Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #5026
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry
 
Arc_The_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
I just typed rubber animal mask into ebay and found loads. Decent ones that aren't horse heads are a bit pricey.
I really hate buying online is the thing, but it should be ok, I have yet to actually go to the big costume store they have in town.

Gotta find a pig mask..
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:11 AM   #5027
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator
 
MaiSheri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Somedays I'll put on makeup even if I am not going anywhere. Then prance around feeling like a pretty princess. Other-times I shave one armpit and don't feel like doing the other. Like I'll get really super into shaving and do an amazing job and I am blown away by the smoothness of my skin after shaving but then I have to do the other half and realizing that I have to double my efforts to finish properly just overwhelms me.

I hope no stores have an 'evenly shaved appendages' rule because I am never getting a job if that's the case.
Pretty sure I have said this before, but Emmers, you are amazing.
__________________
Conventions for 2014! KW Tri-Con, Con-G, Nerd Fest, Ad-Astra, Costume Con, Anime North, Colossal Con
Cosplay Blog and full Gallery: MaiSheriCostumes.com
MaiSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:06 AM   #5028
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,164
First, going to ask if anyone on here can help in anyway, or if they know of "happy" endings with this situation. But, okay.

I am guilty of using a site called "MoneyPak" and I'm sad to say I'm trusted them a little too much with money that was to be used for commissions for cosplays. But how can you not trust them if the first thing you see is that they are promoted by Paypal and promise you that you can get money put into your account? I tried to do as they said, and it was alright til I got to the verify information part and WHOOP! Denied! Try it again, then it says, "Thank you, we will send you a refund via check in the next 7-10 days." WHAT. I did not ask for a refund, I only tried putting money I loaded into the account.

I call the company immediately pissed at this, and what I get is this stammering man who drones on, and on about how they cannot help me. They can only offer a refund. I check online, and then just groan when I see there are a TON of reviews for the people saying the same exact thing (minus "stammering man") though more of the older ones said that they never answered their calls, or had to wait a long time. Lucky me not getting something like that but most people say either they don't get a refund, they get it late or just in general they need to badger them constantly, and threaten to sue.

I'm screwed, and I just wanted to pay for commissions. The amount I have lost- 250.

My only question? Has anyone dealt with these guys and did you ever have the same problem or get your money?
SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:31 AM   #5029
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...
 
BisectedBrioche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,737
FFS, my computer's been acting strangly for a while (crashes, the SSD getting corrupted, etc), so it's clearly a hardware problem. My dad (who has the only means by which I can transport it to the repair shop) doesn't understand why the repair shop (who he has a repair/IT contract of some sort with) can't fix the problem remotely.
__________________
Me on deviantArt.
Me on TV Tropes.
Me on twitter.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #5030
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWonderusMary View Post
First, going to ask if anyone on here can help in anyway, or if they know of "happy" endings with this situation. But, okay.

I am guilty of using a site called "MoneyPak" and I'm sad to say I'm trusted them a little too much with money that was to be used for commissions for cosplays. But how can you not trust them if the first thing you see is that they are promoted by Paypal and promise you that you can get money put into your account? I tried to do as they said, and it was alright til I got to the verify information part and WHOOP! Denied! Try it again, then it says, "Thank you, we will send you a refund via check in the next 7-10 days." WHAT. I did not ask for a refund, I only tried putting money I loaded into the account.

I call the company immediately pissed at this, and what I get is this stammering man who drones on, and on about how they cannot help me. They can only offer a refund. I check online, and then just groan when I see there are a TON of reviews for the people saying the same exact thing (minus "stammering man") though more of the older ones said that they never answered their calls, or had to wait a long time. Lucky me not getting something like that but most people say either they don't get a refund, they get it late or just in general they need to badger them constantly, and threaten to sue.

I'm screwed, and I just wanted to pay for commissions. The amount I have lost- 250.

My only question? Has anyone dealt with these guys and did you ever have the same problem or get your money?
That's some shady sounding crap. Unfortunately I haven't heard of them until you mentioned them so I don't have personal experiences.

I would file a report with the better business bureau firstly. If you can, get hold of your bank that you transferred your money from and explain the situation and ask if they can help filing a report against the company. I am not sure what they can do, if anything. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Secondly I would contact Paypal and explain in detail your situation with this website and request that they no longer sponsor this page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
FFS, my computer's been acting strangly for a while (crashes, the SSD getting corrupted, etc), so it's clearly a hardware problem. My dad (who has the only means by which I can transport it to the repair shop) doesn't understand why the repair shop (who he has a repair/IT contract of some sort with) can't fix the problem remotely.
Your dad sounds a lot like my mom.

Her computer, a Dell Dimension from like 6 years ago, was reading a disk drive error and instead of doing what I asked her to do she followed what my sister said and went out and bought some Mac laptop that she's super impressed with because it's 'only 7 inches' and she can hook up her old monitor to it. The computer she bought isn't anything special and I could have saved her the money and at least given her an idea on what was wrong with her Dell or at least given her a suggestion on a not-so-shitty computer to buy to replace it
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #5031
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin
 
UsakoLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
FFS, my computer's been acting strangly for a while (crashes, the SSD getting corrupted, etc), so it's clearly a hardware problem. My dad (who has the only means by which I can transport it to the repair shop) doesn't understand why the repair shop (who he has a repair/IT contract of some sort with) can't fix the problem remotely.
Does he expect them to send in flying robots or something?
__________________
Wanna hear me ramble?
@usakoluna
Amusement of A Princess
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #5032
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Does he expect them to send in flying robots or something?

