Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 12-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
InLoveWithLoki
TickleMeLoki~

Exclamation Lucy's vectors??

I'm making a Lucy (from Elfen lied) cosplay and I would love to portray her vectors but i'm not sure how. I've seen it done but agin i'm not sure how to go about doing this.
Here's a picture for reference: http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/59301-Ins...th_display.jpg
Any help would be soo much apreciated!
InLoveWithLoki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
SuddenlyAirship
Master of everything

Well the easiest way I can think of right now would be to buy some light, clear tape, and wrap it around your arm sticky-side up, and then sticky-side down. Basically, make a model of your arm using clear tape and then cut it off. It will be light, fairly transparent and won't bend easily. You can attach it to a simple back harness, and if you want even attach fishing string to the ends so you can make them move. Hope this helped!
SuddenlyAirship is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

Or you could do what I saw a Pride cosplayer do once, and make a backdrop of sorts to carry around. He used a stand-up cardboard like for science fair projects, and painted eyes and teeth on it. You could paint the vectors on one of those if you have enough skillz.

For cosplay photos and selfies please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
InLoveWithLoki
TickleMeLoki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenlyAirship View Post
Well the easiest way I can think of right now would be to buy some light, clear tape, and wrap it around your arm sticky-side up, and then sticky-side down. Basically, make a model of your arm using clear tape and then cut it off. It will be light, fairly transparent and won't bend easily. You can attach it to a simple back harness, and if you want even attach fishing string to the ends so you can make them move. Hope this helped!
Thanks! I used cling wrap as a base on my arms and then used clear packing tape to give it strength to stand up.
InLoveWithLoki is offline   Reply With Quote