Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 147 votes, 4.79 average.
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #10036
winryrockbell27

Those iron boots are so wonderful!
winryrockbell27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #10037
Seifer-sama

@ amouranth: Awesome job on the costume! I too love the iron boots! You almost never see them!!

EDIT: I wanted to show you guys my SS Zelda progress... I just forgot to post the link. :P http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 12-04-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #10038
allycat6247

Need opinions on a wig. I am doing Malon, and I found a wig that I like, but am not sure if it is too short or not. I measured how long it would be, and I believe it would come down to just above my waist. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.epiccosplay.com/26-autumn...ay-wig-en.html

@Seifer-sama Your costume looks great!

Work-in-Progress
Juno Eclipse

https://www.facebook.com/allycatcosplay

Last edited by allycat6247 : 12-18-2012 at 06:34 PM.
allycat6247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #10039
Kayube

I'm hoping to be a Twilight Princess Bulblin at Anime Boston. My mom's going to do most of the work, but she hasn't started yet.
Kayube is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #10040
Seifer-sama

@ allycat6247: I think that's a perfect color and a good length for Malon. If I remember correctly her hair wasn't longer than that. So I think you are good. And thanks for the compliment!!

@ Kayube: Okay that would be awesome to see! Take photos please!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 12-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #10041
Kayube

I will. But I don't know where to look to find methods for making some parts of it. My mother was particularly wondering how we would do the forehead since it has sort of a protruding brow sort of look. She also wasn't sure how to do the skin; I've seen plenty of ideas for that but I'm not sure which one would be the best (I'm hoping for one that doesn't get me too hot, since the con will be in late May...)
Kayube is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #10042
ruutuli

Hello!

I just so happened to stumble across this thread. I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with. I plan on cosplaying OOT!Child Link. I need a few tips and possibly tutorials for certain props. I've never made props before. I wish to make the Deku Sheild and the belts as well as the Kokiri sword. I would like to make the goron bracelet and boots as well.

I would love some tips for these things!

Oh And if you have any tips for jewelry for Nabooru that would be amazing. A friend and I plan to cosplay those two for AnimeBoston.
ruutuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #10043
rj_sosongco
Rated R for Radical!

Welcome! There's a wealth of knowledge here at CosCom, so feel free to come with any questions. This forum can provide Zelda-specific advice, but for a lot of things, you can find information by using the search feature and poking around other forums. I'm a firm believer in "showing, not telling," so rather than point you to a specific tutorial (which may or may not be in your experience range or work the best for you), I'll point you in the right direction and you can find what works for you.

You can find a lot of information in the Cosplay Construction section, specifically the subforums for Cosplay Tutorials and Props/Accessories/Armor. There's entire threads devoted to weapon construction using a variety of methods, ranging from the inexpensive (cardboard, paper mache, etc) to professional level (sculpting, molding, casting, etc). Find methods that work for your experience, budget, and timeframe. While you many not find a specific OoT tutorial, you can find similar tutorials that can be adapted. For example, the Deku shield can be made using carved foam. A generic sword tutorial will only need some slight modification to be used for your Kokiri sword. And there are several methods to creating generic boots or boot covers that you can use for Link's boots.

The best advice I can give is to read everything, every tutorial, every product description, every reference you can. Try different methods and see what works. Be ready to fail sometimes, and be ready to learn at all times. Good luck!
rj_sosongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #10044
Seifer-sama

@ Kayube: I am sure they have latex monster-like tutorials on the net somewhere, that's where I would start. As for the skin, I am sure just mixing some makeups might get the right effect. I have done full facial makeup before (Puppet Zelda) and I never had any problems with heat, even at a few summer cons.

@ ruutuli: Welcome! I second what rj_sosongco said.

@ rj_sosongco: Very well said!

My Cosplay Updates: I am finally getting some work done on Groose!! I have the shirt and pants done and will be working on the collar this week. I love simpler costumes, they seem to go by so quickly. I really hope to have some photos very soon.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #10045
KratosAurion28

Just wanted to say that I recently started sewing my Link (ALttP) cosplay. So those who are interested to follow my cosplay process can visit my blog: http://jaatynytenkeli.blogspot.se/ to see how I make it.

See ya and good luck with all your Zelda cosplays!

Next con: Närcon 2014 (24-27/7 - 2014) Linköping, Sweden
THU - ???
FRI - ???
SAT - ???
SUN - ???
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #10046
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hey, all! It sounds like everyone is getting somewhere on their costumes! I haven't made any progress on SS Zelda other than that I washed and straightened the wig I'm using for her. Otherwise, nothing! I wanted to start the dress, but I don't believe I have enough pink fabric. :/ I have a lot of other projects going on right now, anyway, and I have to move back to campus on Sunday (*cries*).

Seifer- I can't wait to see your TP Zelda cloak and Groose! Btw, from what I asked you on FB, I only have 2 yards of the pink fabric I wanted to use for Zelda. lol That's definitely not enough!

EDIT: Well, I was fiddling with my wig intended for SS Zelda a little while ago and it turns out that the small skin top of a Claudia is slightly offset to the left. :/ It's not all bad, though, because I was thinking I would need to do some modifications to it anyway; I feel like it's not quite thick enough, so I am going to get another, more suitable wig in the same color, then take the Claudia wefts and sew them into the new wig. I don't know when I'll be able to get another wig seeing as I'm broke and that this costume isn't a current priority, but I look forward to it!

EDIT again: So, it turns out I actually DO have enough pink fabric for Zelda! I took a break from packing to experiment and, lo and behold, I had enough! Here's hoping that it ends up working out when it's all sewn together!

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 01-05-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #10047
Seifer-sama

@ KratosAurion28: Your progress is looking great so far!! I am so happy to see more people cosplaying from ALTTP.

@ Suzie_Blue: Well I am so glad it's all working out for you. It sounds like you are making some good progress. I am so excited to see your SS Zelda. As for me, I need to get back to work.... I am procrastinating.

@ Anyone: I am selling my Skyward Sword Zelda wig so if anyone is interested here's the link to the page: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=zelda Just PM me if you have any questions. Thanks!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 01-07-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Unread 01-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #10048
allycat6247

Very excited. Ordered my Malon wig today. Should come either this week or early next week. I am also going to JoAnn's tomorrow to get fabric for the apron and paint for the designs on the skirt, shirt, and apron.

(edit)
I know I asked this before, but I wanted to make sure I get the right ones. I am going to use Aradani for the ears, and am thinking about getting the large anime elf ears. Are those good or is there another pair I should get. (This is for adult Malon btw). Planning on ordering them this week.

Work-in-Progress
Juno Eclipse

https://www.facebook.com/allycatcosplay

Last edited by allycat6247 : 01-07-2013 at 02:55 PM.
allycat6247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #10049
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Oh, this thread has lots of updates! I love all the progress, and ideas people are starting~ So much talent everywhere! Keep up the great work! (Sorry I couldn't reply to everyone individually.)

Now that holiday season of doom is over, I've been able to get back to working on my OoT Link cosplay too~ I'm just working on his hat right now, so not much to report... D:

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Feudal Link (Legend of Zelda)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #10050
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

allycat: I'm pretty sure most OoT cosplayers use that style of ears.