Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #31
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
WEll even though, I can still do other styles..Spikes are just the one that get done more on commission as they are harder..I CAN do other styles though..But if you already have a few lined up that you like, then just go to them anyway no biggie lol

Anyway as for being ready for the con..I can't believe how much it's gonna cost to make this damn Kirito cosplay >.< Ugh I have bias tape....AND SO MUCH OF IT!!!! lol
How are you at making dreadlocks? I'm totally willing to consider people other than the ones I have in mind if I see the talent and history I'm looking for.

Also, do you have a portfolio of your wigwork? No one in my group knows how to style hair or wigs, and it would be handy to have a local person who we could commission.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #32
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

For dreads, unless it's real hair, I can't do much (I use to have dreads myself and the person explained in detail how to do it)..But in the google search I did, there were tons of pictures so I couldn't be certain which style you needed..lol The more "emo kid/jrock" hairstyles that I saw in that search are easy for me to do.

My portfolio is pretty small as I only have up the wigs I have done so far. But I don't have pictures of people whom I have done their real hair..But here is what you asked for:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=304953
Well technically it's just my commissions thread, but the first post has all my recent work with wigs. But they are not limited to only what's shown. I know I can do other styles that have not been requested, but I can't very well take pictures of those now can I? lol
Anyway, since you live so close, I can always met you somewhere (say the con center since it's a big public place and easy to find), which will cut out the shipping cost.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #33
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

I've made synthetic dreadlocks before, for the first time I made this costume back in 2006. They're kind of a pain to make and you get hair strands everywhere and you keep finding them when you vacuum months and months later. D: The dreads came out okay, a little messier than I'd have liked, and not enough size variation. I hotglued them to tiny clips and wore them that way. Since I'm doing a total remake of the costume, with an actual sewing machine instead of entirely by hand, I want to have a wig done properly to go with it. This is the costume/wig I'm aiming for.

Looks pretty good, and cutting shipping costs is always a nice bonus. : D So is not trying to ship/receive a styled wig in the mail.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #34
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Was that the same person you cosplayed at the last SC? I can't really tell all them apart anyway since I don't watch videos much..
Anyway, sorry I can't help you on this specific one, but other's should be fine..And yea, cutting out shipping cost does wonders when in a pinch lol Like I always am
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #35
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

I'm going to make a Rumia (Touhou 6) and bring her up as well.
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #36
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Was that the same person you cosplayed at the last SC? I can't really tell all them apart anyway since I don't watch videos much..
Nope? I didn't to any specific cosplay last Sakura-Con, actually. The blue and black outfit was put together from EBay-bought clothes that I modified a bit (the dreadlocks in my hair ribbons are from the same batch I made in 2006, though, I cut them off of the clips they were glued to). The school uniform is the girls' winter uniform from Starry Sky.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 01-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #37
momomilk

I'm super excited for S-con! I have my badge pre-reg already. Just now, trying to get my cosplays together.

I'll be cosplaying Rise from Persona 4, Tomoe from Kamisama Kiss AND either Sona from League of Legends or Kougyoku Ren from Magi.

Progress wise, Rise: I ordered her wig today. Got most of her accessories (besides shoes), now got to work on the costume. Tomoe: bought his wig, tails and ears today. Again, just his costume. As for the other two, haven't touched yet but looking to get the wigs!

They shall be done on time!
momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #38
LiebeSelbstmord
Charming Devil Cosplay

Getting super excited! Time is just flying! However unfortunately due to current money problems I'm not going to be able to do all the cosplays I had hoped to debut at Sakura-Con... Kagura is a definite seeing as I already had most of the cosplay done before said money problems occured. Unfortunately though instead of ANBU Sasuke (I was really excited for that one too...) I'll most likely be revamping my Team Taka Sasuke and bringing him instead. Just have to fix the collar so it stands up instead of flopping down all the time and restyle the wig. I'll also have red contacts from my Kagura cosplay since I can't find prescription Sharingan contacts... Also, I may finish my Chunnin Exam Gaara that has been on hold since last Sakura-Con lol I'd just have to fix the gourd, make the white scarf and leather gourd holster thing, and get seafoam green contacts... We'll see lol nevertheless I'm excited even though cosplay compromises have to be made! T.T

