Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Maribel

[Fate Zero] Kiritsugu Wig Help

Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to make a kiritsugu cosplay. I have all the pieces but I am unsure of what to do with the hair. I saw a few kiritsugu wigs on ebay but they dont look like they are well made. I am thinking of purchasing a black scruffy wig from the store here and styling it myself. How difficult is cutting it and everything? Can I style with hair wax? Are there better options?

Thanks.

Also, anyone want to meet up at anime boston 2013?
Maribel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

1) a red pic of the specific style may b helpful aka how many spikes lol
2) this site has been hit or miss, if ur willing to pay this much buy an Epiccosplay or arda wig
3) to do the spikes/separations use got2b glue hair spray and fabric glue for the ends along with a blow dryer to set it
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
Roxie~
Imma Goldfish~<3

I'm actually making an emiya shirou wig for Anime Boston. If you haven't spiked a wig before It can be a little challenging, If you have a friend that can help you I'd say get a wig and have fun. Cause two minds are better than one :P

If you do spike the wig just remember you'll want nice big spikes with a soild dab of Got2BGlued spiking gel at the end, not covering the whole spike. (other wise they get heavy and look wired. xD) and you'll probably want to get a can of the Got2B freeze spray for the end.

Alsooooo If you're bringing kiritsugu to Anime Boston 2013 pleaseeeee hunt me down. I'll be Illya with Shirou's dismembered body. xD

-edit- Also I will never use the Cosplay.com store ever again, I've never had a good experiance with them. I know a few people that said they were okay, but I'm leery of them now. Arda wigs, and amphigory I've had good luck, but I tend to use Ebay. Out of 20+ wigs I've bought of of ebay, only one did I get screwed on :P But I don't buy expensive wigs so it wasn't terrible. :P Here's one I found that seems to be good.

Ebay Link

It's looks puffy so styling it shouldn't be as bad as if you got a 40" inch black wig and worked from that.

Echo - Phantasy Star Online 2

Athena - Angelic Layer

Last edited by Roxie~ : 01-04-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Roxie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
Maribel

Quote:
Originally Posted by animenerd93 View Post
1) a red pic of the specific style may b helpful
Sorry, I'm not following, A red pic?

I went and looked at arda wigs and I think hansel might work. It's just that the cut isn't exactly right. How difficult would it be to cut it to the right shape myself?

Oh and I'll def hunt you down. Been waiting all these years for you to leave the einzberg castle after all.
Maribel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #5
Roxie~
Imma Goldfish~<3

The hansel wig looks awesome and it should be easy to style...but it says all the black variations are out of stock.

And I don't need to leave the castle anymore! I have Shirou to play with me forever

Echo - Phantasy Star Online 2

Athena - Angelic Layer

Roxie~ is offline   Reply With Quote