Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 01-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #1
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Tifa crossplay help?

So I figure this is the best place for this..Since it has nothing to do with making anything on the clothes..

So, I was planning a Tifa crossplay:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tifa_Lockhart
(The main pic near the top, in her original game outfit)

So She has a LOW cut top that exposes her cleavage..This is something that will obviously bring up a problem, me being a guy and all..
So I looked at the falsies thread, but those are more for no cleavage as they won't show any..So am I kinda screwed here? Or is there a way to make it looks like I really have boobs and realistic cleavage?

Thank you
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
TheseTwoPeople

Nice choice, crossplaying as Tifa. She's probably my favourite female Final Fantasy character.
I remember, one time when I was dressing up, I had a strapless dress on that required me to have boobs so it would stay on better. Being the low-to-no budget person I am, I just used socks.
But here's an interesting thing you can also do. First, Tifa has big boobs. You already knew that. Anyhoo, get a bra that you think is close to her cup size. Find a circular object, hold it up near your pectoral, trace a small part of the circle with a brown eyeliner. Repeat this on the other side, using the same circular object you used before. Make sure the two marks aren't too far apart or too close together. Blend it out, and you should get a nice shape, almost like a Y shape. A good tip is to start small with the liner, because with cleavage, the lines should get darker as you go down.
As for filling the bra, I'm no expert. Usually I just use anything, socks, toilet paper, whatever. But maybe someone else here can help you with that. Good luck ^.^
TheseTwoPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

If you are brave enough to buy them, Walmart has actually silicone enhancements down by the bras (Atleast at my local walmart).... I picked up two boxes of them. They work quite well. I figure since that is what they are used for, it might look and feel a bit more natural. When wearing them, I hardly remember they are there. They are cold at first touch, then they feel like they have become part of you.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Sayoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
nathancarter
Victor Voyeur Photography

I disagree - in the artwork for the original game, I don't think the tanktop scoops so low that you have to worry about showing off cleavage. in this one, the collar is right underneath her collarbones: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tifa_Lockhart_art.png

http://flickr.com/nathancarter
https://www.facebook.com/VictorVoyeur
MetroCon - CONjure - Dragon Con - MegaCon
nathancarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Oh....Now that I take a closer look you're right..Hmm..Guess I was wrong..Well either way I have OTHER ones that need it so I guess the question still remains but for other cosplays too..Or just in general as a "how to do this" kinda thing..

I understand the whole using makeup on the chest to give illusion, but that isn't going to do much when you have a flat chest..

That walmart idea sounds good though. but wouldn't it be obvious that I'm wearing them when the top of the breasts are suppose to be exposed? This is the part I'm not understanding about really any ideas so far..Cleavage is some of the skin from the breasts being exposed, meaning I would NEED breasts to make the look be realistic rather then just having drawing on my skin with a gap where the skin would be (which to me would look bad), or buying fake cup like ones (I have seen them before) because they are just like a flat material that has been rounded off so I don't know how they would look at the top up against the rest of my skin..Wouldn;t you be able to notice that there is a line on the body where the fake ones end and the real skin begins?
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Oh....Now that I take a closer look you're right..Hmm..Guess I was wrong..Well either way I have OTHER ones that need it so I guess the question still remains but for other cosplays too..Or just in general as a "how to do this" kinda thing..

I understand the whole using makeup on the chest to give illusion, but that isn't going to do much when you have a flat chest..

That walmart idea sounds good though. but wouldn't it be obvious that I'm wearing them when the top of the breasts are suppose to be exposed? This is the part I'm not understanding about really any ideas so far..Cleavage is some of the skin from the breasts being exposed, meaning I would NEED breasts to make the look be realistic rather then just having drawing on my skin with a gap where the skin would be (which to me would look bad), or buying fake cup like ones (I have seen them before) because they are just like a flat material that has been rounded off so I don't know how they would look at the top up against the rest of my skin..Wouldn;t you be able to notice that there is a line on the body where the fake ones end and the real skin begins?

Well, what I would do probably, is try to get those silicone enhancers, then POSSIBLY try to get a skin-tone shapewear to wear OVER the bra holding the falsies. Of course, you can see the shapewear around the neck, but maybe from there, it would be an easier fix? :P

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Sayoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

I can try that. see what happens..Thanks
Unread 01-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
Identity-Crisis

You could try something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJN1qiO6kQs
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:47 AM   #9
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Omg I love that vid..thank you. This is exactly what I needed you life saver, you!!!!
Unread 01-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #10
Identity-Crisis

No problem c:
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote