Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3904 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #62101
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Your sister sounds unpleasant whenever you talk about her.
I tend to only talk about her when she does something unpleasant. We do have a, er, troubled history, though. She's improved vastly but overall I prefer our relationship when we live apart and don't talk to each other that often.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #62102
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I tend to only talk about her when she does something unpleasant. We do have a, er, troubled history, though. She's improved vastly but overall I prefer our relationship when we live apart and don't talk to each other that often.
I find relationships with my family are vastly more pleasant when we live apart too. Understandable yo'.

So 'Colors of the Wind' is basically a song where Pocahontas is telling Jon Smith off for being an ignorant douche.

So Fergie has a new line of makeup through Wet N' Wild and their black lipstick is called 'Pagan Angel'.

It reminded me of those 'Wiccan Lace' printed plates that Target was selling this past Fall.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 01-03-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #62103
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

My friend wants to r/p and I kinda don't and she won't leave me alooooooooone =(

I wish I had Netflix...
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #62104
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Remind her that an RP is gonna be shitty if one person isn't into it.

It's like trying to have sex with your partner when they keep rolling over and saying they have a headache.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #62105
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Remind her that an RP is gonna be shitty if one person isn't into it.

It's like trying to have sex with your partner when they keep rolling over and saying they have a headache.
And then my dick friend says "well does it matter if you don't r/p the same things?" YES... ACTUALLY IF I DON'T LIKE IT THEN YES

Apt metaphor, hence why I love you emmers.

Also lately I am in to roleplaying as characters FROM the series, but she is still doing self insert OC's... I like OC's just no longer in series.
Unread 01-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #62106
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
LOL at my sister trying to tell me soda is poison. Fair enough, but if you're still smoking you don't need to be lecturing me on what I do and don't put in my body.
Have you ever had Diet Mountain Dew? That is a legit toxin.

Speaking of toxic, have the General Chat Palz ever discussed Denny's? I feel like maybe we did? If we didn't, let the record show that I loathe Denny's (Chain Resturants I do approve of: Chili's, Red Robin, and if they still exist, Friendly's) and I think that "Hobbit" themed menu their promo is disgusting.

That being said, here' s a professional eater devouring the entire menu in 20 minutes:
http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2013/01/...tes#more-80783

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #62107
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
And then my dick friend says "well does it matter if you don't r/p the same things?" YES... ACTUALLY IF I DON'T LIKE IT THEN YES

Apt metaphor, hence why I love you emmers.

Also lately I am in to roleplaying as characters FROM the series, but she is still doing self insert OC's... I like OC's just no longer in series.
Not enjoying to RP the same thing is like trying to write a book when the two authors don't speak the same language. Shit ain't gonna work yo'.

I never really got into OC's much, I guess it was always a case of me and my long-time RP buddy just being big fans of the same materials and having the same ideas about it. So we just ended up clicking with a lot of stuff.

HURR.
In the 'Savages' song where Ratcliffe is singing the first part that originally goes:
Quote:
"What can you expect
From filthy little heathens?
Their whole disgusting race is like a curse
Their skin's a hellish red..
/chorus/
Dirty red skinned devils

/chorus/"
The Netflix version goes:
Quote:
"What can you expect
From filthy little heathens?
Here's what you get when races are diverse.
Their skin's a hellish red...
/chorus/
Dirty shrieking devils
/chorus/"
I can see changing the lyrics from 'dirty red skinned devils' to 'dirty shrieking devils', sort of, but it's still a very obvious racial comment. But the changing of 'their whole disgusting race is like a curse' to 'here's what you get when races are diverse' is not really any better of a change. If anything both statements are equal with being horrible and racist only the second statement includes all races as being bad and we shouldn't try to intermingle with any non-white people at all.

I am just very confused on who would go to these lengths to record over the original lines with new ones that are not any less awful.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #62108
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Have you ever had Diet Mountain Dew? That is a legit toxin.
HA HA HA ME DRINKING DIET SODA

I have the occasional Baja Blast with a taco-inspired meal at good ol' TB, but other than that I do not fux with Mountain Dew products. It looks and tastes like antifreeze.

It's possible I went to a Denny's once. I think I had pancakes or waffles or something, and recall them being enjoyable. I find it profoundly hilarious that they have a Hobbit promo menu, but all of the food on it does look... yucky.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #62109
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

What the hell have they done to Chuck E Cheese D=
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #62110
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Maaaaakeoverrrrrr!

Unread 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #62111
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I am just very confused on who would go to these lengths to record over the original lines with new ones that are not any less awful.
Someone or some group could had made a fuss about the lyrics somewhere down the line. Perhaps the first signs of SOCIALLLLL JUSTICE BLOGGERS!?

Quote:

I have the occasional Baja Blast with a taco-inspired meal at good ol' TB, but other than that I do not fux with Mountain Dew products. It looks and tastes like antifreeze.

It's possible I went to a Denny's once. I think I had pancakes or waffles or something, and recall them being enjoyable. I find it profoundly hilarious that they have a Hobbit promo menu, but all of the food on it does look... yucky.
I actually like the Zero products, and prefer Diet Coke to natural Coke. Diet Dr. Pepper is fine as well.

As for the Dew, I remember experimenting with Diet Dew for some stupid reason (most likely because I was a stupid teenager), and I learned REALLLLLLLLLLLLLL quick that Diet Dew is a severe NOPE.jpg.

And ah Taco Bell. Who care if you're like 10% grade-Z meat and 80% water and cockroach eggs. CHALUPAS SON, CHALUPAS FOR LYFE!

Quote:
Was Chuck E Cheese actually ever good? I ask b/c maybe I went to one like...twice, growing up? No strong memories attached to said experience.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 01-03-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #62112
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:

Was Chuck E Cheese actually ever good? I ask b/c maybe I went to one like...twice, growing up? No strong memories attached to said exprience.
Well it was as fun as it could be for a kid, just an arcade setting with pizza and crawly tubes... nothing amazing.

But I meant more the fact they changed Chuck E's look, the mascot.
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #62113
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Well it was as fun as it could be for a kid, just an arcade setting with pizza and crawly tubes... nothing amazing.

Man, let's not get started on arcade talk. As someone old enough to remember when Arcades were a thing of wonder and amazement, I have a lot of feels on the subject. A. LOT. OF. FEELS.

::: man tears ::::

I googled said Chuck E makeover, and huh, they did. Still looks like a D-bag though. So I guess that's....something.

<-- Always though said mouse looked like a D-bag.

Unread 01-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #62114
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:

Diet soda can go to hell. Right to the hell it belongs. My anorexic aunt drinks nothing but diet coke and coffee, I think it's why she's so grumpy all the time.

In High School I drank almost nothing but Mt.Dew but now I can't stand the stuff, the only kind I genuinely enjoy is Baja Blast.

The turkey meal is actually pretty good. I am not sure what it has to do with The Hobbit, but it was surprisingly pretty tasty. I just wish the moment we got seated wasn't the exact moment my throat began hurting like all hell.

Quote:

Call me back when you go to Major Magic's.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #62115
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Man, let's not get started on arcade talk. As someone old enough to remember when Arcades were a thing of wonder and amazement, I have a lot of feels on the subject. A. LOT. OF. FEELS.

::: man tears ::::

I googled said Chuck E makeover, and huh, they did. Still looks like a D-bag though. So I guess that's....something.

<-- Always though said mouse looked like a D-bag.
Well it wasn't a cool arcade, it had like... skeeball and a lot of games I didn't like. Nothing like pac man and stuff.