Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 01-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #31
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

=( I hope your body recovers soon from all that work!!

| edward elric [fullmetal alchemist] 0% | duo maxwell [gundam wing] 50% |
| barbara gordon: batgirl [new 52] 0% | chandra nalaar [magic the gathering] 10% |

| princess ariel's pink gown [the little mermaid] (planning) |
| sir alanna of pirate's swoop and olau [the song of the lioness series] (planning) |

"you should let yourself go over the edge every once in a while & enjoy your life"
-duo maxwell-
nevershutsupkat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #32
nikkiolie

I've been working out. I just hardly get on my computer at home and the one at work is too slow. This past weekend I finally got a gym membership. I did an hour of cardio yesterday and 30 minutes today with 30 minutes of weights.

I'm down 4 pounds from Thanksgiving!

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #33
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Awesome nikkiolie!! And no worries about not getting on often! I just thought I would check in on everyone! Hooray for a gym membership! I just got my son signed up for gymnastics at the Y so I plan to put him in the daycare before his class so I can do an exercise class myself and then take him to his class.

Maybe those of us going to Sakura con can meet up and finally meet in person! =)

| barbara gordon: batgirl [new 52] 0% | chandra nalaar [magic the gathering] 10% |

| sir alanna of pirate's swoop and olau [the song of the lioness series] (planning) |

"you should let yourself go over the edge every once in a while & enjoy your life"
-duo maxwell-
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #34
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

How's everyone doing?! I just started school again myself so I am now juggling homework, commuting to school and working out! I hope everyone is finding a good balance in your life to be able to juggle everyday life and your journey to a healthier self! =D

-duo maxwell-
Unread 01-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #35
AceKasbo

I'm doing Les Mills Combat and Body Beast from beachbody. I rested today cause 4 days of 8 workouts has brutally shocked my body all over and it's a great feeling. I'll be back to it hardcore tommorrow! Keep up the burn!
AceKasbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #36
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Wow AceKasbo! Talk about hardcore! That's so awesome! Do enjoy your rest day today! I have been talking about TurboFire so much that my husband wants to start it once he gets home in a few weeks so I have a feeling I will be doing TF twice a day (mornings will be my workout and evenings will be with him).

Keep up the hard work!!! =D

-duo maxwell-
Unread 01-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #37
Resident-chick
They canceled Ugly Betty

I'd love to join! Im getting ready for Anime Expo however.
Anastasia-First outfit- 0%
Secret cosplay! - 0%
Resident-chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #38
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Yay Resident-Chick!! =D When is Anime Expo??

I was playing around with my wigs and contacts last night and I finally accepted the fact that the wig I bought for Duo is too light so I'll be ordering a new wig tonight. Once that one comes in, I'll probably plan for a night were I will cosplay while working out. =D

-duo maxwell-
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #39
Piobaireachd

Sorry for intruding, but I'm also working on getting fit for cosplay since the first day of 2013. Unfortunately I can't attend Sakuracon as it's not on my country, but maybe we could help and motivate each other, even overseas (:

I've been eating healthier for some time now and this week I started exercising for real. Walked 4 miles yesterday and almost 3 today, but with uphills. It's hard to get your body going after such a long time without doing any exercises, but it's gonna worth it
Piobaireachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #40
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

You're not intruding, Piobaireachd! Don't be silly! No one has to be local or attending Sakuracon to "hang out" with us cool people! =) Any motivation is welcome here!! =D

Great job on your walking!! That is quite a walk you went on! And good for you to tackle those hills!! I hear ya about the trying to get started. Until now, I hadn't worked out since having my son! My body was definitely telling me "NO!" It is most definitely worth it!! =D I can't wait to hear more of your accomplishments!

-duo maxwell-
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #41
mokaakashiya16

ill join too
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #42
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Woo! Glad to have you aboard mokaakashiya16!

-duo maxwell-
Unread 01-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #43
DowagerAtWork

Sorry I haven't responded in a while nevershutsupkat! I'm glad to hear that you're keeping with it, AND that you're getting your kid started with healthy habits. It's so much better for him to learn now than to struggle later. And the main reason I'm doing this is to be healthy and happy. And it would be kinda fun to cosplay as an Avatar: The Last Airbender character. Also, Jillian Michaels definitely gave me a shock, but I'm sticking with it.

Keep it up, people, keep it up! Put down the soda (I know someone has to be drinking soda right now)! Be the belle of the con.
DowagerAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #44
nikkiolie

I reached two of my goals on Sunday. I was able to run a mile in 8 minutes and I did 8 squats with over 200 lbs. My next goals are a mile in 7:30 and squat 260 lbs (twice my body weight). So far I am on tract to reach these half way through Feb.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #45
GreenElfie

Can I join in too? I'm a bit late though to the conversation though...haha...Only last week I started the Beachbody workouts, I plan to start mixing in Jillian Michaels workout dvds once in a while, I've always liked her videos! Also started up a spin class at my local gym. Trying to get in shape for this summer and all the 5K races coming up, and of course the convention season! Hope everyone is doing great with their workouts!

Upcoming conventions:
Dragon*Con 2014
Senshi-Con 2014

In Progress:

Elsa - Frozen
Molly - The Walking Dead
Fallout - Vault Suit
GreenElfie is offline   Reply With Quote