skirts, I just don't like not having another option for the people who don't like wearing skirts.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #5020
PsykoGerbil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
; Especially considering that most of the skirts one could find for my age group only go down to the mid-thigh.
Find a Macy's, go to their suit department, (esp look for their lovely clearance racks because when they move lines along you can get some good quality pieces for about 75% off) You *can* find good, professional pantsuits or better quality skirts that are not tight & short if that is the clothing needed.

I have worked in the DC area for... well. A long time. I have worn a lotta "professional clothing" and not once did anyone ever say I couldn't wear pants. However, I'm now working for a small private company where I can wear nice jeans about 95% of the time and I have to say I'm loving that. I've seen more people run into trouble with tops than pants/skirts.

I must rant about shoes though. finding good quality COMFORTABLE dressy shoes annoys me to no end. Why must women's shoes be so ridiculous?
PsykoGerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #5021
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
I only wear makeup when I'm pretending to be a man. I am glad I don't work at American Eagle because that would be awkward, probably.

Let me briefly vent about how annoying it is to be in a car accident that was not your fault and to have your car in the shop for over a month and for you, a fitness nut who works out 5-7 days a week, to have to go to months of therapy for a fucked up back and neck, the time period during which you are also forbidden from lifting anything heavy or running.
Augh, physio. My mom's a retired physiotherapist and most of her patients were involved in vehicle accidents. I hope you recover quickly.

I've got a six-week no-lifting, low-exercise sentence as well and I'm getting annoyed at how weak I feel these days, but it can't be helped. I had sore glutes from climbing stairs in my house the other day, what the heck. So out of shape ;_;
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #5022
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

If target required me to wear make I'd have been fired my first opening shift.

Rant:
My aunts boyfriend cleared their car off. All over the nice clear path my gf shoveled me to the trash bins.
I'm so very tempted to shovel it BACK on to their car.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #5023
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
If target required me to wear make I'd have been fired my first opening shift.

Rant:
My aunts boyfriend cleared their car off. All over the nice clear path my gf shoveled me to the trash bins.
I'm a bitch and would so totally do that...
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #5024
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Rant:
I would if I were you. XD
Actually, I'd shovel it IN their car...

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #5025
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Somedays I'll put on makeup even if I am not going anywhere. Then prance around feeling like a pretty princess. Other-times I shave one armpit and don't feel like doing the other. Like I'll get really super into shaving and do an amazing job and I am blown away by the smoothness of my skin after shaving but then I have to do the other half and realizing that I have to double my efforts to finish properly just overwhelms me.

I hope no stores have an 'evenly shaved appendages' rule because I am never getting a job if that's the case.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote