Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 970 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #12226
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hey, ladies! I spent much of yesterday working on my Maid Snow White; I tattered the hem of the skirt with scissors and sandpaper (it turned out really well!), interfaced the sleeves so they actually stand up now, and got most everything put together. I just have to sew in the 2nd sleeve, finish the lining, and do a little more distressing, then the dress will be finished! The only other things will be the wig (which I'll probably order after finishing her princess dress as well), the bow, and the shoes.

As far as the bow, I want to make it like this bowtie, so I'm trying to find a good (free) pattern that I can use for it.

Shoes-wise, I want to get real Dutch clogs, but they're kind of pricey! I'm looking at having to shell-out at least $50 to get a nice pair. DX I know I won't be getting them any time soon!

Unread 12-21-2012, 02:29 AM   #12227
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

I've decided that one of my next year projects is going to be Eilonwy. Maybe I'll start after finishing with Punzie, I still have a lot of work to do!
Eilonwy was my second cosplay ever. I did it with an old skirt, a white jumper, a blue t-shirt with no sleeves and my first wig, that I bought for Astrid (HTTYD). I had the idea of remaking (well, the first time was all mistaken) because I've been chosen to make her dubbing in a fanmade movie sequel of the Disney movie (it only will be in Spanish, you can see the new designs for the characters here:
http://novedadesdisney.blogspot.com....lo%20de%20Llyr )
Unread 12-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #12228
LKD
Is a princess!!

So Im torn. Because of my commission and my group cosplay, I'm only going to have a week left to work on a Disney costume for a con o.<

Should I make winter Tink or Ariel's pink gown both will take the same time but Tink would take more time in painting/drying whereas Ariel would be more labor :/
Also I have everything for Ariel but not Tink (still need the white part which is $11 a yd and the glitter)

I'm so torn Q^Q
Unread 12-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #12229
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #12230
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Same thing. Enjoy your holiday with the ones you love.
Unread 12-29-2012, 04:40 AM   #12231
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!

AHH. I was so inspired and being so productive there for a while, but now all that seems to have gone. *sigh* First I caught a nasty cold and then I got a 3DS for Christmas, so I've been curled up on the couch playing Zelda for the past 4 days. Bleh. I love video games, but this is why I have to choose not to play them; they take up so much time that I should spend being creative! Hopefully I'll be able to get back to work today, since I now have the rest of the materials for the Snow White costume I was working on.
Unread 12-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #12232
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Haha, know that feeling, Suzie Blue! I got a new game, and a friend of mine also convinced me to watch Sword Art Online, so I've been wickedly distracted too.

On the plus side, I bought large paper for patterning and hair comb clips for my Ariel stuff!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #12233
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Stars- It's so awful! I say I'm going to take a quick break that turns into a few hours. >.>

I did manage to make a little bit of progress, though! I began working on Shoomlah's historical Rapunzel (another stash-busting challenge). It's very experimental, therefore progress is slow, but it's coming along! I keep doing things, then having to take it out and try another method after realizing the first way wouldn't work. Ugh, it's stressful, but kinda fun!
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #12234
kiggi

nothing in the works at all but have a happy new year everyone!!!!

yeah my current work is learning to sew ballet dancewear. i mean i sewed ice skating costumes, but this is still a new challenge. i did 2 weeks of helping sew practically an entire production of the nutcracker... and on to the wizard of oz i think?

i REALLY want to make tinks winter jacket... just saying. like nice green wool, so it is super functional maybe next year...
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #12235
LKD
Is a princess!!

Suzie- oh I totally understand that. Last year when I got skyward sword on Black Friday , I didnt do amything till I finished it...then I gave myself twilight princess for Christmas..I think I had one new costume last winter?

I'm trying to finish this pinkie commission so I can start and finish Winter Tink >< all by this Friday..I'm crazy xD I have a sparkely green corduroy for it..I might paint it..it's really light green so I kinda do but I,m afraid it won't take the paint or kill the glitter o.< I can always re glitter it though
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #12236
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Happy New Year, all.

@kiggi - Would working on ballet costumes be tutu much? (dodging rotten tomatoes thrown at him)
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #12237
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Here's what I have been working on!

It's part of Shoomlah's Historical Rapunzel. I got bored with Snow White for now, so I switched gears to work on this. lol I am so terrible about staying focused!
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #12238
WonderlandAlice

Oh my goodness, it has been forever since I have been on the thread! However, I try to keep up with most of you on Facebook and Tumblr. The silent follower....... >< sneaky eyes. A friend and I created a page for us to discuss character entertainment/princess costuming and props. We would like to invite anyone to come over and visit the new Facebook page because we know how much knowledge and/or questions you can contribute. We want to share the enjoyment we have over this genre of costuming and we hope you will consider sharing with us!

Princess Party Network Boutique

http://www.facebook.com/PrincessPartyNetworkBoutique
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #12239
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Like others, it feels like it's been forever since I've posted on here! So... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

So on new years day I was in the London New Year's Day Parade as Ariel with some of my mates as other disney princesses, and we went down SO well with kids!! We had a ball!! And talking of Ariel I'm already starting my October MNSSHP costume!!! Well, I say start, I just bought the fabric for it after searching for it for two years almost!
This is the fabric I got: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4003800714... 4.m1423.l2649 It looks rather grey in the seller's pic but I got the sample through the post this morning and fell in love, I'll need to put in a lining for it as its sequined on both sides, slightly see through and scratchy, but it shimmers so perfectly in every light! This is the sample and accurate color for it:
Unread 01-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #12240
littlestmermaid
The Littlest Mermaid

Hello Everyone,
Although I am somewhat new to the world of cosplaying, I used to work for a character entertainment company, and we primarily did characters from Disney movies. I'm attending my first convention in February, and I am cosplaying Ariel and Tinkerbell. I am so excited! I just wanted to thank the lot of you, because I have been following the forum for the past few weeks, and I have found the information you all have posted to be incredibly useful. I will be sure to keep you all posted on my progress, and on how the convention went.

Cheers,
The Littlest Mermaid