Aki Con 2014:
Holo - Spice & Wolf (90%)
Husband = Lawrence - Spice & Wolf (70%)
Sai - Naruto Shippuden (90%)
Husband = Naruto - Naruto Shippuden (80%)
Sasuke Uchiha (casual outfit) - Naruto Shippuden (100%)

Sakura Con 2015:
Possibilities:
Sasuke Uchiha - Naruto Shippuden (100%)
Rosette - Chrono Crusade (0%)
Kouga - Inuyasha (30%)
Jinx - League of Legends (10%)
LiebeSelbstmord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #39
SumikoGenji
Sumiko-chan

I'm going to SakuraCon this year for the first time I have a cousin who cosplays and so does his fiance and I'm staying with them rather than my friend that I'm driving there with because her mom is going to have 2 of her own kids to take care of lol! But I'm going to be Hatsune Miku, Matryoshka Gumi, and Konan ^^ Very exciting!
SumikoGenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #40
Li_Syaoran
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiebeSelbstmord View Post
Getting super excited! Time is just flying! However unfortunately due to current money problems I'm not going to be able to do all the cosplays I had hoped to debut at Sakura-Con... Kagura is a definite seeing as I already had most of the cosplay done before said money problems occured. Unfortunately though instead of ANBU Sasuke (I was really excited for that one too...) I'll most likely be revamping my Team Taka Sasuke and bringing him instead. Just have to fix the collar so it stands up instead of flopping down all the time and restyle the wig. I'll also have red contacts from my Kagura cosplay since I can't find prescription Sharingan contacts... Also, I may finish my Chunnin Exam Gaara that has been on hold since last Sakura-Con lol I'd just have to fix the gourd, make the white scarf and leather gourd holster thing, and get seafoam green contacts... We'll see lol nevertheless I'm excited even though cosplay compromises have to be made! T.T
pssst me and 2 other friends are doing Inuyasha,, kagomen and sesshomaru on friday of con.
CureCos:http://en.curecos.com/profile/?ch=331883
Cos Group Page:https://www.facebook.com/LonewolfCosplay

Current Anime Con list
Sakura con 2013
Male Black Rock Shooter
Sword Art Online Gun-master/Swordsman Kirito
Male Suit Saber from Fate Prototype
Imitation Black Kagamine Len
Li_Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #41
LiebeSelbstmord
Charming Devil Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li_Syaoran View Post
pssst me and 2 other friends are doing Inuyasha,, kagomen and sesshomaru on friday of con.
Hmmm... I may have to do Kagura on Friday then lol we should totally meet up! Another friend of mine is cosplaying Sesshomaru as well.

Aki Con 2014:

Sakura Con 2015:
Possibilities:
Kouga - Inuyasha (30%)
Unread 01-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #42
Kimchi_Kutie93

Im about 80% set. I JUST finished my Minnie Mouse cosplay last night. I still need to finish Cosmos and I should be set. Room wise, Im good to go but it cost a pretty penny and badge is situated
Kimchi_Kutie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #43
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Almost there, guys!

I still have to buy my wig for HyunA, make my shirt patches, and finish modifying my shoes and jewelry. I'm trying to decide on one of my older costumes to bring out to SC this year, too.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #44
LiebeSelbstmord
Charming Devil Cosplay

Adding Rin Okumura from Ao No Exorcist (Blue Exorcist) to the list. He and Kagura are definites! ^_^

Aki Con 2014:

Sakura Con 2015:
Possibilities:
Kouga - Inuyasha (30%)
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #45
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Ever since they announced Reki Kawahara as a guest, my friend has been SUPER excited about all the SAO awesomeness being promised. He's hoping to be going as Kirito, we're making his jacket and inner shirt/vest. He doesn't know how to do much more than sew pre-assembled seams, so basically the entire costume construction is on me.

We did a mockup of his jacket yesterday. It ended up being like, 6+ inches too wide and at least 8 inches too tall. Today I did the mockup for my vest for Erza. I ended up taking it in by about 5 or 6 inches. I measured properly and sewed with the right 5/8 seam allowance and everything. Patterns are filthy liars. We don't get along at all. .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14