Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
Linave

Bodysuit/Catsuit help- Chat Noir

So the character I plan on cosplaying sometime next year is Chat Noir from the upcoming Miraculous Ladybug anime. He seems to be a male Catwoman who is more of an annoyance than a real threat. Here is the best reference I could find of his whole outfit:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mab2jqdiHX1r5ucoj.png

Don't mind the silly-looking animation still.

Originally I was hoping to buy a suit off eBay or Amazon but the only suits that looked to be of decent quality and price didn't match my measurements (even the largest sizes.) I still would prefer to buy a suit if anyone could direct to a place that has decent quality suits with more plus size friendly measurements or custom fitting.

I am considering making a suit myself. I found a few threads that had tips and patterns for bodysuits like Celtys from Durarara! which is similar looking. However I don't know what fabric would be the best for my needs or if I even have the skill or equipment to make a suit out of it. I will be cross-playing so I want a fabric that isn't too clingy or would emphasis my hips too much (I'm a pear shape.) I would be grateful for any help!

Extra: I figured I'd also post this here. I am hoping to make gloves for Chat as well. He has claw gloves with little pink paw prints on them. I was thinking of gluing fake nails on, but I feel like some costumes of Catwoman and Black Cat I've seen have gloves where the nail pokes through the fabric or something like that. If anyone has any tips on how to do that, I'd appreciate that as well!
Linave is offline   Reply With Quote