Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Seyyed
Majestic Oakenshield

The Hobbit: Fili wig???

I've got my sights set on a Fili cosplay, but I'm having a hard time finding a wig to fit the part and I'm really hoping somebody here can help. I'm looking for something with a good bit of wave to it, medium to long length, with long bangs that are either already styled back or can be styled back from the head into a loose ponytail at the back of the head. Also, it'd be great if it was thick enough for some braiding at the sides like Fili's... though, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of adding in more hair myself if need be, but I'd really rather not have to - I've only done it once and it was a nightmare It'd be great to not repeat the situation. I'm also willing to dye the thing if the same shade of blonde can't be found...

As far as pricing goes, I'm willing to entertain anything if it's of quality and matches the costume reasonably. However, the cheaper the better.

References:

Seyyed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Akune-chan

You should ask Arda on their FB page. They might be able to help.
Unread 01-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Faraday
oh modern man.

The closet color Arda has to Fili's hair is their Sandy Brown and I'd highly recommend getting a lace front -- like their Matilda. It has softer waves than his hair and you're most likely going to need to cut some length off, like 4-5".
I did find this on ebay and despite the lighter blonde streak in the front, I'd say it's a pretty good match in regards to base color, hairline and style as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Long-HEAT-OK... em25791d6f49
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
Seyyed
Majestic Oakenshield

Thanks so much to both of you!
I've never purchased from Arda, but they seem like a real fan favorite so I'll probably go that route...

If either of you have any experience with their wigs, can you tell me how difficult it would be to put a bit more curl/wave into a style like the Matilda? Would it hold up well throughout the day?
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
Faraday
oh modern man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyyed View Post
Thanks so much to both of you!
I've never purchased from Arda, but they seem like a real fan favorite so I'll probably go that route...

If either of you have any experience with their wigs, can you tell me how difficult it would be to put a bit more curl/wave into a style like the Matilda? Would it hold up well throughout the day?
Curling any wig requires a bit of patience, haha. Arda wigs are heat resistant so you can use a curling iron on it instead of just boiling water and pouring that over the wig. If you decide to use a curling iron I suggest winding the curl back up and pinning it in place to let the fiber cool in that size/shape so it actually takes the curl.
Also remember that the size of the curler or barrel will produce different styles of curls, so definitely use a tool that's bigger than an inch in circumference to produce more of a wave than an actual curl.

Arda's wigs also hold styles pretty well as long as you take care of them. when you're done with it at the end of the day, gently brush it and place it back into the hair net it comes in. (you can even pin the curls back in place before packing it up for a longer haul if you so wish)
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Seyyed
Majestic Oakenshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraday View Post
Arda wigs are heat resistant so you can use a curling iron on it instead of just boiling water and pouring that over the wig...

Arda's wigs also hold styles pretty well as long as you take care of them...
That sounds wonderful! Thanks again!