Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 01-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
PlasticApple

Question Skyward Sword Zelda Wig help?

I desperately need some advice on styling my wig for my Zelda cosplay from Skyward Sword.

Here's what Zelda's hair looks like from all angles: http://www.deviantart.com/download/3...rb-d4ztklc.png

I bought a Le Tigre in Light Blonde from Arda wigs, and I'm very happy with the wig itself, but I'm practically tearing my own hair out trying to figure out how I'm supposed to attach these ribbons. I can't seem to wrap the ribbons around some hair without them just sliding off. ): Does anyone have any advice on this?

I'm also considering buying some short bangs from arda and some wefts to make both her bangs and dread locks look thicker. SS!Zelda has very full and thick hair, but I'm having trouble achieving that look. Would adding these clip on bangs from arda (http://arda-wigs.com/products/short-bang) on top of the existing bangs I cut on, as well as adding wefts onto the dreads achieve a good look?

I'm new to styling wigs so I'm getting a little frustrated ): I'd appreciate any and all advice so much! Thanks for reading!
PlasticApple is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

One pack of weft should to enough to thicken up everything. But I recommend just the bangs to be thickened.

The back of her hair can be styled over a foam piece with the hair glued down over the ends to get that thickness. The ribbon will also need to glued down with hot glue on low or Got2B Glued Spiking glue.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
PlasticApple

Thank you so much!
PlasticApple is offline   Reply With Quote