Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Assassin's Creed

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 10-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #3661
vonviolet

@InkRaven I don't think I've ever searched for a slashed sleeves pattern, but most people who have made their own Leo cosplay probably made them from scratch. It'll take a little longer to mock up it up from scratch but if you figure out how it'll come together before hand, it'll be a little easier. I think you were talking about GSTQF Leo costume commission? http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/186251/ You could try asking Glasmond about her Leo cosplay too.

@TKanaAmaterasu Looking good! My only crit is maybe the knee highs could go a little higher. I briefly looked at the character's reference and it looks like there's about a 1-2" gap between the bottom of the skirt to the top of the knee highs. Other than that you're on a roll!

>>I'm posting a question open to everyone here: I'm curious about reasons why you have or have not posted patterns for the costume you've made. Opinions are welcome too! I have my ACII patterns floating around with some ACR and AC III things, but am hesitant posting them because there's a possibility someone could use misuse it for something else besides personal use. Sometimes I think to myself what else am I going to do with these, seriously? Most are just going to collect dust. The generous part of me wants to post it, but the more cautious side doesn't because it could be misused. Have you run into similar conflictions? A few people are more willingly putting up nearly full patterns for AC III where I've still seen little for Altair and Ezio. I can't remember if this has been asked before, but I'll ask anyway!

||Back Burner||
Ezio Assassin's Creed Revelations (planning 30%)

||Possible Cosplays||
Fem!Shepard Mass Effect 2
Altair / Ezio Armor of Altair / Amon (LOK) / Fluttershy
Doctor Who Clockwork Droid / Fem!11th Doctor / Fem!Castiel

||Cons||
ConnectiCon 2012 (DONE) / NY Comic-Con (Fri-Sun)
vonviolet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #3662
Trujin

I think the big issue is just the trouble of posting them. Yes I did post some ACIII coat patterns and I have the other patterns too, but it's pretty time consuming to get them nice and neatly on the Internet. The ACIII took me like two days to get right for publication and it's still not as accurate as it should be.

I'm not to scared for stealing though, most of mine (and probably most of the patterns that other people make) are a bit like Da Vinci's designs, they were made for personal use, so sometimes missing some crusial information (how to sow certain parts and the use of glue instead of thread). Even if this information is made public (through forums or social networks) it would be to hard for "e-bay" costume makers to make profit out of it =p.

As for what to do with your patterns. I just save them up for future projects (unless I grow a 2 feet more they should still fit) or I give them to people personal to use. The last option it kind of related with the alinea above. I don't want to go into the trouble to explain the whole world how to use them so I just give them to people who I know will use them as reference for their own work instead of demanding a tutorial from me XD.
Trujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 02:53 AM   #3663
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

I personally offer mine for sale. That way even though I still can not control how they're used I am making a profit from them. If people want to just look at them and see if they can replicate them I'm fine with that too which is why I post pictures of them too. That's one idea. I've made a fair amount of money selling copies.

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #3664
Hannadi
Newbie Pancake

Hi! I'm working like a maniac to get my Connor done by saturday (I haven't done the hood yet!! panic!) but here's a couple of photos of some "props". Some of it isn't in-game accurate, but it'll have to do for now with Halloween just around the corner Hope you like it, it's my first time cosplaying!

http://imgur.com/a/Sgn0v#0

Btw, thanks so much for all the help and tutorials on this forum and deviantart (fev! Trujin, vonviolet) <3
Hannadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #3665
Wayward-Winds

So, i just finished making my ac 2 ezio cosplay. i kinda turned out looking like a peice of ass but i learned how to make my next one better! And, of course, im making connor now! Does anybodey know were to find a 360 full veiw of connor. i found one on the ac wiki but it's to small to see details...
Wayward-Winds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #3666
Hannadi
Newbie Pancake

I would suggest downloading the refrerence images that vonivolet put up in the "Assassins Creed II - Connor Cosplay Resources"-thread
Unread 11-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #3667
SapphireChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannadi View Post
Hi! I'm working like a maniac to get my Connor done by saturday (I haven't done the hood yet!! panic!) but here's a couple of photos of some "props". Some of it isn't in-game accurate, but it'll have to do for now with Halloween just around the corner Hope you like it, it's my first time cosplaying!

