Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 12-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
OtakuQueen
AppleJack

pills?

I have no time to workout, im currently working on my diet but im 138.6 at 5 1'. I look slim in clothes but when I take off my shirt I have a little belly Not good for the Sai from Naruto cosplay im working on -.- Im considering just taking diet pills or even laxitives. My mother says I just need to tone up, but as I said I have no time. Should I get the pills? or is there another alternative?

You Laugh At Me Because Im Different, I Laugh At You Becauseyoure all the same

Tumblr>----- nightingalecosplay.tumblr.com
Faythjohnson.tumblr.com

Last edited by OtakuQueen : 12-31-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: new infor
OtakuQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Drazhar

Why don't you have time?
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
improvised

Not to sound like your mom, but she is right. Diet pills will NOT make your tummy toned, exercise will. Do crunches and situps every morning after getting out of bed or during Tv commercials. If you want it bad enough, you will make time.
If your saying u don't have time cause a con is just around the corner, suck it in, or get some shapewear. Diet pills are really bad for you.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
OtakuQueen
AppleJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised View Post
Not to sound like your mom, but she is right. Diet pills will NOT make your tummy toned, exercise will. Do crunches and situps every morning after getting out of bed or during Tv commercials. If you want it bad enough, you will make time.
If your saying u don't have time cause a con is just around the corner, suck it in, or get some shapewear. Diet pills are really bad for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
Why don't you have time?

School, cosplay, school..school. Mainly school-.- don't have time to work out whilst keeping up my grades.

Faythjohnson.tumblr.com
Unread 12-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
OtakuQueen
AppleJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuQueen View Post
School, cosplay, school..school. Mainly school-.- don't have time to work out whilst keeping up my grades.

Oh and thank you improvised for the advice, hearing it from my mother sounds like nagging but from an experienced cosplayer it sounds like great wisdom that's much appreciated

Faythjohnson.tumblr.com
Unread 12-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

School can be daunting for getting in shape, but you can still make time to do crunches while you're doing homework. For every so many questions you do (reasonable amount, like five-twenty questions depending on the size of the assignment) do twenty crunches then get back to your homework. Or if you're working on an essay take the time you'd waste trying to think of what to write by doing more crunches-Your brain can only function that hard for about 30 minutes at a time, so breaking it up by doing crunches will not only tone your tummy but it'll help you focus on your homework more as well.
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
Vicky.Bjorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuQueen View Post
I have no time to workout, im currently working on my diet but im 138.6 at 5 1'. I look slim in clothes but when I take off my shirt I have a little belly Not good for the Sai from Naruto cosplay im working on -.- Im considering just taking diet pills or even laxitives. My mother says I just need to tone up, but as I said I have no time. Should I get the pills? or is there another alternative?
No! Just no to the pills and laxatives.
'I have no time' is a stupid excuse. I have a lot of studying to do to, but you can't tell me you don't have 30mins a day to work out. You can do strength training 3x/week and cardio 3x/weke for example. Just get off your ass and start working out...
Vicky.Bjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
rndmguy

Why would you waste money on diet pills? The only supplement that did work hasn't been on the market for years now.

Without exercise to help develop the muscles then regardless if you lose weight you're still going to be pretty flabby. Especially since all laxatives are going to do is make you lose water weight, not fat.

Fix your diet first, that's the most important thing. Managing weight is seriously 90% diet. All you need to do is eat below maintenance calories and you'll be fine.

And please, school isn't an excuse. If all you do is go to school, study, eat, and sleep then maybe it is, but I'm doubting that. I'm sure you have plenty of free time to watch your favorite TV shows or play a game that you're not thinking about. This is really about making a sacrifice.

Look good, being fit, it takes blood, sweat, and tears. There's no magic spell for it.
rndmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
HelloKittyQueen
Strange and Adorable :3

It's not diet pills that I take but they expel the fat from your body when you go to the restroom so that it can promote weight loss. The pills are called Alli and you can get them over the counter. They are pretty expensive, but I've noticed changes in my body. But these were referred to me by my doctor and he watched me closely as I took them.
Balalaika from Black Lagoon ----> In progress
HelloKittyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #10
improvised

^^ Glad the pills are working for you, but I have heard from a lot of people that it doesn't do anything except make them crap their pants like there's no tomorrow. :P
Unread 01-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
Kiro

Well, from what I had determined when I looked into diet pills, is that Alli (and its stronger prescription alternative) officially works by blocking some of the fat you consume from being absorbed. Unofficially, much of its effectiveness is due to the side-effect of near-uncontrollable leaking of an oil-like substance onto your underwear. This, in turn, deters people from eating oily and fatty foods, which increased the frequency and amount discharged. Based on some independent studies, the effectiveness of Alli was determined to be minimal and mostly temporary as those who stopped taking Alli quickly gained the weight back to match the placebo group. Don't quote me on this.

I don't know what you look like, but I'm going to have to agree with your mom: you probably just need to tone up a bit if you already are mostly slim. Like others have said, just add a little exercise into your daily routine. If you have time to browse the internet (or watch TV, anime, read manga, etc), use that time to do basic jumping jacks (or jump rope) and sit-ups. Take the stairs where you can, fast walk between classes and use whatever time you save to extend your travel distance. Every little bit helps.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #12
bkyoung

I bet you have time to watch 30 minutes of anime or browse the internet, use that time to jog. Btw, all diet pills are themogenics, if you want to go down that path save yourself some money and take 200mg caffeine tabs 2-3 times/day according to your personal tolerance.
bkyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
improvised

And you know, if you CANNOT break away from tv or anime, just make a rule you have to jog in place whenever you watch it. I've actually lost weight doing that!
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #14
DowagerAtWork

Honestly, if you want to be healthy (I'm guessing you just want to be slim, at the moment), you're going to have to learn to make time. Cause if you can't do it now, when your only obligation is high school (I'm guessing), then you will be SOL when you're out on your own and working.

Also, pill side effects are gross. You don't want that.
DowagerAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #15
HelloKittyQueen
Strange and Adorable :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvised View Post
^^ Glad the pills are working for you, but I have heard from a lot of people that it doesn't do anything except make them crap their pants like there's no tomorrow. :P
LMAO Yeah, well, it's probably because I hardly ever go to the restroom anyways. I'm sure I have some underlying digestive problem lol
Balalaika from Black Lagoon ----> In progress
HelloKittyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote