Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1129 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #56461
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
So after my other friend mentioned that I should cosplay from Jackie Chan Adventures, I talked about it with another friend and he's down for it. He's willing to do Uncle from the show XD Still not sure I would go through with it and people may not recognize it, but it sure would be hilarious! Lol, I got the Asian thing down at least!
DO IT. DOOOOOO EEEEEET.
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #56462
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

So... since usps hasn't updated the status of my packages, I'm starting to think they're putting it on a boat and not flying it to me. If they were flying it I would have been notified because it has to go thru the sort machine at the airport... So instead of getting my mail tomorrow, I won't get them for 3 more weeks. Which sucks majorly, it shouldn't take mail 3 weeks to get to me from California by boat but it does sometimes because the us postal service is old fashioned. *sigh* Can't do anything about it though.

Really kinda sad about it too and unmotivated to work on cosplay now that my wigs are going to take much longer then expected.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #56463
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
Hmmm... so I have a question for folks.

If anyone's paid any attention to my random ramblings, you'll know I'm working on a pony cosplay. After putting the finishing touches on my Derpy wings, I got my ears and decided to pin them to my hat to see what they looked like. And it looked... odd. It's a newsboy cap, specifically this one. As you can see, it puffs out at the top as per the style, to put pony ears on it would look unnatural. I've already got Pegasus wings, popping out from the sleeve holes of my capelet/vest thing (it's hard to explain)... In this case would it be okay to go without the ears or should I pin them upright more by the joint between cap and visor, closer to where my natural ears would be?
I can see why it would be really weird looking. I think see how it looks with ears in the "natural" position. I think it would be fine without ears(It's a gijinka right?). You have the wings which would be a huge indicator I think. ^_^

Does anyone know how to remove hot glue from wood? :/ The pommel is attached nicely to the hilt at the moment but there is glue that seeped out and it's bugging the heck out of me. If this wasn't a competition cosplay I would not be caring this much. >_<

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #56464
Mr Zero

Going to a cosplay New year's eve party. Now to figure out what cosplay to use
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 05:03 AM   #56465
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I can see why it would be really weird looking. I think see how it looks with ears in the "natural" position. I think it would be fine without ears(It's a gijinka right?). You have the wings which would be a huge indicator I think. ^_^

Does anyone know how to remove hot glue from wood? :/ The pommel is attached nicely to the hilt at the moment but there is glue that seeped out and it's bugging the heck out of me. If this wasn't a competition cosplay I would not be caring this much. >_<
Trim it down with a knife? That's usually what I do when I have excess hot glue beads. It's pretty soft and easy to cut into.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #56466
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Ugh. I've talked myself into frogging and restarting my Seventh Doctor arm-warmer. I don't need it done until Dragon*Con, but it's still frustrating restarting something. Stupid pattern stupid needing to float the yarn. Grrrrr...

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #56467
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyCiel View Post
Had a dream I was at a single day con, in which my expensive Ciel cosplay went totally missing and I ended up cosplaying as Russia instead. For some reason my Russia boots were heels instead though and everything kept going wrong.
Apparently stressing over cosplay related things gives you anxiety related cosplay dreams, which aren't as pleasant as normal cosplay dreams are.
As someone who has never had the fortune of having a cosplay dream, I kind of envy you in a strange nerdy way. Even the anxiety-related ones must be interesting to wake up to.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #56468
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

The part on Hatori's wig is driving me crazy. It looks great on the wig head, but when I try it on I can't see. Bah.

More trimming, I guess! >.>

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #56469
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

The fabric I want for Yusuke's pants went on sale! Very very happy!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #56470
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Aaaaaah, my wig is five hours upstate as of last night. I was hoping by some miracle it would come today, but I guess not. Sigh, I guess it'll be here on Wednesday then...
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 07:29 PM   #56471
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Well I guess I was productive today. I finished the suspenders for Pascal's shorts and now I need to make the pouches she has on it. Those pouches though. Ugh. I tried three times before deciding to call it quits for now. I was getting severely frustrated at the last try. Really have no idea what I'm doing wrong. *sigh* I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #56472
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Went to a cosplay New Year's Eve party as Sakyo from Yu Yu Hakusho and wound up spending most of the day as Tuxedo Mask again XD I got pictures though! Actual good pictures! And my friend had a white mask so I got to have a mask when I wasn't sure i'd be ale to.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #56473
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Got a brand new sewing machine today! I saved up sooo long for it. I'm going to be practicing on it for the next few days. I'll try and upload pictures of it sometime. Now all I need is a wig, though I'm always too scared to ask for one. ;w; It's not very expensive so I don't see why mother wouldn't buy me one.

It will be 2013 in an hour :O

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #56474
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

I'm once again seriously considering giving my Souji Seta/Yu Narukami wig a haircut. Having wig hair cover my eyes while skating is not fun.

Speaking of, the Annual Toronto Cosplay Skating Event last Saturday was a lot of fun. There were a lot of cosplayers there, ranging from Doctor Who, Persona, Vocaloid, Assassin's Creed, My Little Pony and Marvel Comics. There was this one really good Iron Man in the colors of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

No pics from me, but a funny little story. After an hour of skating, I posted on Facebook that I "just went skating and haven't fallen on my ass... yet." A couple of hours later, I fell on my ass and said Souji/Yu wig fell off. Ironically, it wasn't from skating but rather from standing still on the ice, talking to a Phoenix Wright cosplayer and an Izanagi cosplayer about the Persona series. All three of us were having issues standing on the ice and had to help each other out to keep steady. My fall came too suddenly to react.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 12-31-2012 at 10:29 PM.
seiryuux is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #56475
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Got Twlight Sparkle's skirt pieces cut out, the pleats pinned and pressed, and I'm hoping to get the pocket sewn, hem and side seam sewn, the pleats staystitched and the waistband pinned for tomorrow. Also still gotta sew my hoof-pieces including the elastic band/tops, finish a few handstitched things on Quorra, take in my blouse a bit, AND fix the waistband gap in a pair of my jeans. All before Wednesday afternoon. /flail

And it's not helped that I'm having a dizziness problem that's making it hard to sew OR get the exercise I pretty well got none of last week and need to catch up on (I THINK I'm getting a cold, maybe my ears are clogged, I dunno, but I felt like crap on Saturday because of it, was well enough to go to work and of course do no other sewing work yesterday and I woke up dizzy again today and it's still there but not debilitating).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote