Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 01-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #16
FireInMyEyes
Native American Overlord

My goal is 30 pounds also. I'm still young so I imagine it shouldn't be too hard but you always need to work for it! I'm so excited for this con and I feel like it won't be any fun if I don't Cosplay when my friend who I'm going with is. I'm so jealous of her, so tiny and petite naturally.
I'd love to PM!

"I dare say you haven't had much practice. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why,sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!
-The White Queen

Last edited by FireInMyEyes : 01-03-2013 at 03:10 AM.
FireInMyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #17
Ishbo
Ha, under your seat dear.

I have struggled a lot myself. At my biggest I was 350 pounds. I started to play DDR and lost 150. No diet change either. then I met my husband who was my boyfriend at the time. being together for 6 years I gain 60 pounds. I also have a lot of back issues and all that weight makes it worse! There are time's when it goes out and I'm completely immobile. I decided to diet and exercise again and so far I have lost 80 pounds. it's always good to have a support system and you got it here with us. so keep on striving!
X-Men - Storm (1992)
My Lifestyle in a Shellshock
Pax Pals! Making friends One Line at a time
Ishbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #18
FireInMyEyes
Native American Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbo View Post
I have struggled a lot myself. At my biggest I was 350 pounds. I started to play DDR and lost 150. No diet change either. then I met my husband who was my boyfriend at the time. being together for 6 years I gain 60 pounds. I also have a lot of back issues and all that weight makes it worse! There are time's when it goes out and I'm completely immobile. I decided to diet and exercise again and so far I have lost 80 pounds. it's always good to have a support system and you got it here with us. so keep on striving!
Your amazing to have lost all that weight with just DDR! Keep working

"I dare say you haven't had much practice. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why,sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!
-The White Queen
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #19
Ishbo
Ha, under your seat dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireInMyEyes View Post
Your amazing to have lost all that weight with just DDR! Keep working
Thank you! That was back in 2002. I just couldn't believe how I gained 60 pounds during 2006-2012. I got sick of it! I hit fat rock bottom. Lol. That's what I call it! Thank you again!
X-Men - Storm (1992)
My Lifestyle in a Shellshock
Pax Pals! Making friends One Line at a time
Ishbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #20
Arbite
Shut up and move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
I like some of Arnold too, but have been looking at a lot of Kai Greene's vids lately. He is very cerebral in his approach to training and is very focused on mind/body connection. He does not let the bad days get to him and he never says the words "I can't." He says "I will." That is what I do. I say to myself I will get out of bed, I will hit the gym, I will succeed. I find myself saying it mentally and sometimes verbally while lifting. That last few reps where its tough. That last 200 meters on a run etc. I will push, I will persevere.
Greene is a monk. Everytime I watch his stuff I feel like I should be squatting the moon. I actually teared up a bit in Overkill.
Arbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #21
Kaliza

I really need help with motivation, I am always wanting to lose weight but end up losing my motivation and then I end up not losing it... This time I want to really lose the weight for good. I want to lose 30 pounds. I am not of myfitnesspal though I am using Sparkpeople to track my nutrition/calories... I have a tumblr though I hardly use it.
How is it going so far!
Kaliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #22
Ichigogami
Strawberry paper...DEATH

I'm so excited, we're finally moving to an apartment complex that also has a gym...I'm getting so motivated to work out for the summer conventions, and try and keep a good goal/ level of Motivation having my husband (Who also cosplays...) work out with me...health for both of us!! ^_^
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #23
Cephas
ICXC NIKA

Work out to videos that motivate you. As shown here:

http://youtu.be/6wNUen8mN7s
Cephas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #24
ktcaines

I want to lose about 35 pounds by mid may for a con. I my gym has lots of group fitness classes that I'm looking forward to trying, but my problem is my sugar cravings. Anyone else stuggle with that? Any hints to get over that?
ktcaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 05:11 AM   #25
Arbite
Shut up and move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktcaines View Post
I want to lose about 35 pounds by mid may for a con. I my gym has lots of group fitness classes that I'm looking forward to trying, but my problem is my sugar cravings. Anyone else stuggle with that? Any hints to get over that?
Willpower and remove anything sugary from your home.
Arbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #26
Shiizuma
The Pragmatic Realist

Kaliza - Same with me!! I know what I need to do to lose weight, I just lack the motivation after two weeks or so... That will probably be the toughest part - staying motivated.

So far I have lost two pounds! I haven't had time to exercise due to work and a lot of school assignments, so I hope to lose more when I get more free time. >:

Question for everyone: What are your plans to stay motivated? (:

2013 Conventions
PAX East | AnimeNEXT | Otakon

Past Cosplays
Shizuma Hanazono (Strawberry Panic) | IA (Vocaloid) | Misa Amane

This Year's Cosplays
FEM!Hikaru (OHSHC) [group cosplay] | Hatsune Miku - Love Philosophia (Vocaloid)

Tumblr | MyFitnessPal | DeviantArt
Shiizuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #27
FireInMyEyes
Native American Overlord

My water polo team has started working out at the gym, we go two days a week but I go everyday with my best friend. And lordie! I can already see a change in just three weeks! No, I'm not kidding you, three weeks!! I already feel stronger, when I poke my tummy I can FEEL hard abs beneath the layer of fat and my times and weight limits are improving.

I've been doing swim team and water polo before even going to the gym so it's basically 3 and a half hours of exercising.
I know not everyone has such a brilliant thing happen but this free January pass has been such a blessing. And if I go more times than anyone on my team, I win a summer pass.

Sorry, I'm kind of ranting on and on, but no one really cares and I'm just so excited!

-The White Queen
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #28
noogz256

holy crap impressive people! congrats to everyone who have stuck with it and lost weight! proud haha long as you stick with it and don't quit, its awesome. right now im actually trying to gain muscle but when i start to lose weight i'll be back keep it up everyone in the mean time!
noogz256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #29
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

A Talisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatNoir View Post
I know it sounds a bit silly, but maybe keep images of the characters you're cosplaying around to remind you to "be good" so to speak. I'm thinking about doing that because so far just thinking about being motivated hasn't been enough. -__-;;
This is spectacular idea, ChatNoir.

I have the Magician Arcana card sitting in front of my computer. (made it as the prop for my cosplay). On the back it says "1 Transmutation." Because I was drawn to this, and made it, the magician arcana card stands for more now than just a prop when it started. Transmutation means "change," that it's possible to perform things that may seem insurmountable to others if the energy wielded is directed at something. It's resolve and pure will power. Creative energies used, and learning something new --(like hand embroidering for instance.) Every time I look at this, I think. .... Yeah.... let's do this!

...well, damn, I'd better not lose this card then, huh. *L* Ah, I'm a natural clutz!

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:46 AM   #30
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktcaines View Post
Nuts. Lots of nuts. They're almost pure protein, and will fill in the gaps when you get snack-picky. Edamame is delicious, too. Carbonated sodas will actually make you feel bloated. And, of course, water is good. I flavor mine with lemon juice so... added vitamin C and flavor plus. Fish is a great brain food with all that Omega 3 business.

I hope this helps.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote