Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime LA

Unread 12-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Amethyst Nat

Any Proffesor Layton or Phoeni Wright Cosplayers?

So my friends and I will be cosplaying a Proffesor Layton group, , and wondered if there would be any other Layton, and now by extant Phoenix wright and other related games, cosplayers,.
If so, it might be fun to organize a gathering!
Amethyst Nat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
MelodicMadness
Cosplay Obsessed

Hi there! I was thinking of doing a general Nintendo gathering to hopefully get more people to show up. These both fall under that so maybe we can get something together If you want to help me out with the Nintendo gathering, the link is here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=309125
Hopefully it works out ^^
MelodicMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
RokanaKatsebaki
Rokana

I know of a Pheonix Wright Cosplayer going for sure! I just don't know which day he is doing it!!
RokanaKatsebaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Bm-Atticus
Cumberpunch Cosplay!

I'll be doing my usual female Phoenix Wright (hopefully with a new wig, haha) and my friend is going as Male Phoenix and my OTHER friend is going as Maya. So it looks like a good sized group.
Bm-Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
MagicianCelemis

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bm-Atticus View Post
I'll be doing my usual female Phoenix Wright (hopefully with a new wig, haha) and my friend is going as Male Phoenix and my OTHER friend is going as Maya. So it looks like a good sized group.
OMG GUYS, on Day 2 Saturday, my sister and I are cosplaying as Professor Layton and Jean Descole (from the Professor Layton game series) I TOTALLY WANT TO MEET UP WITH YOU PHOENIX WRIGHT PEOPLE!!! Please reply soon!
MagicianCelemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
Shugo the Fox
White and Nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokanaKatsebaki View Post
I know of a Pheonix Wright Cosplayer going for sure! I just don't know which day he is doing it!!
Well lookie who I found.

Joe and I might be going as Phoenix and Godot on day 2.

Not 100% certain on that, but I plan on going as Serge on day 1 and Joe might go as Ryu on day 1 like he normally does.
  • Pacific Media Expo 2014

Cosplays
  • Serge - Chrono Cross
  • Paper Mario
  • Godot - Phoenix Wright
  • Kenji Mitsusada - Cardfight! Vanguard
  • Shugo - Original Character Cosplay
Shugo the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Amethyst Nat

I'm glad to hear you're all interested ! the problem it sounds like most of you will cosplay this on day 2, and thats when my friend and I were doing the voclaoid cosplay and the Vocaloid gathering is at 1:20. so if we did this, it would have to be in the morning like around 10 or 11. How about even for breakfast or somehting?
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
MagicianCelemis

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst Nat View Post
I'm glad to hear you're all interested ! the problem it sounds like most of you will cosplay this on day 2, and thats when my friend and I were doing the voclaoid cosplay and the Vocaloid gathering is at 1:20. so if we did this, it would have to be in the morning like around 10 or 11. How about even for breakfast or somehting?
That hurts so much!! ;3; If everybody else is cosplaying Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright on Day 2 (Saturday), but you're cosplaying Vocaloid on that day, what DAY are you cosplaying as Professor Layton?

In any case, is it possible for you to switch out cosplays from Vocaloid to Professor Layton on Day 2?--Or is that too much to ask? I heard that most people would do light cosplays on Day 2, since it's so busy and crowd, it would be hard to host a gathering on that day.

Otherwise, I'll be more than happy to switch over my Professor Layton cosplay to Day 1, since everybody's gonna be there anyways--I would consider it a busy day for people to get their badges. Also, it'll be convenient if the gathering was hosted in early-to-late evening, around 2pm or even 3pm--those times would be great on Day 1 and even Day 2, since the day would be winding down! What do ya say, sounds good or what?
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
Amethyst Nat

Well I was thinking of the layon cosplay on friday, but I don't know, since It was my friend who organized he group and asked me to cosplay with her. And I was really looking forward to the vocaloid gathering on saturday, and this Miku's outfit is not one to easily change out of, and I was going to wear it for the masquerade :S
But yes, that time on friday sounds good. But we'll see, theres still some things I have to figure out.
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #10
MagicianCelemis

Cool

Quote:
Well I was thinking of the layon cosplay on friday, but I don't know, since It was my friend who organized he group and asked me to cosplay with her. And I was really looking forward to the vocaloid gathering on saturday, and this Miku's outfit is not one to easily change out of, and I was going to wear it for the masquerade :S
But yes, that time on friday sounds good. But we'll see, theres still some things I have to figure out.
Just as I anticipated! That's sound great!
Hear that guys!!--Let's anticipate Day 1, Friday, around the evening~ TBA!!
((Getting so excited YAY!!))
Yes, hopefully this will work out for sure~ Be sure to communicate each day, time's running out and every update counts!! That's the key to this gathering~

Ah, as for your Vocaloid cosplay, I totally understand! You don't have to change out. Well, good luck with the Masquerade then~

Oooo, may I ask who's in your Professor Layton group?--Surely, I, Jean Descole, would complete this epic group!
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
Amethyst Nat

My friend will be genderbent Layton, her friend gernderbent luke, and I think there may be a genderbent Flora. And I will be Emmy, not genderbent.
Unread 12-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
MagicianCelemis

Quote:
My friend will be genderbent Layton, her friend gernderbent luke, and I think there may be a genderbent Flora. And I will be Emmy, not genderbent.
That's so awesome!!! Can't wait to see them!! >w<

So, have you considered the day and time for the gathering? It seems like we're gonna be a decent-sized group for Friday! It would be great to have Phoenix Wright hanging out with us~
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #13
Amethyst Nat

well turns out the luke and floracan't make it untfortunately, but my friend is still definitely layton.
how about we meet up and have like an early dinner or something like around 5?
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #14
MagicianCelemis

Exclamation

Quote:
well turns out the luke and floracan't make it untfortunately, but my friend is still definitely layton.
how about we meet up and have like an early dinner or something like around 5?
Awwwww, that's too bad! Waaaah--you never know, they might have some miracle and they can make it to ALA!! Anyways, continue to keep me updated ASAP on your cosplays and what-not!

That's kinda late for me, that's really sweet of you to invite us to an early dinner but IDK if my parents allow it--otherwise, how about we meet up at 3PM, near the Cabana/Pool Deck? That way, I can also invite my other acquaintance, who's also a Descole cosplayer!

A shout-out to Phoenix Wright cosplayers: it would be great to see ya all at the Professor Layton gathering, since it's sort-of small as of now! The more, the merrier! ^^

Thank you so much for creating this gathering!! Can't wait to see you all!
Unread 01-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
MagicianCelemis

Lightbulb

Quick updates:

My sister might/can switch off to Luke instead of Professor Layton--That way, the group is fairly even!

For the other Descole cosplayer I mentioned earlier, she's willing to participate and is available around 2:30PM (she'll attend the My Little Pony Gathering and change out from her Skyrim!Fluttershy to her Descole afterwards)

For me, I'll be in my Descole cosplay ALL DAY Friday, but I don't have a cape, so look out for a mysterious boa-wearing cosplayer LOL!

So, to summarize, we should meet up / hang around between 2PM and 5PM, near the Cabana / Pool Deck--does that sound good to you?

((Also, before you leave for ALA tomorrow, it would be great to hear one last update from me: i.e. what cosplay you're wearing, what plans/times you have in mind for the PL gathering))