Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #166
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

((sorry in advance for the book of a post))

Eee!! So excited to see so much buzz about SAO! My fiance and I just finished watching it last week (we had been too busy working on a different series before and we finally got around to it)

SO GOOD! I really hope GGO gets a season. I'll be really sad if it doesn't!

Ichigo - I acutally just ordered this wig on ebay for my future Asuna costumes. Then again I'm going for her lighter color hair then the more orange. Though of the ones you posted I think either the first or 2nd one. The one from Moe Mall looks REALLY thin.

Jason - UGHH that foam board and glue!!! Its such a pain finding the right stuff. Wood might be your better option just know it'll probably be heavy X.x I hope you figure it out! I can't wait to see your Spriggan Kirito!!

So many cosplayers coming out of the woodwork! It's exciting. A good anime like this deserves to be in the limelight! I know my fiance and I are planning several of Asuna's and Kirito's costumes. I also want to do Lisabeth and he wants to eventually do Klein! I have a friend that's planning on doing Leafya and another planning Klein (which is ironically his last name LOL). I hope you all take pictures when you do yours and post them here!!!

I'm still trying to decide which version of Asuna I want to do first. Depending on time and money I might do one of her more causal outfits the one when she's at her home [the episode with the rabbit] or the outfit she wears on the episodes with the lake house [trying to stay spoiler free >.>]. I do eventually want to do her Blood Knight and Kobold costumes. And the ALO one at some point. And her last outfit....GUH pretty much all of them xD Personally for her Blood Knight and Kobold costumes. I'm thinking of using a white stretch poplin either that or Sateen (not satin..ugh). I haven't decided 100%. Poplin has a more uniform look.

What type of fabric would you suggest for Kriritos SAO jacket though? My hubby was talking about pleather but...we live and go to cons, in Florida.

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart

Last edited by LadySasha : 12-27-2012 at 01:10 PM.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #167
Talismand

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post

Eee!! So excited to see so much buzz about SAO! My fiance and I just finished watching it last week (we had been too busy working on a different series before and we finally got around to it)

Ichigo - I acutally just ordered this wig on ebay for my future Asuna costumes. Then again I'm going for her lighter color hair then the more orange. Though of the ones you posted I think either the first or 2nd one. The one from Moe Mall looks REALLY thin.

Jason - UGHH that foam board and glue!!! Its such a pain finding the right stuff. Wood might be your better option just know it'll probably be heavy X.x I hope you figure it out! I can't wait to see your Spriggan Kirito!!

So many cosplayers coming out of the woodwork! It's exciting. A good anime like this deserves to be in the limelight! I know my fiance and I are planning several of Asuna's and Kirito's costumes. I also want to do Lisabeth and he wants to eventually do Klein! I have a friend that's planning on doing Leafya and another planning Klein (which is ironically his last name LOL). I hope you all take pictures when you do yours and post them here!!!

I'm still trying to decide which version of Asuna I want to do first. Depending on time and money I might do one of her more causal outfits the one when she's at her home [the episode with the rabbit] or the outfit she wears on the episodes with the lake house [trying to stay spoiler free >.>]. I do eventually want to do her Blood Knight and Kobold costumes. And the ALO one at some point. And her last outfit....GUH pretty much all of them xD Personally for her Blood Knight and Kobold costumes. I'm thinking of using a white stretch poplin either that or Sateen (not satin..ugh). I haven't decided 100%. Poplin has a more uniform look.

What type of fabric would you suggest for Kriritos SAO jacket though? My hubby was talking about pleather but...we live and go to cons, in Florida.
Glad you liked the season as much as the rest of us and i know what you mean i go to cons in Florida as well and cosplay as irvine that jacket is a nightmare to ware in this heat but so worth it lol
Talismand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #168
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Talis- haha glad that someone knows the suffering!! Haha!

Also guys. Or at least for right now anyone interested in Cosplaying Asuna. I've been putting together references of each of her outfits in the anime. Trying to get screen caps of everything. I'm eventually going to put them on tumblr but I thought I'd share here first. Maybe they'll help you figure out the costumes? I'm still working on them but I have 4 so far. Here's what I have (Just click the name to see the pic also I don't know what everyone else is calling them but the names on here are my nicknames for them) :

Kobold Fight (this is the one I'm probably doing for Megacon next March)

Things to know: I couldn't get a clear shot of the boots but red (matching the rest of her outfit) would probably be your best bet. I also think they had a small heel? You can watch episode 2 "Beater" to see them. All the sequences that show them she's moving too much and I couldn't get a clear shot.

Lake House

Things to know: Pretty straight forward costume really. Not much to say about it.

Home Outfit

Things to know: umm this one pretty much speaks for itself too. Only thing that's hard to see is the bow on the back for that ribbon belt thing

Early Knights of the Blood Oath

Things to know: The boots for this one and the boots she wears in the lake house one are almost the same thing (they look almost exactly alike as far as I can tell). You could probably get away with having the same boots for both

That's all I have so far. Feel free to use them if you need them. Getting ready to work on her more popular costume which is probably going to take a lot longer (UGH THOSE DETAILS X.x) enjoy~

EvilCon 2014 - TBD

Facebook * Deviantart

Last edited by LadySasha : 12-28-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Unread 12-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #169
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post

I got ONE more try on this before I go to wood and spend way too much money lol
I'm gonna use thicker foam..I don't WANT to, but I have just about no choice..Oh well..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #170
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
I got ONE more try on this before I go to wood and spend way too much money lol
I'm gonna use thicker foam..I don't WANT to, but I have just about no choice..Oh well..
Good luck! I'll be rooting for you! I hope it works out!. Have you thought of maybe a thin wooden core and then putting smaller pieces of foam on either side. That way you have something to anchor the dowel on? You'd be able to use wood glue. Just a thought. I hope it works out though!

