Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 232 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #6616
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

eeek!! I want to see pictures!

Steffi: http://www.etsy.com/listing/10963540...rch_typ e=all these are the only ones I can find kind of thicker than I'd want, I think, and there are 12 of them... what to do with 12?! XD
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #6617
piffle esque
mahou shoujo in training!

Well! I originally had plans on doing Lady Serenity, but since JoAnn's no longer sells the fabric I need, that poject is on the backburner. While that's on the backburner, I can focus on Eternal Chibi Moon and hopefully Peruru if my budget allows.

I do have a few questions on Eternal Chibi Moon that I would greatly appreciate feedback on~ What fabric would you recommend for the fuku and collar? I know I want the sleeves to be sheer. Also, the skirts are gatherd and not pleated, correct? and, does anyone have any tips they could share with me?
piffle esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #6618
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

As for the collar, I'd go with something shiny, like satin. For the fuku, white spandex is used by most cosplayers. I guess I'd go with tulle or something for the sleeves, I don't now what else could be sheer...
Yes, the skirts are gathered. It wouldn't really work out with pleated skirts anyway.

~Up Next~
Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
SuzuStarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #6619
Prissi

well, I sort of did a gathered/pleated skirt. It's not really completely either. If you want a really really ruffly skirt I recommend using horsehair braid, but probably 1/2 inch instead of a full 1 inch braid because that makes it have ridiculous volume (look at my skirt if you want to have an idea)... I think if you're going for Manga it would be great to try that thinner horsehair braid for really soft ruffles...

I agree with white spandex, with flesh colored swimsuit fabric beneath because it is see-through as for fabric, I hear that casa satin at JoAnn's is really nice because it's not so shiny that it's cheap Halloween-store costume-looking!

Sooooooo.... slight crisis here, I finally got my trim (yay!) but as I'd been afraid of (and one reason I had decided to go without trim to begin with) the gold doesn't match. >_____>
http://campl.us/fcSusqVJTd6 What do you guys think? the other colors match really nicely.
http://campl.us/jmk6NHO60OW

Last edited by Prissi : 01-03-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Unread 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #6620
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Honestly? I wouldn't worry about it, Prissi. :3 Considering it's the actual trim used in the real Myu costumes, I think a slight discrepancy in color between the trim and the skirt is more than acceptable. Believe me, once that stuff is on, it'll sparkle so beautifully you won't even notice!

I actually had to make due with very slightly different colored gold trims because of what I used on most of my Myu Saturn simply not being available when it came time to do maintenance. I ended up using the slightly different trim in the glove bands and bows, since I figured that would be most consistent and least likely to be noticed. Can you notice any difference? XD So yeah, the upside of the bling is slight variations are hardly noticeable!
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #6621
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Prissi: Personally, I think the effect of the gold looking a bit different is actually pretty cool. You have my okay as a Myu-Nerd to use that trim, I'm sure it'll look awesome! ;D

~Up Next~
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #6622
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

I am having such troubles with Princess Serenitys bow!!

I cant seem to get that effect with the main ribbon!
I have tried the tutorial I found on here but it just doesn't work no matter what I do D=
HELP T_T

http://serapii-kisu.net/reserves/manga/ps/ps_015.jpg

Tried to use this Tutorial but it just makes NO SENSE!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...iltutorial.png

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube

Last edited by HareyuNanami : 01-05-2013 at 10:59 PM.
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #6623
PepperPerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HareyuNanami View Post
I am having such troubles with Princess Serenitys bow!!

I cant seem to get that effect with the main ribbon!
I have tried the tutorial I found on here but it just doesn't work no matter what I do D=
HELP T_T

http://serapii-kisu.net/reserves/manga/ps/ps_015.jpg

Tried to use this Tutorial but it just makes NO SENSE!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...iltutorial.png

I moderately tested it a few minutes ago as I'm about to use for my super sailor Venus and it seems to work! Just follow it exactly and trust it will work cause it does. When I first saw it i thought it was pretty cleaver!

Will do commissions if anyone is interested...
PepperPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #6624
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Hum, I don't get that tutorial either. Kaien, could you post some pictures how to do it? I won't need it for my Serenity dress, as it looks different in the musicals, but it would be good for future reference.

~Up Next~
Unread 01-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #6625
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

@Prissi: Can't seem to find my spare headband, I'll get back to you on that one ASAP.

I've also nearly finished my Sailor Collar for Super Sailor Moon. The painted lines are almost perfect, but I've accepted that it will never be 100%. But it's fine! Just need to iron the sides to flatten the seams out.

I've also ordered another metre of white klona cotton so I can double up the skirt and finally work on it! I don't think I want to do proper pleats, maybe like pleat the top then iron the middle but keep the bottom flowy, if you know what I mean? We'll see, never done full pleats before, but I know how and have it all measured out!

Can't order the rest of the fabric until the end of the month when it's my birthday as well as get a new blonde-yellow wig as my Myu wig is far too yellow and my other blonde wig is ratty as hell. As I'm kind of tight because I spent a lot of money on a Spiral Heart Moon Rod, haha… Now I've got to choose between using the Kaleidoscope and the Spiral Rod for this cosplay…

/First world problems.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #6626
Prissi

Thanks for the support guys! I started sewing the trim on and it does look goooorgeous. *_____* I can't wait to be done with it because you're all right, it will sparkle beautifully. I'm really enjoying the process of hand-sewing the trim on bit by bit, because it keeps me doing something on my costume without having to make a hurricane out of the entire house (and by the time I get home from work usually, I'm too exhausted to do anything and this is something I can just pick up and work some on without having to spend too much time contemplating how something is going to work.

Does anyone have suggestions for how I can make the shape of my collar better? :/ I decided I'm gonna redo it entirely... I have to retrim it anyway now... get rid of the trim that mostly looks nice except for all the fraying and made me want to tear my hair out as I sewed it on lolol. (I remember a lot of screaming and crying while I was working on my collar hahahaha :x)

Steffi -- I TOTALLY recommend you try the Arda way, really. If someone with absolutely no wig/sewing/cosplay experience could make something that looked decent, what more you? :P
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #6627
PepperPerry

SORRY FOR THE DELAY GUYS! I forgot to upload them but here they are!

Will do commissions if anyone is interested...
PepperPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #6628
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

After talking it over with my friends, I have six Sailor Moon cosplays planned for the next few years. Six. Damn.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:24 AM   #6629
Prissi

Well, did you think that one could get away with doing just one costume? They start to add up. I was "only going" to do Myu Eternalmoon...
Unread 01-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #6630
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

Thanks Kaien! =D

Oh ogsh I am having problems...
I can't get the Chiffon to sit the way I want it to on my dress TWT
I am about to give up and just not use it at all T_T

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014