Master Shortpants.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #5033
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
That's some shady sounding crap. Unfortunately I haven't heard of them until you mentioned them so I don't have personal experiences.

I would file a report with the better business bureau firstly. If you can, get hold of your bank that you transferred your money from and explain the situation and ask if they can help filing a report against the company. I am not sure what they can do, if anything. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Secondly I would contact Paypal and explain in detail your situation with this website and request that they no longer sponsor this page.

it
Sadly for me, and probably many others the company is one of those "loadable cards" from gas stations/CVS stores and I put cash in there. I doubt the place I got it from will Refund it either. And I'll contact them if it goes out of hand. I need to wait for the time limit they gave to see if they really DO send a check in the mail. I also never heard of it til recently, and seeing that it advertised being able to transfer funds onto paypal? I gave it a try.

My friend was actually rather surprised about my problem with them saying she used them before for a year and it worked perfectly. She never bought a recent one though, it was in 2010 and all the complaints are from late 2010-present.

I'll also do that, but half of the complaints online also go on to say how they contact paypal of it and they either send you back to MoneyPak and say it's been a known problem and that they're working to do something.

Ugh...I feel like just total crap for not searching them more to make sure I didn't get caught in a mess like this.
__________________
Convention List:
-Holiday Matsuri 2014
-Mega-con 2015 (maybe)
-Metro-con 2015
-AWA 2015

Cosplay List:
-Joker (Black Butler)
-Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
-Julius Monrey (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Aura Blackquill (Ace Attorney)
-Inuyasha

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #5034
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWonderusMary View Post
Sadly for me, and probably many others the company is one of those "loadable cards" from gas stations/CVS stores and I put cash in there. I doubt the place I got it from will Refund it either. And I'll contact them if it goes out of hand. I need to wait for the time limit they gave to see if they really DO send a check in the mail. I also never heard of it til recently, and seeing that it advertised being able to transfer funds onto paypal? I gave it a try.

My friend was actually rather surprised about my problem with them saying she used them before for a year and it worked perfectly. She never bought a recent one though, it was in 2010 and all the complaints are from late 2010-present.

I'll also do that, but half of the complaints online also go on to say how they contact paypal of it and they either send you back to MoneyPak and say it's been a known problem and that they're working to do something.

Ugh...I feel like just total crap for not searching them more to make sure I didn't get caught in a mess like this.

Don't feel too bad, a trusted source recommended them to you so you put your faith in them. It's like all of the various websites CosCom advertises; you trust Coscom so you trust the businesses they advertise. Now you know in the future to do more looking into things and that's something good to take from this.

Even if Paypal seems dismissive about your message to them it still helps build up a case against MoneyPak. It also lets them know that more and more people are having issues with the company and all anyone is asking for is that Paypal does not provide sponsorship to this company, not that they hold Paypal responsible for MoneyPak's actions.

If this seems to be a recent issue in the company I am willing to bet that a change has been made somewhere in the staffing and the individuals running the company are not trustworthy. It's really unfortunate that what seems to be a once reputable company has turned on it's customers, I hope this get's sorted out for you.

Are they offering you a FULL refund or a partial one?

Hopefully the artist you commissioned is willing to wait for this to be sorted out.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #5035
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...
 
BisectedBrioche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Does he expect them to send in flying robots or something?
He seems to be thinking more along the lines of sending magic repair beams/instructions to me via their chat client/email.

The fact that, regardless of skill, I might not have the equipment to fix my PC seems to elude him.
__________________
Me on deviantArt.
Me on TV Tropes.
Me on twitter.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #5036
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy
 
Fabulousity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,915
Pity party over. Never mind lol
__________________
Mami Tomoe (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) - 50% complete
Queen Elsa (Frozen) - 50%
Elphaba [Emerald City inspired dress] (Wicked) - 100%
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------

Last edited by Fabulousity : 12-31-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #5037
mmmeggg
I do as I please.
 
mmmeggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,927
If my Marceline wig and body paint don't get here by Saturday which is THE DAY I'M SUPPOSED TO BE COSPLAYING HER I swear to God...
__________________
Upcoming events:
SacAnime Winter 2015
Cosplaying:
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Sunday: Meg Masters (Supernatural)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #5038
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care
 
TeaForThought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 607
Dear 2013...
Go back to wherever you came from, because you're not wanted here. You're causing nothing but a shit pile of trouble and pain, and I'd really appreciate you backing the hell off and going away. But I know my wish won't be granted. So kindly just strike me ill or kick my ass even harder so I don't know the difference. Thanks in advance. Be sure to drive away my friends too so I can just get this over with, since I get the sense it'll happen again anyway.
Sincerely a seriously pissed off and miserable being
__________________
"People do not care. If you cannot keep up, you will lose everything."
ďItís not how tragically we suffer, but how miraculously we live.Ē
ďThis above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.Ē

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #5039
Mr Zero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 170
One of my best female friends was hurt pretty bad by her ex-boyfriend this past summer, and now they are talking again and she seems like she will give him another chance. They had gone out for about 2 months or so before their original breakup. I'll let her make her own decision but I had something similar happen with me and I did not give my ex another chance once she realized that I was a better person than her current boyfriend at the time. I have talked to her about it but the choice is up to her. Hopefully she won't be hurt again by the same person
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #5040
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry
 
Arc_The_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,688
Naw dude, naw.

Toss that plebeian to the curb.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.