In other news: My wig shipped and my hubby's wig and my fabric for Asuna's shirt, vest and skirt was just ordered!! Also looking at fabrics. We decided to go with their outfits from episode 2 and work out way up to their other ones later on in the year (gotta do it around planning a wedding X.x). I'm super excited to start!!

EvilCon 2014 - TBD

Facebook * Deviantart

Last edited by LadySasha : 12-28-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Unread 12-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #171
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

That could work I guess..But I have NO idea how to even go about that..And it would still have the weight that I don't want on it..But anyway, I already made a huge sword with the same foam thickness I would try next..It will jsut be to thick to look the way I want..But I think I'll live..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:58 AM   #172
Soulflare

I stopped by LA's fashion district today to get fabric for Kirito's ALO coat. I wonder how many cosplayers frequent there because damn, streets lined with lots of shops full of fabric. Craziness. Sure we can just order anything online but it's much better being able to see and feel the fabric, especially when you're still just starting out and not familiar with what's out there.

Picked up the inside lining (don't know the name of it, it was just on an unlabeled roll) and for the outer fabric I went with a medium weight poplin.

Now...to figure out how I'm gonna fit it all in my luggage.
Soulflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #173
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Lady Sasha, I love you. Thank you for those!

Also! It turnes out I bought too much white cotton for a commission I'm working on so today I should begin work on Asuna's KBO outfit! D
Unread 12-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #174
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Sorry for the double post guys, but look what I did!!! DD
I've been working on Asuna non-stop for the past 3 days. It's taken me about 12 hours so far but I really like it!!! I still need to finish the chest piece, her belts and her sword. And I also have a few things to fix up such as one of the stripes on the stockings, one glove that came out too small and the long piece in the middle of the bodice is still a little crooked. But over all I LOVE it! I ordered my wig the other day too! I'm super exited to wear her! The stockings will be held up by spirit gum BTW. (:

Also, does anyone know a good way to make her sword... Most people use wood I've seen. Would that work well for someone who is prop incompetent?

Another thing, any suggestions on things to fix up? (:
Unread 12-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #175
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
Sorry for the double post guys, but look what I did!!! DD
I've been working on Asuna non-stop for the past 3 days. It's taken me about 12 hours so far but I really like it!!! I still need to finish the chest piece, her belts and her sword. And I also have a few things to fix up such as one of the stripes on the stockings, one glove that came out too small and the long piece in the middle of the bodice is still a little crooked. But over all I LOVE it! I ordered my wig the other day too! I'm super exited to wear her! The stockings will be held up by spirit gum BTW. (:

Also, does anyone know a good way to make her sword... Most people use wood I've seen. Would that work well for someone who is prop incompetent?

Another thing, any suggestions on things to fix up? (:
Ichigo: It looks fantastic! I wish I had your skills!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #176
iaShakezula

Ahhhh I am having a headache trying to figure out the skirt part of Kirito's ALO outfit.
PMX

I will be cosplaying all Sports Genre anime this time around.

Kuroko no Basket game shorts
Ace of Diamond Seido Team shirt
Haikyuu game uniform and team warmer
Baby Steps Ei- chans tournament shirt

iaShakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #177
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

@iaShakezula What I would do would be a circle skirt. (: Just like for the skirt part of my Asuna cosplay. Once you've made the circle skirt you can attach the belt part and other details. (:
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:16 AM   #178
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Ichigo, That looks awesome..I can't wait to see it!!

iaShakezula, that one is actually REALLY complicated..More then it needs to be..I will be making mine soon and I have it all planned out, but it's very difficult to put into words....I can't even make a blueprint..It's all in my head lol But the way I'm doing it should sork best..Since the "x" shape doesn't go all the way around, it makes things difficult..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:09 AM   #179
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Soulflare ~ I have cosplay friends who live around there. They never seem to go very often because even for them they have to plan at least a day there. I know my costume idol Lillyxandra does all her costuming shopping there. I'd KILL just to be able to visit it someday!

Ichigo - You're welcome :3 I know how frustrating finding references is, especially in anime. And I LOVE how your Asuna is coming out so far!!! How did you make the red around the edges look so good?! Is it bias tape? I always have the worst luck at making edges look nice =<

As for the sword, insulation foam board is an option but it can be pretty brittle if you don't cover it with something. I've seen people make some pretty awesome stuff with paper mache. If you have a garage looking into fiberglass resin isn't a bad idea. Its really not as scary to work with as you would think. We made several different weapons this year using various base methods and resin and they turned out pretty good.

Also, I'm about to start on her Kobold fight outfit and her skirt is more or less the same as the one that you made for this one. Like, I know how to make a skirt but how did you go about making the pleats look so perfect?

woooh i can't help but post books when I post anything on this forum. Sorry guys xD

EvilCon 2014 - TBD

Facebook * Deviantart
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:19 AM   #180
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

LadySasha, Oh, yes I know that lol I used gesso on my cloud sword:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3307531/
It held up at that con..I am basically gonna do the same thing..But in the style of Kirito's sword..lol it should stay together, I just don't really have the money for it right now lol But to do it in wood, I will be spending MORE and I can't afford to spend more lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)