Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 264 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 01-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #56566
Reily96
Ambitious to a Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheel View Post
Oh, come on! Doesn't best pony get an exception to the list? You know ya want to!
I definitely want to, the thing that's holding me back is cost-effectiveness. ^^;

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #56567
Amara Dolce
Bitter Sweet

So I have counted up the amount of cosplays I still have to wear/get photos of, remake, and finish, it comes to about a total of 9! I really need to get those finished or photographed before I continue putting them aside for new costumes.
Amara Dolce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #56568
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Today my mom gave me a bin for my cosplay stuff, as we have talked about it before. We are estimating that I probably need two more for the rest of the stuff
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #56569
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

I look at my old Relius Clover mask and think to myself. Oh my god, this is horrible.

... but its the most beautiful thing i've ever made at the same time since i've never made a mask before in my life.

ajfnwqiuehbfqub.

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #56570
Serako
Female gentleman~

My alec wig magically got messy, I should fix him up... and finally take some pictures.... But I don't want to fight with those damn contacts today.. but I go back to school on monday.jsjfajeageage. On the bright side my ex boyfriend/bestest friend in the whole wide world volunteered to dress up as Magnus. Totally not awkward at all.
uggggggh whyyyyyyyy?

Current projects:
Young Justice Dick Grayson/Robin - 45% done, 11th doctor genderbend- 10% done ,10th doctor genderbend- pffft 0% , Mikou Hatsune- 55% done
Serako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #56571
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Went shopping today with my sister and got the zippers for her cosplay, zippers for Pascal and I found a bunch of clear empty crhistmas ornaments to use for the orbs for Pascal! They are really big though but I seriously do not care. I will make it work...somehow. And I was able to find some really nice looking bird cage pendants online and I bought some huge keys today to make my friend and I the keys from After School Nightmare. ^_^ I'm hoping the birdcage will come in before I go back to college and I'm able to make them and give her one.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #56572
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Brain, No. Stop that. You're not planning ANOTHER Sailor Moon cosplay. You're not making another one of those jackets. Yes I know I already have a wig and earrings but no. No no no no no! I'm putting my foot down on this one. I'm not giving in to you on this! Bad brain, bad! Stop it! I will poke you with a Q-tip if you try to get me to make another one of those jackets when I still have no idea how to make the first. Stop!

I hate my mind -_-
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #56573
Morpher
The Archy Morpher

YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!! Something in my head finally clicked! I am 100% sure I know what I'm gonna do for Toothless's wings! (Well more like 95% sure) however I feel far more confident in the design and what I'm gonna do for them then before! Huzzah! I can't wait to head out and purchase the materials to get the basic structure started!! :-)
Juvia Lockser - (Fairy Tail) - Planned

Future Cosplay(s)
Leviathan - (FF9)
Hopeless Estheim - (Original Character)
Daniella - Haunting Ground
Morpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #56574
kitsuneheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Brain, No. Stop that. You're not planning ANOTHER Sailor Moon cosplay. You're not making another one of those jackets. Yes I know I already have a wig and earrings but no. No no no no no! I'm putting my foot down on this one. I'm not giving in to you on this! Bad brain, bad! Stop it! I will poke you with a Q-tip if you try to get me to make another one of those jackets when I still have no idea how to make the first. Stop!

I hate my mind -_-
ROFL Finally! I'm not the only one who has entire arguments with her head over cosplay ideas!

Going to -hopefully- finish Zelda's gloves tonight. Last night's attempt ended badly so I'm having to redo them. But at least they nearly fit the first time; which is a lot better than I was expecting considering I've never made gloves before. Once I do Spirit!Zelda is officially half-way finished! Aside from her belt I have everything else from the waist down finished as well as her armor piece. I might actually be able to have all of my AZ cosplays done months in advance. O_o
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #56575
The Evil One
Insane Cosplayer

Im starting to loathe tactical gear when it comes to cosplay. I'm either going to have to start weeding out certain details or figure out how to make it all from scratch. I've really wanted to get into making costumes from the ground up but I'm not sure I'll have the time since I have to gear up three other people. Oh well, whats cosplay without a little challenge?
Unread 01-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #56576
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Looking at some detail on a prop and it's making me want to curl up in a fetal position. There's just so much and most of it I have no idea how to make.
I'm thinking, since I already have the prop, of leaving out a majority of the fine detail and going with a more natural look. But since I'm putting a lot of detail into the actual cosplay, I fear having a prop without the plethora of detail will stand out too badly.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #56577
Kairi's-Fantasy
Artsy Tech

Rhyme's pendant is finished, and her shirt is almost done! I had planned to do more cosplay stuff over the break, but it didn't work out.

Planned for 2014:
Ruby Rose (RWBY)
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid/World is Mine)
Kyoko Sakura (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica/Casual)
Ellie (The Last of Us)

Last edited by Kairi's-Fantasy : 01-08-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #56578
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

T_T My Sweden cosplay came in... it smells horrible and is stained. Hopefully, I can get a refund or an exchange....

Also...what the? I've been flagged by the US government. Apparently, I shop online to much so I must be a terrorist or a drug dealer. I had to explain that I'm a costumer and just a lot of the materials come from China, I can't get some fabrics in my state, and I sometimes buy/trade with other costumers online. I also occasionally by some books for school online.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Events: Kawaii Kon 15

Last edited by Ineedaname9 : 01-05-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #56579
Shana05
The Nation of Love

Work on my spatula for Ukyo going pretty good. It's pretty much the same as the small spatulas, just much larger and from thicker foam.

Also, I have an ice-skating meetup tomorrow. I'll probably get some photos of Tohma then.

Anime Central: Maid Cafe!Aiichiro Nitori (Free!) - Flapper fem!America (Hetalia) - Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #56580
kitsuneheart

Finally finished Zelda's gloves!!! Woohoo! Although, they took me THREE hours... and I accidently sewed through the tip of my finger while trying to unjam that stupid spandex from the machine. Ouch... BUT! At least this means my Spirit!Zelda is officially 50% done and I still have 6 months before Animazement. I'm actually ahead of schedule for once. O_o

Next up on my to-do list is either pattern out the bodice, shawl, or work on her crown. And I need to figure out how to do her belt. I know I'm going to use the blue/pink foam from Lowes for the pieces, but I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about the actual waistband/belt. I'm thinking it would be better not to use elastic.
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote