Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 109 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #181
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Sasha! Yes it is bias tape around my edges. (: I've worked with normal resin before (I'm not sure if there's a difference or not xD) but that may be a good option. I'll go take a look at materials today! Thank you! And the pleats actually started as 2 inch box pleats, but I didn't like that look so now they're just normal knife pleats about an inch apart (to be honest I only guess how far apart they were, I'm lazy xD)

(:

Unread 12-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #182
iaShakezula

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
@iaShakezula What I would do would be a circle skirt. (: Just like for the skirt part of my Asuna cosplay. Once you've made the circle skirt you can attach the belt part and other details. (:
I understand what you are suggesting.

JasonTerror , yeap that part is complicated.

I got the long skirt figured out , I copied my FMA soldier skirt wrap , but its the X part in the front that extends toward the back ... it doesnt make sence its, basically the belt piece.

So I am planning to make that part totally separate and put a small zipper in the mid back so I can actually fit it around my waist , the opening on the belt in not wide enough. If the belt is tighten too much on the front, it will distort the triangle opening .

I am also thinking separating the belt top and attach the skirt to it and X part will just layer over .
That might be not a bad idea.

I will post again which way would look best.

My top is almost done except for the shoulder shield pad on the left . I have material to make that part but I cant move forward until I solve this one.

PMX SIZE="2"]

I am almost done working on the Sports cosplay.I have to finish Barakamon Sensei jinbei and red miku outfit.

[/size]

Last edited by iaShakezula : 12-31-2012 at 12:54 PM.
iaShakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #183
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Jason - The cloud sword looks great!! I hope your spriggan sword turns out for you!

Ichigo - Haha I eyeball when I do pleats too. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. And by regular resin do you mean like easy cast? Cuz fiberglass resin is a bit different. You actually brush it on over whatever you're working on. (just don't ever do it directly on foam. It'll eat it). It also smells pretty terrible and you have to sand it. It can be a lot of work but it's SO worth it.

iaShakezula - cant wait to see pictures of your progress!

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #184
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

LadySasha, thank you. I hope so too lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #185
iaShakezula

Ok , I made drawings after drawings to see how to go about this.

I decide to do a the x part as a second separate layer to put over the skirt like a mini skirt lol . The diamond on the side will be patches so I can adjust the best position for it. THe belt in the front will be a 50 % functional belt only , the low profile zipper in the back will be the key so I can put it on and over my hip lol.

wish me luck ,,,,,,

PMX SIZE="2"]

I am almost done working on the Sports cosplay.I have to finish Barakamon Sensei jinbei and red miku outfit.

[/size]

Last edited by iaShakezula : 12-31-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Unread 12-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #186
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Are you saying it will be a section on top of the longer one, that goes all the way around? That's a good idea..Me being me, I won't do that because I Will go all crazy cuz of inaccuracy, but If you want, before you start it, I can make some drawings and show you what I am doing..It's fairly simple..But it's just hard to explain lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 12-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #187
iaShakezula

yes its basically on top of the long piece.It will have that long strap as well. Its funny I have seen drawings of it in the anime that the back part actually flipped up separating from the long skirt.

I made a mock model one over the long piece and Its actually not bad at all. The only thing it will have that invisible zipper in the back .

And all will have lining underneath

PMX SIZE="2"]

[/size]

Last edited by iaShakezula : 12-31-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #188
Soulflare

LadySasha: Yeah, I wish I had planned better. Took me 3 hours to find & choose the coat material. =/ I fly to LA at least once a year, and will definitely have a plan for next time. Also going to start putting a swatch book together so eventually I can just order everything online.

Ichigo: looking great! The only thing I'd point out was the chest piece being translucent (could see the red trim underneath) but you already said you're still working on it. So it looks like you're doing well!

iaShakezula: post pics of your belt when you have it sorted out!

I think my resolution will be to not procrastinate on costumes, even if the one con I attend (Dragon*Con) is still 9 months away. On that note, Happy New Year all!
Soulflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #189
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

I don't know when exactly I'll be wearing it, but I'll be making LAO Kirito to match SakuraxTsubasa's LAO Asuna!

My gosh I am so excited to make those wings and those swords. <333
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #190
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaShakezula View Post
yes its basically on top of the long piece.It will have that long strap as well. Its funny I have seen drawings of it in the anime that the back part actually flipped up separating from the long skirt.

I made a mock model one over the long piece and Its actually not bad at all. The only thing it will have that invisible zipper in the back .

And all will have lining underneath
OH DAMN I totally forgot he has that strap that wraps around....I'm guessing that strap will be the bottom hem of your "mini skirt thing" tight? I totally get your idea if that's it..And you shouldn't need a zipper though..If you make it have that buckle at the top, you should be able to make that tight enough and the rest will be wide wnough to just slip on..Thus making it more accurate. just an idea..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 01-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #191
iaShakezula

I know its not going to be accurate but the zipper was something I have to add or else it wont fit thru my hips lol ,
if i make that piece wider to accomodate my hips and then tighten the belt it will distort the inverted triangle shape in the front. When I made my mock piece , thats what I saw.

Maybe if your hip is the same width as your waist then it wouldnt be an issue.

anway Its getting there.

but I totally forgot to look for a double prong buckle and Tandy is not near me dammmm .Kirito's belt where the buckle will be is 2 inches wide, so I might have to make a fake one and I am getting one online.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190676333940&ssPageNam e=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

PMX SIZE="2"]

[/size]

Last edited by iaShakezula : 01-01-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #192
~Shana~
Make a contract with me!

I'm debuting my Silica cosplay at an upcoming con and I'm SUPER nervous! Anyone have any cute idea's for poses for Silica? I have no props whatsoever (no pina or weapons of any sort) I dieted for this cosplay for about 6 months but I think I've gained everything back! D:

Con list 2014
ALA
Fanime
Anime Expo
Anime California
PMX
~Shana~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #193
Falclon

I finally decided I'm planning on doing Asuna's blue outfit from the very end of the series. This picture is a little inaccurate but it's this one. http://static.zerochan.net/Yuuki.Asuna.full.1365277.jpg
Unread 01-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #194
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

@Shana Just be cute! Alot of the stuff you did for Madoka looks like it would work for Silica as well. (:

@Falclon: That outfit is so cute! I'm sure it'd look great on you! (:
Unread 01-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #195
iaShakezula

ahhh so many parts ....taking a break from it . I am working on my K project shirt right now ,,,,simpler to make .....

PMX SIZE="2"]

[/size]