http://imgur.com/a/Sgn0v#0

Btw, thanks so much for all the help and tutorials on this forum and deviantart (fev! Trujin, vonviolet) <3

Wow, those are gorgeous!
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) - 0%
[?] Jun (Avatar the Last Airbender) - 0%
SapphireChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #3668
Tusky

Hello there! I have to compliment all the AC cosplay. Might have to look though some of them again. But I am yet another first timer in the arts of cosplay. Plan on getting a black-robed Ezio setup going for next year's Anime Expo over in LA. Though the only difference will be that I will be planning to mash it was a Star Wars theme.

I am active military, and don't have alot of time (or experiance) in making mine from scratch... so I bought a generic Ezio outfit online and plan to do alot of changes to it to make it better. Still waiting for the clothing, but this is kinda how I have been envisioning it to turn out (doodled on a envelope that I had sent).

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...17434043_n.jpg
Tusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #3669
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

Quick question/confirmation on my part that I'm not insane:

WHY do most Leonardo cosplayers get a blonde wig?! His hair IS NOT BLONDE IN THE GAME. I can super-confirm this as I literally went into a file extractor and tracked down the texture for his hair; it's a dark blonde at lightest, more like a light brown. That, and NONE of the screenshots of him that I've seen have him with flowing bright blonde locks. Can anyone tell me why people get blonde wigs?

Basically, I'm thinking of getting a light brown wig that's heat-resistant and styling it such that it has a bit of a natural wave and messiness to it. I would grow out my own hair, but I need that short for my Major Ocelot cosplay and he has ash blonde hair..

Also, if anyone has any advice on lightening wool crepe hair it would be much appreciated: I bought some brown, but it's so dark as to almost be black. Preferably something that won't destroy the wool in the processs

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Colonel Mustard - Clue board game
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | RED fem!Spy coat - Team Fortress 2
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts
Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Member of Oblivion Live as Xigbar
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #3670
Russell92

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie1000 View Post
Holy moly! With that site you pay like $300 just for one piece! You can make the whole costume for $300 if you try hard enough :P
can you introduce the site?
Unread 11-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #3671
ImaniRine
animatedpassions

I plan on cosplaying as Avelind De Grandpre from AC3L at Comic Con in 2013 in her aristocrat dress. Here is the picture:

I already have a good list of materials I need, just need the money to start buying it.

Hope I can run into more Assassin's at Comic Con next year!

Youmacon 2013
Nilin from Remember Me - 0%
Lightning Default Outfit) Lightning Returns - 2%
Princess Yue (Blue Coat) - 0%
Avarice from Blackeri 'Seven Deadly Sins' - 0%
[color="DarkGreen"][/COLOR
ImaniRine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #3672
Spaztastic

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me out with references?
I'm planning on making an Alsoomse cosplay, and would like to make one of her spears, specifically the last/most expensive one you can get. Problem is, I play on PS3 and can't really get good references. Nor can I find any pictures online that look like the one she uses (just what the other characters use :/)
Can anyone help me out?
Spaztastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #3673
Hannadi
Newbie Pancake

This is what my AC3-costume looks like now: http://imgur.com/a/Ncc6U
Still lacking bow, quiver and hidden blades, but everything else is finished!
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #3674
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

I've just started working on a pre-assassin/Teen Connor cosplay. Haven't gotten any photos yet, but I'll likely post some when I can for some tips.
I've started in the beadwork, while it appears the arm cuff and shoulder strap are actually woven, I'll neither have the time or ability to actually weave them. So hopefully seed beading will suffice for now!

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #3675
EchoSix
The Real Sam Fisher

Wow. Something in the settings, from the change into the new year, must have caused notifications to be sent out again. I haven't responded to this thread in a LONG time. FOUR console games have come out since I was here last! Wow.

And it's good to see some of the old faces still here.

What fantastic characters these games have created. And what a great fanbase!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samfisher/
EchoSix is offline   Reply With Quote