Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 01-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
pbg146

Bought a wig on ebay,and had some issues.In need of advice

So I bought this http://www.ebay.com/itm/290784292948...=p5197.c0.m619 wig at the beginning of December. Shipping and such was great,but that's not my issue.

It says it can be dyed and chemical treatments can be used on the wig. The main reason I bought it. I tried dying it three times and none of the dye stuck. I even tried bleaching it and that didn't do anything.

Also really close to the cap is matted and no matter how much I brush it doesn't seem to come out.

I've contacted the seller and they're offering to refund my money,but this is the perfect wig for one of my cosplays and I don't want to just get rid of it, but I'm not sure I want to try and get another wig from this seller.

Should I just send it back and get my money back and get a different wig or should I ask for a new one?
pbg146 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
Silver Ash
海女儿

For future reference, the ONLY kind of wig you can dye and bleach like normal hair is a human hair wig, which this one is not. The seller flat out lied to you.

Getting a new one isn't going to help since it's just going to be the same wig anyway. What sort of dye job were you trying to do?

If you wanted to dye it darker, just keep your wig. There are methods of dying synthetic wigs, which you can easily find tutorials for both here and all over the internet.

If you wanted to bleach it or dye parts of it lighter, your only option is to buy a new, lighter colored wig so send this one back and get your money back. Synthetic wigs can only be dyed darker, not lighter, unfortunately.
Silver Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
pbg146

I wanted to dye the bangs I cut green. I found a way to dye it,but it's not as light of a green as I want,but the other issue is the blue is the perfect shade for my cosplay so getting a lighter wig would cause me other issues.

Main big issue is the matting by the cap. It grosses me out when I'm brushing it and there's no way to get it out. It's like some one teased the entire wig by the cap and I can't get it out. Should I still send it back and get a new one and hope that the next one isn't matted or should I simply ask for my money back?
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbg146 View Post
I wanted to dye the bangs I cut green. I found a way to dye it,but it's not as light of a green as I want,but the other issue is the blue is the perfect shade for my cosplay so getting a lighter wig would cause me other issues.

Main big issue is the matting by the cap. It grosses me out when I'm brushing it and there's no way to get it out. It's like some one teased the entire wig by the cap and I can't get it out. Should I still send it back and get a new one and hope that the next one isn't matted or should I simply ask for my money back?
if you've cut and dyed it they will not take it back... you could ask for your money back, but really you should have done your research before you bought it... you can't make wigs lighter... if you wanted to dye your wigs bangs a different color, you should have bought a lighter wig, dyed the parts you wanted this colour to be this color, and dyed the bangs to green... the matting is in every wig you will see... its never going to be all straight and happy, those 'tangles' are what create volume in a wig, they are put there for a reason, if they gross you out, then don't buy wigs because they almost all have them unless they are COMPLETELY flat...
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #5
pbg146

Alright I understand that,but the other wigs I've gotten don't have the matting and they're fine.They don't have any matts or anything.

I've also talked to them and because the dye didn't stick they'd take the wig back.
Unread 01-06-2013, 01:48 AM   #6
Silver Ash
海女儿

Another option is to buy wefts in the green you want and add them to the bangs of this wig. If you can't stand this wig though, you might as well just send it back then.
Silver Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
pbg146

I thought about that,but I'm not sure how hard it is to add wefts to wigs.