Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #56446
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Hmmm... so I have a question for folks.

If anyone's paid any attention to my random ramblings, you'll know I'm working on a pony cosplay. After putting the finishing touches on my Derpy wings, I got my ears and decided to pin them to my hat to see what they looked like. And it looked... odd. It's a newsboy cap, specifically this one. As you can see, it puffs out at the top as per the style, to put pony ears on it would look unnatural. I've already got Pegasus wings, popping out from the sleeve holes of my capelet/vest thing (it's hard to explain)... In this case would it be okay to go without the ears or should I pin them upright more by the joint between cap and visor, closer to where my natural ears would be?
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #56447
kitsuneheart

I finally managed to make some more real progress on my Spirit!Zelda cosplay. I finished sketching the apron design and finished all but the painting on her armor piece. Take that cold bug that doesn't want me to work on cosplays!

Also, my little cosplay group finally has a complete Alice in Musicland cast!
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #56448
kitsuneheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post

If anyone's paid any attention to my random ramblings, you'll know I'm working on a pony cosplay. After putting the finishing touches on my Derpy wings, I got my ears and decided to pin them to my hat to see what they looked like. And it looked... odd. It's a newsboy cap, specifically this one. As you can see, it puffs out at the top as per the style, to put pony ears on it would look unnatural. I've already got Pegasus wings, popping out from the sleeve holes of my capelet/vest thing (it's hard to explain)... In this case would it be okay to go without the ears or should I pin them upright more by the joint between cap and visor, closer to where my natural ears would be?
I'd just try playing with the placement first. ^^
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #56449
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsuneheart View Post
I'd just try playing with the placement first. ^^
Well, that's how I know they look really weird on the cap. ^^; By the natural ears seems better, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to put them there or not... It all comes down to "Are pony ears necessary to make a pony cosplay?" I guess. :/ Especially since the way the hat fits on my head, my wig hair will move around so that my normal ears are visible - not that that really matters I suppose...
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #56450
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Wore my new cosplay boots all day today and they are super comfortable and don't hurt at all. I say they are convention ready!
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #56451
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

So after my other friend mentioned that I should cosplay from Jackie Chan Adventures, I talked about it with another friend and he's down for it. He's willing to do Uncle from the show XD Still not sure I would go through with it and people may not recognize it, but it sure would be hilarious! Lol, I got the Asian thing down at least!
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #56452
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
So after my other friend mentioned that I should cosplay from Jackie Chan Adventures, I talked about it with another friend and he's down for it. He's willing to do Uncle from the show XD Still not sure I would go through with it and people may not recognize it, but it sure would be hilarious! Lol, I got the Asian thing down at least!
DO IT. DOOOOOO EEEEEET.
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #56453
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

So... since usps hasn't updated the status of my packages, I'm starting to think they're putting it on a boat and not flying it to me. If they were flying it I would have been notified because it has to go thru the sort machine at the airport... So instead of getting my mail tomorrow, I won't get them for 3 more weeks. Which sucks majorly, it shouldn't take mail 3 weeks to get to me from California by boat but it does sometimes because the us postal service is old fashioned. *sigh* Can't do anything about it though.

Really kinda sad about it too and unmotivated to work on cosplay now that my wigs are going to take much longer then expected.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #56454
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post

I can see why it would be really weird looking. I think see how it looks with ears in the "natural" position. I think it would be fine without ears(It's a gijinka right?). You have the wings which would be a huge indicator I think. ^_^

Does anyone know how to remove hot glue from wood? :/ The pommel is attached nicely to the hilt at the moment but there is glue that seeped out and it's bugging the heck out of me. If this wasn't a competition cosplay I would not be caring this much. >_<

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #56455
Mr Zero

Going to a cosplay New year's eve party. Now to figure out what cosplay to use
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 05:03 AM   #56456
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I can see why it would be really weird looking. I think see how it looks with ears in the "natural" position. I think it would be fine without ears(It's a gijinka right?). You have the wings which would be a huge indicator I think. ^_^

Does anyone know how to remove hot glue from wood? :/ The pommel is attached nicely to the hilt at the moment but there is glue that seeped out and it's bugging the heck out of me. If this wasn't a competition cosplay I would not be caring this much. >_<
Trim it down with a knife? That's usually what I do when I have excess hot glue beads. It's pretty soft and easy to cut into.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #56457
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Ugh. I've talked myself into frogging and restarting my Seventh Doctor arm-warmer. I don't need it done until Dragon*Con, but it's still frustrating restarting something. Stupid pattern stupid needing to float the yarn. Grrrrr...

2015 Plans: Ohayocon, MARcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #56458
ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyCiel View Post
Had a dream I was at a single day con, in which my expensive Ciel cosplay went totally missing and I ended up cosplaying as Russia instead. For some reason my Russia boots were heels instead though and everything kept going wrong.
Apparently stressing over cosplay related things gives you anxiety related cosplay dreams, which aren't as pleasant as normal cosplay dreams are.
As someone who has never had the fortune of having a cosplay dream, I kind of envy you in a strange nerdy way. Even the anxiety-related ones must be interesting to wake up to.

facebook page // nh cosplay events
Next event: Free Comic Book Day

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Actively constructing : Cloud, Zexion, Lie Ren
Back burner : Absol gijinka, Soren, Vaati
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #56459
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

The part on Hatori's wig is driving me crazy. It looks great on the wig head, but when I try it on I can't see. Bah.

More trimming, I guess! >.>
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #56460
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

The fabric I want for Yusuke's pants went on sale! Very very happy!