Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #56566
Kairi's-Fantasy
Excalibur

Rhyme's pendant is finished, and her shirt is almost done! I had planned to do more cosplay stuff over the break, but it didn't work out.

Planned (within a year):
Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones)

Last edited by Kairi's-Fantasy : 01-08-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #56567
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

T_T My Sweden cosplay came in... it smells horrible and is stained. Hopefully, I can get a refund or an exchange....

Also...what the? I've been flagged by the US government. Apparently, I shop online to much so I must be a terrorist or a drug dealer. I had to explain that I'm a costumer and just a lot of the materials come from China, I can't get some fabrics in my state, and I sometimes buy/trade with other costumers online. I also occasionally by some books for school online.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited by Ineedaname9 : 01-05-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #56568
Shana05
Survivor

Work on my spatula for Ukyo going pretty good. It's pretty much the same as the small spatulas, just much larger and from thicker foam.

Also, I have an ice-skating meetup tomorrow. I'll probably get some photos of Tohma then.

A-Kon 2016: Spyro Gijinka (Spyro: Year of the Dragon) - fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Rinne ??????
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #56569
kitsuneheart

Finally finished Zelda's gloves!!! Woohoo! Although, they took me THREE hours... and I accidently sewed through the tip of my finger while trying to unjam that stupid spandex from the machine. Ouch... BUT! At least this means my Spirit!Zelda is officially 50% done and I still have 6 months before Animazement. I'm actually ahead of schedule for once. O_o

Next up on my to-do list is either pattern out the bodice, shawl, or work on her crown. And I need to figure out how to do her belt. I know I'm going to use the blue/pink foam from Lowes for the pieces, but I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about the actual waistband/belt. I'm thinking it would be better not to use elastic.
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #56570
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsuneheart View Post
ROFL Finally! I'm not the only one who has entire arguments with her head over cosplay ideas!
No, no you are not XD My brain has been doing this since I saw the character.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #56571
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Brain, No. Stop that. You're not planning ANOTHER Sailor Moon cosplay. You're not making another one of those jackets. Yes I know I already have a wig and earrings but no. No no no no no! I'm putting my foot down on this one. I'm not giving in to you on this! Bad brain, bad! Stop it! I will poke you with a Q-tip if you try to get me to make another one of those jackets when I still have no idea how to make the first. Stop!

I hate my mind -_-
Haha, I'm trying to fight my brain right now to stop it from working on Viola right now. It took so much willpower to stop myself from buying fabric for her when I was at Fabricland today. Maybe I should threaten my brain with a Q-tip. That might help...maybe.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #56572
Hallowin

Feel sooo excited about my Zelda cosplay ^_-
What
I
Love
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cosplay1

Cosplay2
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hallowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #56573
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Craaaaap! I left the pieces that I need to punch and sew onto my boots at my Mom's house! I really hope she can find them for me and drive them over here so I can get these boots altered before next weekend....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #56574
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I have been considering going to Anime Milwaukee for a while for just Saturday, but wasn't sure since it's about 2 hours away. I have been reading up more on it though, and now I'm leaning towards going. Lol, even took the day off of work already just in case I do go
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #56575
twixel
Cosplayaway [Tumblr, IG]

GAAH, I need to finish my currently cosplays before I start doing ones for later! Stop getting distracted brain, you only have a month left! (just realized that I keep plannning future cosplays when I need to be working on my stuff for Katsucon DX!)
twixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #56576
kitsuneheart

I think I'm currently in shock. I actually managed to correctly draft Zelda's shawl pattern ON THE FIRST TRY. I even got the draping and little flared bits right. O_o And I was free-handing the entire thing through trial-and-error like I always do. This is unheard of for me! I never have it this easy with any cosplay. xD Although now I'm just waiting for something to go horribly wrong somewhere. >_>
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #56577
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

So remember last night how I posted saying my brain is trying to talk me into another Sailor Moon cosplay? It won. I'm now gonna cosplay Jadeite eventually...which means making the EXACT same jacket as Zoisite and changing the trim. At least I already have the wig.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #56578
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Finished Pascal's armwarmers and attached the orbs onto her belt. ^_^ Hopefully I can alter the shirt to fit me better otherwise I'm going to be taking a step back as I would need to buy another shirt and try again.

And I finally got the hilt of Saber's sword wood stained. I just need to attach all of the pieces together and then paint on the details. Honestly, I just looked at my high quality reference image in the artbook and wow...there are a TON of details on this thing. T_T

EDIT; Whoooo! It looks like the shirt turned out okay after all! Yay, I don't stink at altering clothes. XD And now, thanks to my sister, I'm probably going to be debuting Pascal at the con next weekend. Which means I need a pair of olive green gloves....like now. GAH! Need to find a useable pair fast...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 01-06-2013 at 03:29 PM.
TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #56579
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Ahh, I'm still at a loss at which wig to get for Yusuke. At least I figured out how to style the wig~ I also reorganized most my cosplay stuff and everything is now in neat bins under my bed! Makes life sooo much easier. (Except for my craft stuff in the basement orz)
Unread 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #56580
makotohanabi
Chuu?

My brain won't stop telling me to remake my Chloe costume and enter it into the Bubonicon masquerade. Won't know if I can make Bubonicon until we figure out if husband can get the time off and if we can afford it.

Still haven't started the mock ups on Talisa yet either.