Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 01-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
Catscatscats
Skill-Lacker

Wire mascara/eyelashes?

Hi! So I'm looking for something to make my eyelashes appear white. Nothing permanent, no dye or anything, I was just curious if white mascara even existed...? Also, I'm sure white faux lashes exist - has anyone boy any? From where? What's your review?

I'm not planning on doing any cosplay in particular, I just like messing around and playing dress up and I think an albino-inspired look would be cool. Plus there's that chick from Deadman Wonderland so if I ever wanted to be her someday this would come in handy.

Well, thanks! I'm mainly concerned about white mascara - where could I buy it, and does it work? I've looked on eBay and all I see is transparent mascara (no idea how that would benefit anyone's life but okay eBay)

Thank you!

Unread 01-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

I've actually been looking for the same sort of thing, but haven't bought any of them yet, since I haven't started on the actual dress portion of the costume.

In my search, I've found some options for white eyelashes, and white mascara.

Eyelashes I've found that most of them are ridiculously costume looking, or over the top feathers and glitter.
These are on the simpler end, and could work nicely if trimmed back a bit.

While these are a bit warmer, since they're an ivory white instead of snow white. Not what I'm looking for, but they might suit your look.

As far as the mascara goes, I've found that a lot of the lash primers seem to come up a lot, but I haven't played around with them yet, so I don't know if they're actually white.

This is the one really stark white marscara I've seen online in my searches. Not a brand I'm familiar with, and doesn't look like there's many reviews.

I'm considering this one for my uses, since it'll give that frosted eyelash look, instead of feathers or just white.

Most of the stuff I've browsed is from Amazon, but I have checked out some stuff online from Sephora and places like that... which could be another option, instead of shopping online, check out the brick and mortar storefront - they may be able to help you out and let you see how things look.

I wish I could say I've tried some of it, but I'm just in the research stage, too. Hope some of the links I've collected are helpful enough to point you in the right direction (I'll be watching to see if the experts on the board have some better suggestions, too).

1950s Celestia (MLP:FiM), Undead Death Knight Starter Gear (WoW),
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asgard), 10th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
esclarmonde

A couple of years a go "double phase" mascara were all the rage, the one like this with a white part to use to separate the eyelashes and create a base, and the regular black one to color them. Some brands have a white phase that becomes transparent, while others' stay white. Of course, for a completely white look you'll have to use it 2-3 times, letting it dry in between.

You can see if the make-up shops in your area have them and try them to see if there's one that has a strong white.
esclarmonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Actually you can get white in any drugstore if you look for mascara primer as they tend to be white.

For white lashes get a pair you like the shape and size of and paint them with a few thin layers of acrylic paint. remember to brush them out with spooly or lash comb before they dry and after the layer dried to keep them un-clumpted.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote